Alan Smith

Dave

I thought we were supposed to be a better team with Smith up front as he can hold the ball up which would put less pressure on our defence?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

not just smith. if the only way we can have owen in the side is to play a lady-in-waiting alongside him, shit like smith or heskey, serving to his every whim, then perhaps he is the problem.

/tin hat

I thought we were supposed to be a better team with Smith up front as he can hold the ball up which would put less pressure on our defence?

not just smith. if the only way we can have owen in the side is to play a lady-in-waiting alongside him, shit like smith or heskey, serving to his every whim, then perhaps he is the problem.

/tin hat

The midfield is the problem now reagardless of the def lapses today. We still don't have a proper DM or AMC.

Zoggy carried us in a few games early on but he can't at his age be expected to make us tick at his age.

/tin hat

The midfield is the problem now reagardless of the def lapses today. We still don't have a proper DM or AMC.

Zoggy carried us in a few games early on but he can't at his age be expected to make us tick at his age.

agree, wish we had someone like muntari playing for us, a top athelete. think we missed geremi too, he helps us to keep the ball, can run nonstop, always makes himself available, unlike butt or barton. barton did a bit going forward but looked hopelessly adrift in midfield at times. those two won't make a good partnership and i've said that before today so not just a knee-jerk.

Haven't said, but i think you're right about Geremi, Johnny. We missed him purely down to the fact that we couldn't keep the ball for shit. The midfield wasn't organised and we had no phyiscal presence to drive us on.

Haven't said, but i think you're right about Geremi, Johnny. We missed him purely down to the fact that we couldn't keep the ball for shit. The midfield wasn't organised and we had no phyiscal presence to drive us on.

Alan Smith was supposed to help us keep the ball, if he doesn't do that then what does he contribute?

Alan Smith was supposed to help us keep the ball, if he doesn't do that then what does he contribute?

He gets the card count up.

He gets the card count up.

He certainly does that better than anyone. :lol:

Alan Smith is overrated.

Hes invisible in most matches and doesnt contribute shit to the team.

We should sign a decent AMC in january and Barca will be selling eidur gudjohnsen which would do a 5x better job then Smith.

Alan Smith is overrated.

We should sign a decent AMC in january and Barca will be selling eidur gudjohnsen which would do a 5x better job then Smith.

Overrated? I don't rate him one bit.

Alan Smith is overrated.

:lol: good point, who rates him?

What's Smith got to do with anything that i said? Smith's gash.

Alan Smith is overrated.

Hes invisible in most matches and doesnt contribute s*** to the team.

:lol: good point, who rates him?

The forum resident chuckle brothers that are {no name mentioned}

What's Smith got to do with anything that i said? Smith's gash.

???

Thought he was a shit player before we signed him, but we should give him a chance since hes here now, and to be fair, his brief partnership with Martins against Everton was the best weve had this season from any strike pairing.

If anyone isnt pulling their weight in any way, its most likely Owen, who has done practically nothing for several games now.