January window targets

TRon

It really depends on how effective Barton becomes and if Emre can get fit and provide some good form. If either or both don't do it then we must look there for new players.

Milner needs someone to challenge him, but so does Enrique so we can keep the Zog on the wing and not in defense.

I don't think we can rely on Emre's fitness so I'd still get an attacking central mf in with a strong creative component to his game. Right winger would be nice.

Sell a few more wasters if poss.

Would love to see Carr & Babayaro released from the club, it would almost be a signing in itself, a replacement would be magical.

Said it all last year, but will say it again, but i hope NUFC would take a chance on some English youth from the lower leagues, bring them in as cheap back up with a potential to be decent players. LB, RB & RW would be great to get some bodies in to help relieve any future worries about injuries and possibly provide a brighter future.

We've brought in some decent defenders over the summer, but excluding Enrique they aren't going to last long or sell well in the future.

Creative central mid, and a new keeper.

Thats not kneejerk, i honestly believe Shay won't be at SJP this time next year.

what?!??

Shay is one of the best keepers in the league, and has been for many years.  How on earth can you justify selling him?

Yes i know he is a great shotstopper, i totally agree.

But i wonder now our defence seems to be much better, whether a more vocal keeper would go with them, an organiser if you know what i mean.

Im not denying he makes some wonder saves, but if we had a keeper always on the backs of the defenders, would our keeper need to make as many wonder saves?

Its also worrying that our defence is supposedly much stronger this season, but we are still leaking goals.

I would also add, that i think SA would justify it, if he could flog Given for £8m, bring in Jussi on a free and use the profit to buy us the creative midfielder we all crave.

ironic that milner has a poor couple of weeks yet you are happy with n'zogbia/duff who were both s*** for an entire season.

He has rarely been above average tbh. You are right though, he has been s*** lately. N'Zogbia and Duff have the tools. Milner doesnt. Simple really.

Anyway, a left back, a right winger, a creative midfield player and perhaps a few kids to develop. We could do with a few more but anyone better than we have is fine by me.

where did i say milner had been shit ? i said "poor",shit is what n'zogbia and duff were last season,remember when milner was or best LEFT sided midfielder.he's not playing as well as he did last season and to be honest there wasn't much to choose between him and the fans fave n'zog yesterday(class marking from the frenchman on their equaliser)

it would not surprise me if milner was dropped for as i have said his last couple of games havent been his best)

anyway what would i want the club to be looking for in january. a creative and strong box to box central midfielder and a huntelaar type forward.

has there ever been a norwegian player in newcastle? riise is a f****** c***... aldough i wouldnt mind seeing him here... can provide goals and is a very consistent player... but then again i would mind seeing carew or gams pedersen here as well :)

has there ever been a norwegian player in newcastle? riise is a f****** c***... aldough i wouldnt mind seeing him here... can provide goals and is a very consistent player... but then again i would mind seeing carew or gams pedersen here as well :)

Other than Ronny Johnsen you mean?

ironic that milner has a poor couple of weeks yet you are happy with n'zogbia/duff who were both s*** for an entire season.

He has rarely been above average tbh. You are right though, he has been s*** lately. N'Zogbia and Duff have the tools. Milner doesnt. Simple really.

Anyway, a left back, a right winger, a creative midfield player and perhaps a few kids to develop. We could do with a few more but anyone better than we have is fine by me.

where did i say milner had been s*** ? i said "poor",s*** is what n'zogbia and duff were last season,remember when milner was or best LEFT sided midfielder.he's not playing as well as he did last season and to be honest there wasn't much to choose between him and the fans fave n'zog yesterday(class marking from the frenchman on their equaliser)

it would not surprise me if milner was dropped for as i have said his last couple of games havent been his best)

anyway what would i want the club to be looking for in january. a creative and strong box to box central midfielder and a huntelaar type forward.

Zog has the ability, Milner doesnt. Simple really. Milner has been a passenger this season and looking back at last season is pointless. Personally I thought he was average at best then. Compared to players in teams we should be challenging he is nowhere near their standard - Petrov, Lennon, Bentley etc. Of course Zog has a lot to learn. However he has had a more productive 2 months than Milner ever has had playing from left back.....

You're right though Milner needs dropping.

The midfielder would help. A wide player with pace and crossing ability would be perfect.

where did i say milner had been s*** ? i said "poor",s*** is what n'zogbia and duff were last season,remember when milner was or best LEFT sided midfielder.he's not playing as well as he did last season and to be honest there wasn't much to choose between him and the fans fave n'zog yesterday(class marking from the frenchman on their equaliser)

Zog has the ability, Milner doesnt. Simple really. Milner has been a passenger this season and looking back at last season is pointless. Personally I thought he was average at best then. Compared to players in teams we should be challenging he is nowhere near their standard - Petrov, Lennon, Bentley etc. Of course Zog has a lot to learn. However he has had a more productive 2 months than Milner ever has had playing from left back.....

You're right though Milner needs dropping.

The midfielder would help. A wide player with pace and crossing ability would be perfect.

milner was average last season ?

what has n'zogbia done that milner hasn't ?

Milner was average by a decent clubs standard last year. In our team he looked like a decent player amongst a shower of shite. Certainly no pearl.

Zog? Score? Create?. Apart from that. Fuck all.

Milner was average by a decent clubs standard last year. In our team he looked like a decent player amongst a shower of s****. Certainly no pearl.

Zog? Score? Create?. Apart from that. f*** all.

over how long ?does that mean last christmas you were saying the opposite of what you are now saying.

if you think milner should be replaced then i can't understand why you don't think n'zogbia shouldn't be replaced, both players have similar potential and at least milner doesn't become more of a hinderance but keeps working when it's not going for him.

i agree with dropping milner right now,like i said drop n'zogbia last year.

Milner was average by a decent clubs standard last year. In our team he looked like a decent player amongst a shower of s****. Certainly no pearl.

over how long ?does that mean last christmas you were saying the opposite of what you are now saying.

if you think milner should be replaced then i can't understand why you don't think n'zogbia shouldn't be replaced, both players have similar potential and at least milner doesn't become more of a hinderance but keeps working when it's not going for him.

N'Zogbia has the tools Milner will never have. No lover of hard work without talent. Prefer a lazy b****** like Robert or Petrov to Milner any day. He simply doesnt have it. N'Zogbia is not going to be great either but has an awful lot more going for him than Milner.

Nb: No I wasnt saying the opposite last xmas. Was that the last time James played well? He certainly did ok then. Nothing then told he shouldn't be replaced though.

I beleive that the squad is quite good at the moment. We have good options in all positions.

Its pointless at this moment to say that we need a right winger, a left back or a striker. And mention players like Bentley.

If we want to improve the squad we are at a level where only trophy signings can take us where we want,, CL!

We need 2-3 absolute top players to break in to the top 4. Players that scares the opposition and boosts their own team with confidence. Our own Gerrard , Ronaldo, Messi, Terry, Ibrahimovic ...

If we can pay up, we might get one or two of theese :

Deco

Van der Vaart

Quaresma

Riquelme

I beleive that the squad is quite good at the moment. We have good options in all positions.

Its pointless at this moment to say that we need a right winger, a left back or a striker. And mention players like Bentley.

If we want to improve the squad we are at a level where only trophy signings can take us where we want,, CL!

We need 2-3 absolute top players to break in to the top 4. Players that scares the opposition and boosts their own team with confidence. Our own Gerrard , Ronaldo, Messi, Terry, Ibrahimovic ...

If we can pay up, we might get one or two of theese :

Deco

Van der Vaart

Quaresma

Riquelme

Quite right really. Bentley is better but personally I think we need much better. Attracting top level players isn't going to be easy but as Man City showed - it is possible. I'd happily have Petrov and Elano!

the january transfer window comings and goings if i was manager of NUFC:

inward:

1.  left back

2.  target man (adriano, huntelaar)

3.  creative midfielder unless emre and barton are consistently fit and effective

4.  2-3 gifted young players under age 23 (one left back, one right mid, one quick forward)

outward:

1.  babayaro

2.  ameobi

That's why you're not manager.

it's probably a good thing.  but care to explain or are you just trying your pathetic best to be funny?

Presumably that's your order of what we need, but I fail to see why we need a left back and a target man more than we need a central midfielder. Why do we need a target man exactly?

Arteta - £12,000,000 - take it or leave it. Would be difficult to prise him away from Everton, but if we're significantly higher in the table than they are, then his head could well be turned. He nearly joined us, or wanted to join us, once before if i recall correctly. He's fucking mint and both the quality right-winger/innovative centre-mid that we need.

If not, i'd go for Shaun Wright-Phillips...

N'Zogbia has the tools Milner will never have. No lover of hard work without talent. Prefer a lazy b****** like Robert or Petrov to Milner any day. He simply doesnt have it. N'Zogbia is not going to be great either but has an awful lot more going for him than Milner.

Nb: No I wasnt saying the opposite last xmas. Was that the last time James played well? He certainly did ok then. Nothing then told he shouldn't be replaced though.

i don't see what n'zogbia has done in his time here to rate him any better then milner.

i don't see what n'zogbia has done in his time here to rate him any better then milner.

Just ability. Milner doesn't have the tools.

My main concerns with Milner:

His technique isn't great. (zog has a better touch and ability on the ball) 

His crossing is patchy (as is Zogs but he can whip a ball and Milner can't do it as well)

He has below average Premiership pace (Zog isnt lightning but he has above average pace)

Both are strong but Zog is more aggressive.

Both decent squad players.

Other than Ronny Johnsen you mean?

and you rate him as a player? tsk tsk....

hehe forgot all about him... any others?

His crossing is patchy (as is Zogs but he can whip a ball and Milner can't do it as well)

He has below average Premiership pace (Zog isnt lightning but he has above average pace)

milners technique is as good,i'd say he's better dribbling than n'zog and gets past his man more.

milners crossing is as good as n'zogbia's

milner can play well on either side

n'zogbia has a better eye for goal

milners defends better from midfield then n'zogbia but n'zogbia makes an adequate full back.

both decent squad players with potential.

milners technique is as good,i'd say he's better dribbling than n'zog and gets past his man more.

milners crossing is as good as n'zogbia's

milner can play well on either side

n'zogbia has a better eye for goal

milners defends better from midfield then n'zogbia but n'zogbia makes an adequate full back.

both decent squad players with potential.

On several of the points we disagree. Guess time will tell.