January window targets

TRon

N'Zogbia is not going to be great

I disagree there, I think he's got masses of potential to be a top player.

Last year I said he was the last player I wanted to see leave, after even Owen.

Milner was average by a decent clubs standard last year. In our team he looked like a decent player amongst a shower of s****. Certainly no pearl.

Zog? Score? Create?. Apart from that. f*** all.

over how long ?does that mean last christmas you were saying the opposite of what you are now saying.

if you think milner should be replaced then i can't understand why you don't think n'zogbia shouldn't be replaced, both players have similar potential and at least milner doesn't become more of a hinderance but keeps working when it's not going for him.

i agree with dropping milner right now,like i said drop n'zogbia last year.

N'Zogbia has the tools Milner will never have. No lover of hard work without talent. Prefer a lazy b****** like Robert or Petrov to Milner any day. He simply doesnt have it. N'Zogbia is not going to be great either but has an awful lot more going for him than Milner.

Nb: No I wasnt saying the opposite last xmas. Was that the last time James played well? He certainly did ok then. Nothing then told he shouldn't be replaced though.

i don't see what n'zogbia has done in his time here to rate him any better then milner.

Just ability. Milner doesn't have the tools.

My main concerns with Milner:

His technique isn't great. (zog has a better touch and ability on the ball) 

His crossing is patchy (as is Zogs but he can whip a ball and Milner can't do it as well)

He has below average Premiership pace (Zog isnt lightning but he has above average pace)

Both are strong but Zog is more aggressive.

Both decent squad players.

milners technique is as good,i'd say he's better dribbling than n'zog and gets past his man more.

milners crossing is as good as n'zogbia's

milner can play well on either side

n'zogbia has a better eye for goal

milners defends better from midfield then n'zogbia but n'zogbia makes an adequate full back.

both decent squad players with potential.

Sums them both up perfectly

N'Zogbia is not going to be great

I disagree there, I think he's got masses of potential to be a top player.

Last year I said he was the last player I wanted to see leave, after even Owen.

I think he could be a good player personally. Not great. Hopefully he'll be here for a long time. He missed a year sulking but he has the chance to put things right. There are few things he needs to work on but he has the tools to work with to get to that level. That is the point I make with Milner. He simply doesn't have the ammunition N'Zogbia does.

Milner was average by a decent clubs standard last year. In our team he looked like a decent player amongst a shower of s****. Certainly no pearl.

Zog? Score? Create?. Apart from that. f*** all.

over how long ?does that mean last christmas you were saying the opposite of what you are now saying.

if you think milner should be replaced then i can't understand why you don't think n'zogbia shouldn't be replaced, both players have similar potential and at least milner doesn't become more of a hinderance but keeps working when it's not going for him.

i agree with dropping milner right now,like i said drop n'zogbia last year.

N'Zogbia has the tools Milner will never have. No lover of hard work without talent. Prefer a lazy b****** like Robert or Petrov to Milner any day. He simply doesnt have it. N'Zogbia is not going to be great either but has an awful lot more going for him than Milner.

Nb: No I wasnt saying the opposite last xmas. Was that the last time James played well? He certainly did ok then. Nothing then told he shouldn't be replaced though.

i don't see what n'zogbia has done in his time here to rate him any better then milner.

Just ability. Milner doesn't have the tools.

My main concerns with Milner:

His technique isn't great. (zog has a better touch and ability on the ball) 

His crossing is patchy (as is Zogs but he can whip a ball and Milner can't do it as well)

He has below average Premiership pace (Zog isnt lightning but he has above average pace)

Both are strong but Zog is more aggressive.

Both decent squad players.

milners technique is as good,i'd say he's better dribbling than n'zog and gets past his man more.

milners crossing is as good as n'zogbia's

milner can play well on either side

n'zogbia has a better eye for goal

milners defends better from midfield then n'zogbia but n'zogbia makes an adequate full back.

both decent squad players with potential.

Sums them both up perfectly

Does it shite.

N'Zogbia's crossing is far better, he can whip them in with pace in the air or is capable of getting them in low behind the back four making it hard for the opposition to defend against, Milner's on the other hand are the same predictable lofted ball with little pace which means the attacker has to work harder to generate the power himself.

Milner doesn't have anywhere near the potential N'Zogbia has, that lad is capable of being one of the best around if he's coached properly but Milner won't, he won't be anywhere near.

The difference with Zog and Milner are these:

Pace. Zog can skin a man on the outside like against West Ham leaving Bowyer for dead. From that position chances of scoring from a cross increase dramatically as opposed to Milner's, stop; feint, shuffle, cut inside (because he can't go outside) or cross high routine.

Goals. Zog scores them and Milner doesn't. Forwards,  need to get some goals and the best wide players do. Milner, considering he's got a decent right foot scores very few, and I put that down to lack of bad intent. He just doesn't want it enough IMO.

What have you got coming through your youth policy at the moment? Rarely see threads on here talking about it.

PS Zog v Milner - doesn't Zog have something of a mardy arsed attitude? Milner wins hands down on that front, as his attitude is beyond question.

What have you got coming through your youth policy at the moment? Rarely see threads on here talking about it.

PS Zog v Milner - doesn't Zog have something of a mardy arsed attitude? Milner wins hands down on that front, as his attitude is beyond question.

So is Peter Ramage's.

Pace. Zog can skin a man on the outside like against West Ham leaving Bowyer for dead. From that position chances of scoring from a cross increase dramatically as opposed to Milner's, stop; feint, shuffle, cut inside (because he can't go outside) or cross high routine.

Goals. Zog scores them and Milner doesn't. Forwards,  need to get some goals and the best wide players do. Milner, considering he's got a decent right foot scores very few, and I put that down to lack of bad intent. He just doesn't want it enough IMO.

Agreed, especially with the first point.

When N'Zogbia beats his man he looks to get the ball in straight away while the opposition defence is disorganised, Milner on the other hand stops, turns the man again, does a step over, turns the man again before floating a high ball in, while he's going through the usual routine out on the wing which is slowing our play down the opposition back four has a chance to reorganise and set themselves again.

So is Peter Ramage's.

Indeed.

When N'Zogbia beats his man he looks to get the ball in straight away while the opposition defence is disorganised, Milner on the other hand stops, turns the man again, does a step over, turns the man again before floating a high ball in, while he's going through the usual routine out on the wing which is slowing our play down the opposition back four has a chance to reorganise and set themselves again.

Man City had a piss easy game cos of that. All too often this season teams have sussed what he will do. Unfortunately he doesnt have a plan B.

I'd take the better footballer over the better attitude any day, it's down to the manager to use good man management in sorting the situation.

Two players like Arteta and Edmilson would be f****** bozz, like.

I'm hoping for Kaka in January myself.

The ball would fly right over his head the way you lot play. (says Mr Pot) Hibbert should have been booked yesterday for having a shit accent by the way.

when's he done this ? last season he was our 3rd best left midfielder,this season he's played left back and got round the back how many times ?you could argue when he's got forward it's been cos of milners hold up play.

you'll also find when he plays midfield and is further forward,quite often ahead or on line with the forwards he doesn't whip it over but holds it up a lot more however he'll put it in earlier when it's rolled back to him,which he can do when playing at full back.

when's he done this ? last season he was our 3rd best left midfielder,this season he's played left back and got round the back how many times ?you could argue when he's got forward it's been cos of milners hold up play.

you'll also find when he plays midfield and is further forward,quite often ahead or on line with the forwards he doesn't whip it over but holds it up a lot more however he'll put it in earlier when it's rolled back to him,which he can do when playing at full back.Watch N'

You're flogging a dead horse mate. Milner isn't as good. Not sure anyone could put hand on heart and claim he is. I admire your support of Milner but he will be top class the day we find the earth is flat. Watch N'Zogbia on Saturday and he drives at people. They have no idea if he is going outside them or about to shoot (see the shot in the first half Howard did well to get a hand to). Milner doesnt have those options - Zogbia does. Note how he broke away from left back against West Ham and outpaced Bowyer on the outside. Milner wouldnt have got there.

Nb: I have some doubt N'Zogbia will be top class but he certainly has the tools to be that.

Milner has always slowed play down. Sadly he doesn't have the pace or technical ability to do anything else. He's been sussed. At Man City it was embarrassing waching the lad as they just let him get on with it while they regrouped.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

We are being linked to Riise and Burnley's Kyle Lafferty today.

Linked where?

The News of The World suggested today that both Villa and us are interested in Riise.

The People stated Sam Allardyce is considering a move for Lafferty.

Guest Synthespian

with a full squad id play smith on the right.

martins  owen

duff          emre    barton        smith

enrique    rozenhal    taylor        beye

given

dont care that anyone says that team is the way forward!!!!

Whilst I like it I would move Duff on the right and Zogs on the left.

Linked where?

The News of The World suggested today that both Villa and us are interested in Riise.

Never seen Lafferty. Not keen on Riise.

Linked where?

Despite those both being Sunday rags?

We need an Elano, Arteta, Deco etc. Someone that can make us get on feet when they have the ball. A right winder would be nice but not before one of these. However, i still want to see how Barton and Emre are going to fit in.

Two players like Arteta and Edmilson would be f****** bozz, like.

I'm hoping for Kaka in January myself.

You don't think Arteta would sign for a club higher than you in the table and with a lot more money? :D

you'll also find when he plays midfield and is further forward,quite often ahead or on line with the forwards he doesn't whip it over but holds it up a lot more however he'll put it in earlier when it's rolled back to him,which he can do when playing at full back.Watch N'

You're flogging a dead horse mate. Milner isn't as good. Not sure anyone could put hand on heart and claim he is. I admire your support of Milner but he will be top class the day we find the earth is flat. Watch N'Zogbia on Saturday and he drives at people. They have no idea if he is going outside them or about to shoot (see the shot in the first half Howard did well to get a hand to). Milner doesnt have those options - Zogbia does. Note how he broke away from left back against West Ham and outpaced Bowyer on the outside. Milner wouldnt have got there.

Nb: I have some doubt N'Zogbia will be top class but he certainly has the tools to be that.

Milner has always slowed play down. Sadly he doesn't have the pace or technical ability to do anything else. He's been sussed. At Man City it was embarrassing waching the lad as they just let him get on with it while they regrouped.

i don't think milner is better, i make them even at the minute.

we aren't going to agree, should we drop it before we become ne5/mick ?