January window targets

TRon

The one glaring weakness in our squad right now is right wing. It could be argued we need a creative CM but with Barton and Emre at least we have options there. On the right, the only choice is Milner or possibly Geremi. Whatever you think of those two, it would be nice to have an option of real pace on the right wing, similar to the options we have on the left once Duff is fit. It won't be easy in January but a quality right winger should be our next buy in the transfer window.

not sure, its a tough one. I think a creative CM is what most people would say, but with Emre and Barton fit, competition is going to be fierce. Maybe IF Deco became available, then yeah, you couldnt turn that down. Not sure bout Right wing, Milner can nail that spot and like you say Geremi can also play there.

Its gonna be a tough one.

It really depends on how effective Barton becomes and if Emre can get fit and provide some good form. If either or both don't do it then we must look there for new players.

Milner needs someone to challenge him, but so does Enrique so we can keep the Zog on the wing and not in defense.

I'm actually quite happy with the squad right now. The defence looks the best it has for years, in terms of both quality and amount of cover. We've got lots of options up front and, when Barton/Emre are fully fit I like the options across the middle.

Plus we've got Duff to come back in and Owen to get fully fit (crosses fingers!).

I'd be inclined to sign a couple of young, highly rated full backs and bladder the two lazy crocks that are currently being paid for doing shite all and costing us a fortune by taking up Physio time. Carr and Babayaro.

with a full squad id play smith on the right.

martins  owen

duff          emre    barton        smith

enrique    rozenhal    taylor        beye

given

dont care that anyone says that team is the way forward!!!!

ironic that milner has a poor couple of weeks yet you are happy with n'zogbia/duff who were both shit for an entire season.

I thought the season started in August.

milner has a poor couple of games and geremi hasn't even been used there and we get this.

It's not a criticism of either, just I would like to have an option out wide with real pace, or failing that Solano's intelligence and goals.

ironic that milner has a poor couple of weeks yet you are happy with n'zogbia/duff who were both s*** for an entire season.

yes and milner hasn't been poor for that length of time.

ironic that milner has a poor couple of weeks yet you are happy with n'zogbia/duff who were both shit for an entire season.

don't know if that was aimed at me, but yes, poor season or not, I still rate both Zog and Duff.

We have a good enough squad in place to see us through the season, it's all about the first team now, as that's where we'll be picking up points week in week out. I agree about the right wing, we need to have a threat down both sides. I think Milner will come good again, he just badly needs a rest given that he played with England over the summer and played through all of last season. With the squad the way it is though, it looks like Milner is in for another long, hard season. If he gets a serious injury we have a big problem. Some competition and options (ie pace) on that right side would make a difference, certainly.

ironic that milner has a poor couple of weeks yet you are happy with n'zogbia/duff who were both s*** for an entire season.

yes and milner hasn't been poor for that length of time.

What has he done then? No goals, no assists, can't even get past a fullback. The only thing he's managed to do is slow down our attacks by taking the ball to the touchline everytime. He was shite against Boro, Derby, Man City, Everton, Villa.

Milner is the weak link in our starting 11 and the only competition for him is Smith who's awful out there and Geremi who fat Sam clearly see's as a centre mid. A new right wing should be top priority.

A right winger certainly. Someone like Maxi Rodriguez, SWP, Quaresma, Simao, etc, would be a good adition. Ie, a winger who can play comfortably in a 4-3-3 as well as a 4-4-2, and will provide goals as well as assists on top of bringing that element of flair to the team. Any of that lot would cost big money and therefore would be a gamble, but unlike in previous years, we're now in a good enough position to take such risks.

I like David N'Gog from PSG, he is young and therefore cheap and can play attacking right side in a 4-3-3. Strong, tallish, athletic and an eye for goal. Better than Milner already.

It would also be funny having N'Gog and N'Zog in the same side. We'd sound like something out of Captain Caveman.

I like David N'Gog from PSG, he is young and therefore cheap and can play attacking right side in a 4-3-3. Strong, tallish, athletic and an eye for goal. Better than Milner already.

It would also be funny having N'Gog and N'Zog in the same side. We'd sound like something out of Captain Caveman.

For that reason alone, I want to sign him :lol:

A right winger certainly. Someone like Maxi Rodriguez, SWP, Quaresma, Simao, etc, would be a good adition. Ie, a winger who can play comfortably in a 4-3-3 as well as a 4-4-2, and will provide goals as well as assists on top of bringing that element of flair to the team. Any of that lot would cost big money and therefore would be a gamble, but unlike in previous years, we're now in a good enough position to take such risks.

no chance Simao,Quaresma,Maxi would join us and prob not SWP now he is playing more regularly.

no chance Simao,Quaresma,Maxi would join us and prob not SWP now he is playing more regularly.

Doesn't have to be someone top drawer IMO, a young prospect could offer an alternative from the bench - it would still be a step in the right direction and give us a change of pace if things weren't going well.

Agree with most what's been said so far about a RW and playmaker. Think in January we should focus on the playmaker as by then we'll have Duff back who i'd put on the right instead of Milner and then of course we'd have Milner on the bench aswell as back up. I'd really love us go for Bentley in the summer, i know it may be unrealistic but he could play right wing or on the right or left of a 433 and I think if Blackburn have a poor ish season we could have a chance.

I'd like to see us get rid of Babayaro, Ameobi and Pattison. 

In January I'd like us to sign...

Another left back as cover for Enrique, possibly another youngster.

Another striker to replace Ameobi.  Either a well experienced intelligent striker who doesn't mind being cover, or a young one with good potential.  We really should have got rid of Ameobi and offered Sibierski a 2 year deal in the summer. At least he offers something up front!

I'm not sure that I want us to get another creative CM as we already have two in Barton and Emre, and its just been bad luck that they have suffered injuries over last few months.  If we have some cash to spend then another promising youngster to play CM would be nice.

We defo could do with a right winger.  I'd like us to try and go for David Bentley.  May need quite a bit of cash for that, but think he'd offer us a lot down right flank.

I can't see us having the power to buy decent players until we secure European football next year, so get rid of the s*** and bring in some promising youth to give the team more depth.  With a bit of luck we may get a gem out of the 3 youngsters we take on board.