Ngo Baheng faces up to a year out with cruciate ligament injury

NSG

i would get exited about every youngster that arrives to the club, saying he plays in 2.div in france as an 18 year old?

where do you think most talented youngsters come from? they come trough the youth system at premier clubs, but where do they get all theyr players?

I wish i had've posted something about this when i actually saw him at the training ground on saturday,

didn't think any of u lot on here would belive me though.

His augtograph was ' ngo 32 ' and told us he had signed

Guest FlapjackJoe

I wish i had've posted something about this when i actually saw him at the training ground on saturday,

He's 32???  Oba was only 5 years older than he claimed he was...    ;)

Guest optimistic nit

hopefully as good as the Zog but as always my opinion is that if he hasn't been snapped up by Arsenal by now he may not be brilliant.

its not all about how good he is now anyway its about how good he can be. you can never tell 100% at 18 whether he'll be the next zidane or the next jeenas, arsenal try their best to make good judgements and usually succeed but if they signed every kid, even just in france, with the potential to be a star they'd end up having hundereds of young french players in their academy.

Guest optimistic nit

Wesley Ngobaheng

lets think of a song...

http://hac.infoceane.com/uploads/article/400/566164b1111817bafb2e75e31a2e21c6.jpg

I dont think that picture is him, the match report that accompanys it doesnt have him scoring, unless he is a bloke who just likes to run about doing random backflips. :D

well it looks exactly like another picture (when he's the right way up) of him i've seen.

Guest Stephen927

Hopefully we sign a few more youngsters, it's always worth signing a few up or having a few on trial, there's a lot of gems out there to be uncovered.

Not much to comment on regarding this new lad, good luck to him though.

He's 32???  Oba was only 5 years older than he claimed he was...    ;)

Well he's not going to put how old he is on his autograph now  :laugh2:

THE Sunday Sun has uncovered the bizarre background of Newcastle’s soon-to-be new boy Wesley Ngo Baheng.

Teenage striker Baheng is set to join United in January after they apparently agreed a compensation deal with his current club Le Havre.

But we can reveal the strange story behind Sam Allardyce’s interest in the 18-year-old – and the youngster’s complex personal circumstances.

Having already been linked with Chelsea, we understand that Baheng had a brief trial at Bolton in January, while Allardyce was still in charge of the Trotters.

But the youngster’s spell at the Reebok Stadium – and its aftermath – caused a mini-uproar at Le Havre.

For the French Second Division club claimed Baheng – then 17 – travelled to England without their permission . . . having told them he was going to visit his estranged father.

And after Baheng failed to win a contract with Bolton, Le Havre alleged he was then abandoned to wander the streets of Paris by the agent who had arranged the trial.

Police in the suburb of Blanc-Mesnil who found Baheng alerted Le Havre to his presence in Paris, and a club official travelled to bring him back from the French capital.

And Le Havre had particular reason to take care of Baheng, with a club director having been appointed as his guardian following the imprisonment the player’s mother.

Le Havre president Jean-Pierre Louvel accused the agent of putting Baheng’s “physical and moral integrity in danger” and added: “We have a responsibility to the young people we train, and we had given this player’s mother our word we would look after him.

“This youngster returned to us shocked. He felt betrayed.”

Louvel also vowed to take Baheng’s case to the French footballing authorities in order “to get the support of other French clubs to strike a blow against the swindlers”.

Baheng, whose family hail from Cameroon, has not appeared for the Le Havre first team.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=strange-story-behind-newcastle-target-baheng&method=full&objectid=19947753&siteid=50081-name_page.html

I read an article about that kind of thing a while back.

Apparently it's the norm in Africa for football agents to get families to hand over their life savings to have their son signed up to his agency with the promise of contracts with Premiership & French teams.

Then they arrange trials with any European teams that will accept them whether they're massive or some tin pot outfit. If the kid doesn't win a contract they are often just left in whatever city they were having trials at to fend for themselves. A lot of them end up living on the streets.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...