Riise

bodson

It seems like he might be available in january with Aston Villa as the frontrunner for him.

I think Liverpool would be absolutely crazy to let him go, he is class! If this is true Sam should definately try really hard to get him to the Toon.

Added to the fact by January left midfield would arguably be our strongest position with Zoggy and Duff, he'd never get a game there.  I'd also rather see young Edgar get a chance instead of signing an average player like Riise.

Added to the fact by January left midfield would arguably be our strongest position with Zoggy and Duff, he'd never get a game there.  I'd also rather see young Edgar get a chance instead of signing an average player like Riise.

by playing Edgar out of position? surely a seasoned international with bags of european/prem experience would be better.

Centre/left back is he not?

he is a centre back

the new peter ramage

but everyone are experts on him as they seen him play on tv against man u and score

try watching reserve team football

No offence, mate, but do you only post on here to put other people down?

he is a centre back

the new peter ramage

but everyone are experts on him as they seen him play on tv against man u and score

Alright, I'll fly to England every week to watch the reserves so I can be a soopa fan like yourself.

Guest LucaAltieri

What a player, most clubs in the country he could play for!!

http://swg.stratics.com/content/lore/personas/images/yoda.gif

he is a centre back

the new peter ramage

Your knowledge continues to impress me

I rate Riise very highly.  Great free kick taker, great defensively, great offensively - what's there not to like?  If we could get him on the cheap he'll class us up a bit and add more competition for places (Baba would hardly pressure Enrique for his spot).  Can play left mid as well.  If we want to be in Europe we'll need a bigger squad and the only way to do that is to buy players, especially if they are quality, proven players like Riise.

Guest elbee909

I rate Riise very highly.  Great free kick taker, great defensively, great offensively - what's there not to like?  If we could get him on the cheap he'll class us up a bit and add more competition for places (Baba would hardly pressure Enrique for his spot).  Can play left mid as well.  If we want to be in Europe we'll need a bigger squad and the only way to do that is to buy players, especially if they are quality, proven players like Riise.

Unfortunately, ginger.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Unfortunately, ginger.

DON'T SIGN GINGER PLAYERS.

Nicky Butt being the exception.

Not sure he would come to be back up for a youngster, when he could go to Villa or someone like that and play every week. Maybe he fancies living in London for a bit too, maybe Fulham or even Spurs.

Who's he going to replace at Villa to be playing every week?

Left back Bouma? Left side of midfield Ashley Young? I think not.

Shite player.

N'Zogbia is a much better winger and if this Enrique has anything about him he'll be a better left back.

He could play for most teams in the country? Yeah, the bottom half of the Premiership and below.

I've always rated him, but a lot of Liverpool fans find him very frustrating and they're the ones who see him week in week out. Now we've gone for Enrique that should be the end of the matter.

We've paid £6m for Enrique, even in today's market that's quite a lot for a left back and he comes highly praised by the Villarreal fans who were gutted to lose him. Why would we go and sign a left back now who will restrict his chances of making it here?

We could do with cover in that position (Baba obviously has to go), but Riise will expect to play every week and Enrique needs all the experience he can get.