Newcastle 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 22/10/07 - Post match reaction from page 17

James

Oh well, just got back from two days of having the piss taken out of me by my cousins.  TBF though, I thought I was pretty accurate with my predictions................. Newcastle 2-0 (well it was a 2 goal difference), Cerny respectable, either Dawson or Chimbonda to be s*** (wasn't expecting both). 

Got JJ horribly wrong, I thought he would be motivated to have a pretty decent game but he was as bad as I think I've seen him.  Kaboul looks to have a lot of potential, but for £8m so he should.

Impressed as always by Faye, always puts in a rock solid performance every time we play against his team, MOTM by a country mile imho.  Back to the drawing board and a better effort next season.  A few points wouldn't go amiss either!

You're going down with the Mackems!

Oh well, just got back from two days of having the piss taken out of me by my cousins.  TBF though, I thought I was pretty accurate with my predictions................. Newcastle 2-0 (well it was a 2 goal difference), Cerny respectable, either Dawson or Chimbonda to be s*** (wasn't expecting both). 

Got JJ horribly wrong, I thought he would be motivated to have a pretty decent game but he was as bad as I think I've seen him.  Kaboul looks to have a lot of potential, but for £8m so he should.

Impressed as always by Faye, always puts in a rock solid performance every time we play against his team, MOTM by a country mile imho.  Back to the drawing board and a better effort next season.  A few points wouldn't go amiss either!

That told him.

Wouldn't argue with that if we played like that for the rest of the season.  Personally, I think things will improve but by how much is debateable.

Central midfield is Spurs problem. No-one with any authority in there. When King is back they will get better as Lennon gets upto speed as well. Kaboul looks good and him or King need to play as the DM.

JJ for all his natural ability isn't really good enough for a very good Spurs squad.

Surprised and irritated at the way the papers have covered the game. It is all about Spurs and Jol. Spurs and Jol.

A disappointing result for Spurs at St. James...

Since when have they won games at St. James'?

3-1 is par for the course; it's not an outlier. (Sorry 'bout  mixed metaphor). We did do the double over them last year, didn't we?

If you are looking for a reason to fire Jol, you can't really point at a loss away to Newcastle... that is what is what Tottenham does. They lose 3-1; doesn't matter if they are in the top five or the bottom three.

Wouldn't argue with that if we played like that for the rest of the season.  Personally, I think things will improve but by how much is debateable.

Firstly, well done for appearing on this board after a bad defeat.

I was expecting your defence to be weak, but I wasn't expecting the total lack of any fighting spirit throughout the team. For whatever reason, the players didn't seem to be playing for Jol any more. I have some sympathy for the guy, because I think he's been undermined from within, but it looks like it's only the lack of a suitable replacement that's keeping him in a job, and that might change soon.

That told him.

:lol:

Posted on GG:

If Jenas is 'our best midfielder' as we keep being told - then, fuck me, we have some seriously poor midfielders at this club.  I can fully understand some players having the odd bad game here and there - after all, no player is always 100% consistent.  But fucking hell - Jenas?  How in the name of Jesus can his little fan club defend him, when you see an absolutely ridiculous 'performance' like that last night?  We're not even talking about a top class opposition midfield - yet he puts in quite possibly the most embarrassing display of midfield play that I've seen in a very, very long time.

When, or how many more games are we going to have to lose, until people finally smell the coffee with him?  He's a fucking liability in our midfield - running about all over the place like a headless chicken, but constantly chasing shadows.  That is NO USE WHATSOEVER.  He can't pass, he can't create, he can't tackle, he can't take set-pieces, he can't head, he can't lead.  Oh, but he can run.  Whoopie-fucking-doo, let's all have a party Roll What a fantastic central midfielder Jermaine Jenas is! Christ almighty!!

£7m he cost us by the way.  At the time, that's when £7m was a fair old slice of cake too.  £7m!  What the hell are we getting for £7m?  The lad should - AT LEAST - be bossing central midfield against weak teams, let alone against fully-drilled 'top 4' teams.  But he can't even do that!  £7m! Fucking hell, no wonder Newcastle were laughing their tits off when they managed to get that for him.  £7m for a midfielder who can't actually do things you'd want from a midfielder!

I mean, just look at him last night: coming up against his old team, you'd think he'd be more than fired-up to go and put in a really impressive performance, take the game by the scruff of the back, show how much his game has matured and improved at Spurs - and, more than anything, use it as the best possible opportunity to shut up booboys at NUFC.  But what happened?  No, instead he went out there and proved to the entire footballing world that he's 100% fucking wank - and that the Newcastle fans were never wrong about him.

Someone suggested Robbie Savage?  Yes please!  Anyone - and I mean anyone - accept for this useless piece of not-even-average shit.  Savage runs about a lot - but at least he gets in peoples' faces, roughs it up and makes it difficult for the opposition.  Jenas doesn't even make it remotely difficult - in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if opposition midfielders rub their hands together when they see "JJ" on our team sheet - it's like Christmas come early!

So Jol wants to stick with him?  More fool him - as he will be the downfall of the guy.  Jol finds himself in an unenviable situation whereby he needs results just to keep himself in a job next week - and, for that to happen, you need players who will lay their arses on the line and don't mind getting hurt for the cause.  Did Jenas look like he was interested in 'taking one for the team' for the 3rd goal?  Nope.  I've actually seen girls put more effort and commitment into chasing down players and making damn fucking sure a shot doesn't come in.  The guy is inherently weak - a real fucking pussy.  And sorry, but pussies in midfield never made a top Premiership team.

:D

Posted on GG:

If Jenas is 'our best midfielder' as we keep being told - then, fuck me, we have some seriously poor midfielders at this club.  I can fully understand some players having the odd bad game here and there - after all, no player is always 100% consistent.  But fucking hell - Jenas?  How in the name of Jesus can his little fan club defend him, when you see an absolutely ridiculous 'performance' like that last night?  We're not even talking about a top class opposition midfield - yet he puts in quite possibly the most embarrassing display of midfield play that I've seen in a very, very long time.

When, or how many more games are we going to have to lose, until people finally smell the coffee with him?  He's a fucking liability in our midfield - running about all over the place like a headless chicken, but constantly chasing shadows.  That is NO USE WHATSOEVER.  He can't pass, he can't create, he can't tackle, he can't take set-pieces, he can't head, he can't lead.  Oh, but he can run.  Whoopie-fucking-doo, let's all have a party Roll What a fantastic central midfielder Jermaine Jenas is! Christ almighty!!

£7m he cost us by the way.  At the time, that's when £7m was a fair old slice of cake too.  £7m!  What the hell are we getting for £7m?  The lad should - AT LEAST - be bossing central midfield against weak teams, let alone against fully-drilled 'top 4' teams.  But he can't even do that!  £7m! Fucking hell, no wonder Newcastle were laughing their tits off when they managed to get that for him.  £7m for a midfielder who can't actually do things you'd want from a midfielder!

I mean, just look at him last night: coming up against his old team, you'd think he'd be more than fired-up to go and put in a really impressive performance, take the game by the scruff of the back, show how much his game has matured and improved at Spurs - and, more than anything, use it as the best possible opportunity to shut up booboys at NUFC.  But what happened?  No, instead he went out there and proved to the entire footballing world that he's 100% fucking wank - and that the Newcastle fans were never wrong about him.

Someone suggested Robbie Savage?  Yes please!  Anyone - and I mean anyone - accept for this useless piece of not-even-average shit.  Savage runs about a lot - but at least he gets in peoples' faces, roughs it up and makes it difficult for the opposition.  Jenas doesn't even make it remotely difficult - in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if opposition midfielders rub their hands together when they see "JJ" on our team sheet - it's like Christmas come early!

So Jol wants to stick with him?  More fool him - as he will be the downfall of the guy.  Jol finds himself in an unenviable situation whereby he needs results just to keep himself in a job next week - and, for that to happen, you need players who will lay their arses on the line and don't mind getting hurt for the cause.  Did Jenas look like he was interested in 'taking one for the team' for the 3rd goal?  Nope.  I've actually seen girls put more effort and commitment into chasing down players and making damn fucking sure a shot doesn't come in.  The guy is inherently weak - a real fucking pussy.  And sorry, but pussies in midfield never made a top Premiership team.

Deja Vu. you sure you didn't write that Wullie?

Posted on GG:

If Jenas is 'our best midfielder' as we keep being told - then, f*** me, we have some seriously poor midfielders at this club.  I can fully understand some players having the odd bad game here and there - after all, no player is always 100% consistent.  But f****** hell - Jenas?  How in the name of Jesus can his little fan club defend him, when you see an absolutely ridiculous 'performance' like that last night?  We're not even talking about a top class opposition midfield - yet he puts in quite possibly the most embarrassing display of midfield play that I've seen in a very, very long time.

When, or how many more games are we going to have to lose, until people finally smell the coffee with him?  He's a f****** liability in our midfield - running about all over the place like a headless chicken, but constantly chasing shadows.  That is NO USE WHATSOEVER.  He can't pass, he can't create, he can't tackle, he can't take set-pieces, he can't head, he can't lead.  Oh, but he can run.  Whoopie-f******-doo, let's all have a party Roll What a fantastic central midfielder Jermaine Jenas is! Christ almighty!!

£7m he cost us by the way.  At the time, that's when £7m was a fair old slice of cake too.  £7m!  What the hell are we getting for £7m?  The lad should - AT LEAST - be bossing central midfield against weak teams, let alone against fully-drilled 'top 4' teams.  But he can't even do that!  £7m! f****** hell, no wonder Newcastle were laughing their tits off when they managed to get that for him.  £7m for a midfielder who can't actually do things you'd want from a midfielder!

I mean, just look at him last night: coming up against his old team, you'd think he'd be more than fired-up to go and put in a really impressive performance, take the game by the scruff of the back, show how much his game has matured and improved at Spurs - and, more than anything, use it as the best possible opportunity to shut up booboys at NUFC.  But what happened?  No, instead he went out there and proved to the entire footballing world that he's 100% f****** w*** - and that the Newcastle fans were never wrong about him.

Someone suggested Robbie Savage?  Yes please!  Anyone - and I mean anyone - accept for this useless piece of not-even-average s***.  Savage runs about a lot - but at least he gets in peoples' faces, roughs it up and makes it difficult for the opposition.  Jenas doesn't even make it remotely difficult - in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if opposition midfielders rub their hands together when they see "JJ" on our team sheet - it's like Christmas come early!

So Jol wants to stick with him?  More fool him - as he will be the downfall of the guy.  Jol finds himself in an unenviable situation whereby he needs results just to keep himself in a job next week - and, for that to happen, you need players who will lay their arses on the line and don't mind getting hurt for the cause.  Did Jenas look like he was interested in 'taking one for the team' for the 3rd goal?  Nope.  I've actually seen girls put more effort and commitment into chasing down players and making damn f****** sure a shot doesn't come in.  The guy is inherently weak - a real f****** pussy.  And sorry, but pussies in midfield never made a top Premiership team.

"Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get f***** by dicks. But dicks also f*** assholes: assholes that just want to s*** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can f*** an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they f*** too much or f*** when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of s*** that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us f*** this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in s***!"

Posted on GG:

If Jenas is 'our best midfielder' as we keep being told - then, f*** me, we have some seriously poor midfielders at this club.  I can fully understand some players having the odd bad game here and there - after all, no player is always 100% consistent.  But f****** hell - Jenas?  How in the name of Jesus can his little fan club defend him, when you see an absolutely ridiculous 'performance' like that last night?  We're not even talking about a top class opposition midfield - yet he puts in quite possibly the most embarrassing display of midfield play that I've seen in a very, very long time.

When, or how many more games are we going to have to lose, until people finally smell the coffee with him?  He's a f****** liability in our midfield - running about all over the place like a headless chicken, but constantly chasing shadows.  That is NO USE WHATSOEVER.  He can't pass, he can't create, he can't tackle, he can't take set-pieces, he can't head, he can't lead.  Oh, but he can run.  Whoopie-f******-doo, let's all have a party Roll What a fantastic central midfielder Jermaine Jenas is! Christ almighty!!

£7m he cost us by the way.  At the time, that's when £7m was a fair old slice of cake too.  £7m!  What the hell are we getting for £7m?  The lad should - AT LEAST - be bossing central midfield against weak teams, let alone against fully-drilled 'top 4' teams.  But he can't even do that!  £7m! f****** hell, no wonder Newcastle were laughing their tits off when they managed to get that for him.  £7m for a midfielder who can't actually do things you'd want from a midfielder!

I mean, just look at him last night: coming up against his old team, you'd think he'd be more than fired-up to go and put in a really impressive performance, take the game by the scruff of the back, show how much his game has matured and improved at Spurs - and, more than anything, use it as the best possible opportunity to shut up booboys at NUFC.  But what happened?  No, instead he went out there and proved to the entire footballing world that he's 100% f****** w*** - and that the Newcastle fans were never wrong about him.

Someone suggested Robbie Savage?  Yes please!  Anyone - and I mean anyone - accept for this useless piece of not-even-average s***.  Savage runs about a lot - but at least he gets in peoples' faces, roughs it up and makes it difficult for the opposition.  Jenas doesn't even make it remotely difficult - in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if opposition midfielders rub their hands together when they see "JJ" on our team sheet - it's like Christmas come early!

So Jol wants to stick with him?  More fool him - as he will be the downfall of the guy.  Jol finds himself in an unenviable situation whereby he needs results just to keep himself in a job next week - and, for that to happen, you need players who will lay their arses on the line and don't mind getting hurt for the cause.  Did Jenas look like he was interested in 'taking one for the team' for the 3rd goal?  Nope.  I've actually seen girls put more effort and commitment into chasing down players and making damn f****** sure a shot doesn't come in.  The guy is inherently weak - a real f****** pussy.  And sorry, but pussies in midfield never made a top Premiership team.

thats a class post  :lol:

Posted on GG:

Fills my heart with joy. Cheers Wullie!

JJ is a good player it's just that he's not the one to take charge if the whole side is struggling. He's more decorative and needs a "boss" beside him if he is going to deliver. As I've said before Spurs have a good squad but I'm not sure where it's hiding.

JJ is a good player it's just that he's not the one to take charge if the whole side is struggling. He's more decorative and needs a "boss" beside him if he is going to deliver. As I've said before Spurs have a good squad but I'm not sure where it's hiding.

He might do better alongside an Essien. But then, so would nearly all players.

I don't think he is a good player. He's a talented player but that's not the same thing. The Spurs kid above is spot on. He simply doesn't offer enough either in terms of the individual facets of his game or as a package. He goes missing when the going gets tough and he's 'powder puff'. He looked good in his first 20 or so matches here and that was about it and I suspect Gary Speed made him look good. He had a similar start at Spurs. 'Flatters to deceive' sums him up perfectly. The pin-headed fanny.

I don't think he is a good player. He's a talented player but that's not the same thing. The Spurs kid above is spot on. He simply doesn't offer enough either in terms of the individual facets of his game or as a package. He goes missing when the going gets tough and he's 'powder puff'. He looked good in his first 20 or so matches here and that was about it and I suspect Gary Speed made him look good. He had a similar start at Spurs. 'Flatters to deceive' sums him up perfectly. The pin-headed fanny.

When he was here, Speed did about 50% of his work for him. He's not a bad player, but he's not one--to use a Sounessism--you'd want to have in the trenches with you.

Central midfield is Spurs problem. No-one with any authority in there. When King is back they will get better as Lennon gets upto speed as well. Kaboul looks good and him or King need to play as the DM.

JJ for all his natural ability isn't really good enough for a very good Spurs squad.

There are major problems in MF for sure, but they're no the only ones.  I hear that if Lennon spent as much time on the training ground as he does going clubbing, he could be a world class talent.  The questions about King is not when he comes back, but if he comes back, and if he does come back, how long will he be back for?  Crying shame because he is talented and a really nice bloke too, but he won't be the first to have his career cut short.

JJ was at his best with a truly able defensive player alongside him.  Carrick was up to that and JJ flourished.  Take Carrick away and JJ's shortcomings are there for all to see.  It's not that he can't play well for Spurs, he needs the right person alongside him and Zokora isn't that person and Huddlestone isn't (yet??).  Maybe JJ would play better if we got renamed Tottenham Patriots? :lol:

There are major problems in MF for sure, but they're no the only ones.  I hear that if Lennon spent as much time on the training ground as he does going clubbing, he could be a world class talent.  The questions about King is not when he comes back, but if he comes back, and if he does come back, how long will he be back for?  Crying shame because he is talented and a really nice bloke too, but he won't be the first to have his career cut short.

JJ was at his best with a truly able defensive player alongside him.  Carrick was up to that and JJ flourished.  Take Carrick away and JJ's shortcomings are there for all to see.  It's not that he can't play well for Spurs, he needs the right person alongside him and Zokora isn't that person and Huddlestone isn't (yet??).  Maybe JJ would play better if we got renamed Tottenham Patriots? :lol:

Is King crocked, then? Would be a shame.

Is King crocked, then? Would be a shame.

Arthritis.  Rumoured to be announcing his retirement if this latest operation isn't a success.  Sounds like his knee is just flaking away.  I'd prefer to see him retire now than to wind up in a wheelchair sometime in his later life.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/sammynb/vspuds.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/sammynb/2vspuds.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/sammynb/3vspuds.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/sammynb/4vspuds.jpg

:laugh:

cant help but love those pictures m8