Newcastle 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 22/10/07 - Post match reaction from page 17

James

i was at the hartlepool game and barton played very well, calling him atrocius on tonights display is utterly pathetic, he played ONE bad pass

Jesus Christ, he was atrocious at Carlisle. I knew there was a problem with illiteracy in schools but I hadn't realised it was on such a grand scale. :p

i was at the hartlepool game and barton played very well, calling him atrocius on tonights display is utterly pathetic, he played ONE bad pass

Jesus Christ, he was atrocious at Carlisle. I knew there was a problem with illiteracy in schools but I hadn't realised it was on such a grand scale. :p

Without checking you said he was atrocious in both pre season games IIRC

if you're going to question my literacy skills, i suggest you don't address me as Jesus Christ, my post wasn't aimed at you in particular, but bartons pre-season form was being discussed so what's wrong with me saying that?

Shit a brick! :D

If it matters..

I actually said he was attrocious pre-season, meaning the Carlisle game. I'm really not that interested, it's not relevent. Once again my actual point in response to another user seems to have been rehashed into some witch hunt against JB which it really isn't, I actually like him! :D

He was atrocious at Carlisle, and poor today. Enough. Lets hope he gets better.

if you're going to question my literacy skills, i suggest you don't address me as Jesus Christ, my post wasn't aimed at you in particular, but bartons pre-season form was being discussed so what's wrong with me saying that?

Because it was me who used the word atrocious, which was my correct desciption of his performance at Brunton Park. You referenced this, that's all.

I'm sure your literacy skills are second to none by the way. ;D

Because it was me who used the word atrocious, which was my correct desciption of his performance at Brunton Park. You referenced this, that's all.

I'm sure your literacy skills are second to none by the way. ;D

yr dm rite thy r

Spurs should be very very worried that Jermaine Jenas isn't even the worst player in their squad. He would be in most Premiership squads because he's a Championship player on a (very) good day, but Michael Dawson, fuck me, I can name members of the general public who are better than that clown. Spurs paid a combined £17m for Dawson, Jenas and Reid. That's fucking frightening. :lol: God knows how Forest are still in League One when they're getting those fees for pub players.

I can only say much of what has already been said, Faye and Butt immense, Milner poor but well taken goal, Martins and Owen both did well and it's great to see Barton back. Apparently he was "atrocious" - ok. :lol:

Excellent result.  Watched it on telly.  My thoughts are:

- the midfield played too deep imo.......not enough link up play between midfield and strikers......Emre needed to get up in support of Martins and Owen....too often it was 2 vs 4

- too many long balls to 2 little strikers.....with the exception of Martins' goal, this tactic didn't work

- we started coasting at 2-0 and paid for it dearly.  Having said that, they didn't look likely to score

- thank god Dawson was playing, he was terrible

- staggered Berbatov didn't start, apart from the goal we handled Bent easily

All in all not a fluent performance but happy with 3 points

They've all resorted to slagging off our atmosphere.  It was better tonight than what they were like when i went to white heart lane, and they were quieter than we were when i went there - and we lost then and were at the bottom of the souness days while they were heading for CL.

They've all resorted to slagging off our atmosphere.  It was better tonight than what they were like when i went to white heart lane, and they were quieter than we were when i went there - and we lost then and were at the bottom of the souness days while they were heading for CL.

Can't really say for certain as I watched the game on the telly, but it sounded to me like it did against Everton (I was there then) - like we got behind the team more after conceding. Which is pretty good imo.

Can't really say for certain as I watched the game on the telly, but it sounded to me like it did against Everton (I was there then) - like we got behind the team more after conceding. Which is pretty good imo.

It wasn't brilliant or anything, but nor was it terrible - like most premiership home crowds - had a bit of a good toon toon going on for a while.  They're meant to be the vocal away crowd, and for such a silent ground, i never heard them all night.

Not that i care. 3-1

Watching the Milner goal back on World, I think it's a really good goal from our perspective.

Some nice little passing in midfield, a lovely threaded ball by Barton, a perfectly weighted ball down the line by Enrique, a decent cross by Oba towards Owen/Geremi that caused problems, an even better ball in after that by Enrique again, followed by a quality finish by Milner after an initial slash at it. We kept the pressure on well, and produced some good stuff.

Guest Ridzuan

I think we played well overall.Scored 3 fantastic goals with almost all of them coming at the expense of the Spurs lapse in defence but we were at fault too for their goal.Fortunately for us,we scored another goal and managed to win the match.Glad to see Barton finally playing for us.We have continued our good home form and now lets do the same on the road starting with Reading this weekend and I hope to see Viduka back.