Souness to Ireland?

Decky

Finding themselves in same situation as we where when we sacked SBR (a little later in the season but not much) unless you have someone lined up its hard to attract a quality manager.

Gartside will also be finding himself between a rock and a hard place due to all he had to say when Sam came here........does he try to poach a under contract manager from another club after all he said.

Maybe expected too much to soon from Little Sam, who after all was Allardyces choice of successor, was he made to try and change to quickly the style of play which had served them well under Sam.

Another name ive heard mentioned is Peter Reid if Players where not happy with Sammy Lee hardly going to fill them with excitement that one

Loved the 'proper' football club comment from dickhead.

He's also took himself out of the running, saying that Megson's agent was present and he didn't know it was him until after the interview. Since he's not heard back at all from Bolton he's pulled out.

I reckon he's desperate for the job and is trying to force their hands.

ABDOULAYE Meite has pinpointed the man who could lead Wanderers out of their current crisis - Sam Allardyce.

The Wanderers defender says the Whites need either their old boss or the Messiah to stop the slide.

Defeat at Arsenal on Saturday left Wanderers rock bottom of the Premier League after a demoralising run of six league games without a win.

Meite, who said he understands why Nicolas Anelka is questioning his position at Bolton, admitted: "We can't find a solution.

"Maybe the only solution would be the return of Allardyce. But it is impossible. Or maybe the messiah!

"We have to find a solution very quickly because we are sinking.

"Today we are going down and down.

"We defend, we defend but can't do it for 90 minutes and we are obliged to crack.

"We can't continue to play like that.

"The coach (Sammy Lee) had the intention to play football, but it is difficult to do it at Bolton. It is worrying."

Anelka is the subject of reports linking him with a £12.5million move to AC Milan, and Meite added: "Nicolas Anelka would be a huge loss for the club. But I understand him.

"We can't give him good balls. The passes go over his head. He is asking himself questions and it is normal."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/display.var.1778424.0..php

Guest Mucky01

Gartside revealed on Tuesday that former Rangers, Liverpool, Blackburn and Newcastle manager Souness would not be the man to take over at the Reebok Stadium.

He said: "Graeme Souness was a candidate on our target list and he has now decided to remove himself from the interview process.

"Having interviewed him last week, I know he would have been an exceptional candidate for the role.

"However, I respect Graeme's decision to pull out of the process and I wish him well for the future."

Souness knocked them back - unbelievable. Surprised they would even consider him! Boumsong, et al!

Gartside revealed on Tuesday that former Rangers, Liverpool, Blackburn and Newcastle manager Souness would not be the man to take over at the Reebok Stadium.

He said: "Graeme Souness was a candidate on our target list and he has now decided to remove himself from the interview process.

"Having interviewed him last week, I know he would have been an exceptional candidate for the role.

"However, I respect Graeme's decision to pull out of the process and I wish him well for the future."

Souness knocked them back - unbelievable. Surprised they would even consider him! Boumsong, et al!

probably wasn't enough money for him and his cronies to waste on sub-standard journeymen.

Short term, Souness would had been a good appointment actually.

Yes, he was shit here, but he has a good survivalist mentality, will rub some battle attitude off on their players.

Very similar to the job he succeeded at doing for Southampton.

Guest Mucky01

at a push I can just about see your point for the short term but as Souness applied for the job it must be lack of money (as DiscoDes stated), and if Gartside is daft enough to rate Souness (who is a good talker of the game) he must know that he would not be able to get away with offering a short term contract.

Guest optimistic nit

Souness has hardly 'failed consistently'. He's won a lot of stuff in his time.

mainly in scotland. his biggest job to date showed just how inept he was/is.

Rangers - trophies.

Liverpool - trophies.

Portugal - trophies.

Blackburn - trophies and promotions.

Newcastle - fucked up big-time.

Never a brilliant manager and utterly hopeless here, but he hasn't 'failed consistently'.

Rangers- loved

Liverpool- hated

blackburn- hated

Newcastle- hated

tbh

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7066392.stm

Souness interested in Ireland job

Former Newcastle and Rangers manager Graeme Souness has said he would think seriously about any offer to take charge of the Republic of Ireland.

"If I was offered the Ireland job, I would be very interested," Souness told the Irish Daily Star.

"Why wouldn't any manager be keen on leading such a great country's football team, working with a squad which I believe has a lot of potential?"

The position became available after Steve Staunton was sacked last week.

Souness, who also been in charge at Liverpool, was last in management at Newcastle but was sacked in February 2006 18 months after taking the position at St James' Park.

Since then he has worked as a football pundit for English and Irish broadcasters.

And the 54-year-old had reservations whether Irish people would welcome a former Rangers boss.

There has been speculation that Terry Venables, currently number two to England boss Steve McClaren, could also be eyeing the Irish role.

The Republic's Under-21 boss Don Givens has taken temporary charge of the senior side.

He is expected to be in control for just one match - the final Euro 2008 qualifier away to Wales on 17 November.

The new boss would then take over ahead of Ireland's friendly at home to Brazil in February.

Thoughts Shak? :lol:

Thoughts Shak? im Irish aswell and id be fucking GUTTED if this happened!!!! Seriously what a fucking nightmare!

Souness does the football on Irish TV as a pundit aswell :( thats bad enough.

That is horrific news on a 9/11 scale.