Reading pre match thread

NSG

Would be tempted to go same again, no point rushing Barton straight back into the line up, and you shouldn't change a winning team in these circumstances. Maybe Smith replacing Shola on the bench, presuming Viduka isn't fit.

I know it's said all the time, but this match is massive for us IMO. We need to improve our away form to build on the home form. No point having back to back home wins if we throw it all again at duckeggs like Reading.

Plus, Hanemann is by far the worst keeper in the league IMO.

beye is far supirior to taylor at right back...no question about it

i hope we keep a similar team, 

im still suspect about gerami playing wide right, much prefer milner and natural winger getting up and down the wings

Would be disappointed if we didn't pick up 3 points. We have to start winning on't road and build on our good home form. I'd drop Geremi: he's just not doing it for me at the mo. Probably too early to start Barton so I'd give Roz a chance in midfield. At least he can run.

Defensively Reading look rough as fuck at the moment, even if it's been mainly away from home, we should still be looking to go at them. Play the same again imo.

Couldn't agree more, let's hope Sam does also and not play for a point and come home with nothing. :(

Would be disappointed if we didn't pick up 3 points. We have to start winning on't road and build on our good home form. I'd drop Geremi: he's just not doing it for me at the mo. Probably too early to start Barton so I'd give Roz a chance in midfield. At least he can run.

See what you're saying, but would be good to start unchanged. Stop Geremi taking set pieces would be a step forward.

See what you're saying, but would be good to start unchanged. Stop Geremi taking set pieces would be a step forward.

If Big Sam wants to play the same side, I'll be happy, really. It's time opposition teams started worrying about us, rather than constantly tinkering with our formation to counter them.

Guest andynufc84

and drop Martins if Viduka is fit.

Drop someone after they played well and scored, that would be a bit daft.

Viduka is a better player imo

I think if Viduka is fit he has to play or atleast bring him on for the last 30 mins, Its hard choosing who to partner up front with the Duke, Martins had a good game on Monday and scored but Owen is the better striker. I wouldnt rule out Smith and Owen up front.

Defence has to stay the same imo, Unfair on Roz because he hasnt put a foot wrong but Faye and Cacapa have impressed, Full backs basically pick themselves. 

Midfield is a tough 1 because Butt's away form hasnt been that good and Emre aint the best on the road, The only sure starter would be Zoggy, Milner needs rest and Barton aint fit enough to start a game on all in all i'd go for the same midfield as on monday lol

I think we played alright yesterday because we lined up with a balanced side, everyone knew their positions. Butt and Emre has nearly always given us balance when they've played together. Emre faded second half (it was his first start in ages) but he was very good in the first half and helps us play on the front foot. The idea of playing a team of battlers away from home is not the most sensible, it's cost us in the past and we really need to try and outplay teams like Reading if we're going to come away with something. We're not going to Old Trafford here.

I would go same again, the only changes I would consider would be Milner for Geremi and Viduka for one of the front two.

should keep oba owen for the pace

readings defence is shite this season and we will torture them with the two little men upfront

basically just the same side as last night and dont bring smith back in! maybe barton to start for geremi if sam would do that with his captain...