Reading 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 27/10/07 - Post match reaction from page 10

James

Well we've managed to come in at halftime at 0 - 0.

Let's see if Sam can tweak things a bit and get us going. I always feel Butt is the main problem. As a defensive midfielder he doesn't do enough. He needs to be able to get the ball off the defenders and get us playing. A skill he seemingly doesn't posess.

I would love to see Rozehnal groomed to take over from Butt in that position.

Pretty standard away day performance. No width, no incisive attacking threat. Endless crosses/long balls to two midget strikers. Comical defending that should have seen us 3-0 down by now. Yay. I almost had a heart attack with that Cacapa/Given fuck up. Like old times.

Pretty standard away day performance. No width, no incisive attacking threat. Endless crosses/long balls to two midget strikers. Comical defending that should have seen us 3-0 down by now. Yay. I almost had a heart attack with that Cacapa/Given fuck up. Like old times.

Careful, you almost sound disappointed.

Let's see if Sam can tweak things a bit and get us going. I always feel Butt is the main problem. As a defensive midfielder he doesn't do enough. He needs to be able to get the ball off the defenders and get us playing. A skill he seemingly doesn't posess.

Butt seems almost asleep. His lack of passing is a problem.

Butt seems almost asleep. His lack of passing is a problem.

Always the same with him when we play away.