Weekend's other games

Dave

1 man up front against Bolton, for fuck's sake.

No right back and Mellberg getting bummed in the face every time they come down that side.

Rubbish.

Brummie,

Been meaning to ask you for a while.............what do you make of Bouma?

I thought he looked shaky first month but since then he looks a solid, if unspectacular defender.

No right back and Mellberg getting bummed in the face every time they come down that side.

Rubbish.

Tyler: 'One on one against the hapless Mellberg who's being run ragged'

That's mine btw. ;)

Rubbish.

Brummie,

Been meaning to ask you for a while.............what do you make of Bouma?

I thought he looked shaky first month but since then he looks a solid, if unspectacular defender.

Awful in his first season, transformed by MON, does a solid job.

The problem is, everyone goes down our right side, as they know Mellberg is fucking gash there.

Does anyone who watches Bolton much know what kind of positions Anelka usually takes up for them? When I see him he's always floating all over the final third, like Henry did.

If we got him, who would we pair him with, and how?

Saying it for the last couple of years get Anelka in......get shot of Shola..if we can???

I'd rather get rid of Owen and bring in Anelka.

I thought they looked very good together at 'Pool. If he was coming at another fwds expense I'd be inclined to call time on Shola's NUFC career.

If we signed Anelka we'd have two big strong players in Duke & Anelka and two little fellas to play off them. Plus we'd have the 'what the fucks he gonna do next' factor with Martins too.

Shola's not a great finisher, not a great header of the ball for a big lad and his hold up play is inconsistent.

I don't think we'd be able to keep Owen, Anelka, Viduka, Martins and Smith all happy. In fact it'd be impossible without regular Champions League games.

Thats a fair point. You'd have to think we'd play 4-3-3 both home and away with Viduka coming off the bench. IMO.

Does anyone who watches Bolton much know what kind of positions Anelka usually takes up for them? When I see him he's always floating all over the final third, like Henry did.

Owen would be my choice. Anelka is very good at pulling def out of position with his floating out to the left and such...Ideal to create doubts and space for Owen to thrive on.

Imo SA tried his hardest to get rid of one of the two (Owen/Martins) with all his repeatedly bleeting about get out clauses and such. Anelka's mobility is what really got the 433 at Bolton working.

Just me who thinks Gareth Barry has gone all Michael Owen lately? England form > Villa form?

Nope, you and most Villa fans.

Not had a good game for us since his first match in this spell for England.

hes looked s**** again today

i used to love watching him play

pretty crap game in the first half

happy that bolton are winning to stop villa from catching us and bolton to catch the mackems

lets hope derby can grab a point, 1-0 everton

MIKEL ARTETA

Owen would be my choice. Anelka is very good at pulling def out of position with his floating out to the left and such...Ideal to create doubts and space for Owen to thrive on.

Imo SA tried his hardest to get rid of one of the two (Owen/Martins) with all his repeatedly bleeting about get out clauses and such. Anelka's mobility is what really got the 433 at Bolton working.

They had success with that formation before Anelka went there though.

1446: GOAL Bolton 1-1 Aston Villa

Villa catch Bolton napping with a throw-in on the right and Gabriel Agbonlahor is free. He arrows into the box and spears a shot on goal which Luke Moore chests beyond Jussi Jaaskalainen at the near post.

Suppose we'll need to open up a new thread for the Spuds-Blackburn match...when all their fans come on here.

More like because our lot seem obsessed with them.

Nearly as bad as the Mackems are with us on the SMB tbh.