Most disappointing match you've ever attended?

NSG

I've not been to many of the disasterous matches we've had, like the Chelsea semi, the Cup finals, Lisbon, Marseille, 96 season etc, so i'd have to say the Man U semi. What's been your most gutting match you've ever been to?

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Sunderland 2-1 at SJP in the rain.  I was only a bairn as well.  Either that or the Man U semi.  Remember a really boring 0-0 at West Brom a few years back as well.  Worst NUFC game I've ever been to, don't think either side had a single shot the entire match.

Sunderland 2-1 at SJP in the rain.  I was only a bairn as well.  Either that or the Man U semi.  Remember a really boring 0-0 at West Brom a few years back as well.  Worst NUFC game I've ever been to, don't think either side had a single shot the entire match.

I remember it! I watched it in the house, was looking forward to it as i thought we would have a comfortable game, i actually fell asleep!

Saying as i'm only nearly 15 this month, i haven't really been to the depressing matches like Wembley 98 and 99 etc...

But the most disappointing for me would have to be the Semi-Final defeat in Cardiff.

Sunderland at home 1-2 ( Shearer missed pen ) on my BIRTHDAY. ( One of my first ever games also, can't really remember that much but it was tossing down and my dad had me on his shoulders on the way out )

Also games that are up there include Fulham at Home for some reason ( 1-4 )

Villa at home ( 1-3 ? Taylor Bowyer Dyer sent off )

And no doubt in many years to come i will suffer much worse

Ruel Fox's debut at Selhurst Park against Wimbledon where we lost 4-1 or 4-2.We were wank especially Hooper in goal.Dunno the score, we'd fucked off at 80 mins and we scored late on,Pedro i think.Also Alzheimers fuelled by beer doesn't help matters.Game was circa 1993 or 94.

Has to be the 2-0 playoff defeat at home to Sunderland in 1990. Devastated and as low as I've ever felt as a Newcastle supporter. Mind, the loss to Partizan Belgrade on pens, in the CL qualifier doesn't come far behind.

The mackem defeat still rankles with me.

Has to be the 2-0 playoff defeat at home to Sunderland in 1990. Devastated and as low as I've ever felt as a Newcastle supporter. Mind, the loss to Partizan Belgrade on pens, in the CL qualifier doesn't come far behind.

The mackem defeat still rankles with me.

Yup - I was in 'The Corner' that night, stood towards the back. When all the knackers ran onto the pitch from down the front, it was pretty much game over. Me and my pals left at that point. It was a long bus journey back home to Bedlington.

aye and getting beat at home off brighton (who wore pink/white striped shorts) the season we nearly went down...i honestly thought we were down then.

Newcastle 1 Sunderland 4 takes some beating. Still, its the Semi final at Wembley, mainly xos we were looking more likely to win it and their fans were shockingly shit that day,

Newcastle 1 Sunderland 4 takes some beating.

How long ago was that?

Proper dreby as Souness would say. Either could have won it. Both reserve sides would give either of those first teams a run for their money nowadays. = both shit sides. Very volatile atmosphere. Glad those days are gone tbh. Better atmosphere then, no petrol bombs now! Always remember Forest in 79 up here, worst violence during a game i have witnessed first hand (close up, i mean) and it was in the paddock( East  stand where they sometimes put the away fans for some resson). Bloody horrific. Sure there has been worse - there was some shocking stuff from a distance i have seen in the early 70s in the Gallowgate and Leazes. Anyway, awful day and even worse than anything like they felt when we hammered them two seasons ago, no idea why I say thay but sure it was harsher then. Maybe I'm just being a bitter old twat.

Newcastle 1 Sunderland 4 takes some beating.

How long ago was that?

Proper dreby as Souness would say. Either could have won it. Both reserve sides would give either of those first teams a run for their money nowadays. = both s*** sides. Very volatile atmosphere. Glad those days are gone tbh. Better atmosphere then, no petrol bombs now! Always remember Forest in 79 up here, worst violence during a game i have witnessed first hand (close up, i mean) and it was in the paddock( East  stand where they sometimes put the away fans for some resson). Bloody horrific. Sure there has been worse - there was some shocking stuff from a distance i have seen in the early 70s in the Gallowgate and Leazes. Anyway, awful day and even worse than anything like they felt when we hammered them two seasons ago, no idea why I say thay but sure it was harsher then. Maybe I'm just being a bitter old t***.

different world then, when we first got relegated the sheff wed and leeds game were always quite nasty.

i think the forest game you mentioned was the first time we'd played them since the 74' riot and there was a good bit ill feeling. didn't help they were on their way to the championship and we were going down but we played well....down there were murdered them and got beat.