Cacapa - Legend to Boumsong in 11 minutes...

Cajun

Guest Deep456

I think I've figured out why Cacapa has "mistake prone" on FIFA now.

It's just frightening, he's usually so solid, but every once in a while today seems to happen.

Bramble?

I think I've figured out why Cacapa has "mistake prone" on FIFA now.

It's just frightening, he's usually so solid, but every once in a while today seems to happen.

Bramble?

In bramble's case, he's usually like cacapa was today, but every once in a while he seems to be solid.

Guest SeattleToon

Here are some defensive statistics to ponder over....I compiled them during the last twenty minutes of the match, after Pompey scored their 4th goal. Stats only include time spent playing as a defender, and are goals allowed per 90 minutes when that player has been on the pitch.

Carr - .49

Zoggy - 1.11

Rozehnal - 1.38

Taylor - 1.45

Ramage - 1.61

Cacapa - 1.70

Beye - 1.73

Enrique - 2.25

Faye - 2.31

Interestingly, this reveals that Zoggy has actually been a more effective left back than Enrique and that Rozehnal-Taylor is a more effective center back partnership than Cacapa-Faye.

Probably our most effective defensive formation would be Zoggy-Rozehnal-Taylor-Beye, but even then we'd probably still concede over a goal a game.

Here are some defensive statistics to ponder over....I compiled them during the last twenty minutes of the match, after Pompey scored their 4th goal. Stats only include time spent playing as a defender, and are goals allowed per 90 minutes when that player has been on the pitch.

Carr - .49

Zoggy - 1.11

Rozehnal - 1.38

Taylor - 1.45

Ramage - 1.61

Cacapa - 1.70

Beye - 1.73

Enrique - 2.25

Faye - 2.31

Interestingly, this reveals that Zoggy has actually been a more effective left back than Enrique and that Rozehnal-Taylor is a more effective center back partnership than Cacapa-Faye.

Probably our most effective defensive formation would be Zoggy-Rozehnal-Taylor-Beye, but even then we'd probably still concede over a goal a game.

Completely unrelated to your point, but I've always found it fascinating how Americans tend to pay so much attention to statistics in their sports, while the British couldn't give a toss about stats.

Was watching an MLS game once and was flabbergasted by the amount of statistics that was being discussed.. Shots on goals per game, GK save % etc... It was just a completely different way of looking at the game.

I wonder where that difference comes from.

Guest optimistic nit

i dont think cacapa is the type of centre half you drop, and i don't think of his stature should be being outmuscled, and O-Nut imo rozy is just the type of defender you describe as "good against the technical strikers". I also think rozy has been a bit patchy every time i've seen him and certainly not "our best defender". still think he's a really good defender, but he hasn't shone in any game i've seen with him. certainly imo it may need to be roz or cacapa, because i've only ever seen him play alongside cacapa and i have not had full confidence in that partnership.

Guest optimistic nit

Carr - .49

Zoggy - 1.11

Rozehnal - 1.38

Taylor - 1.45

Ramage - 1.61

Cacapa - 1.70

Beye - 1.73

Enrique - 2.25

Faye - 2.31

starts mean fuck all in football. it says carr is our best defender does it not?

btw there's no need to start picking up on all the little details such as him being described as "mistake prone". mistake prone does not mean "this player is liable to play absolutely shite once in 10 games" that would be "inconsistant". mistake prone means liable to making mistakes, which is not the same thing. i've seen him make mistakes from time to time when i've been watching him in the games everyone's been saying he's been our "best defender" so i don't really think the fifa phrase means fuck all if he can make those mistakes and still be our best defender.

roz, faye and cacapa are 3 very good centre halves.

It'd show a fucking monstrous amount of faith if Allardyce were to stick with Caçapa against Kenwyne Jones. It'll be Rozehnal and Faye, surely? Especially after Rozehnal's balance and organisation when he came on today. In reality, we really weren't threatened at all after the first three goals. The Kranjcar free-kick was poor goalkeeping, following some fairly stupid play from Barton in the corner. Goal out of nothing, much like the first.

Guest eyeball_tickler

if there's one positive from this, it's that allardyce has shown again he will make these changes if needed. under roeder and souness, he's have had the full 90.

Guest SeattleToon

Statistics are useful only to the point that they often reveal trends which are not otherwise apparent. Us Yanks use them a lot simply because we are a very number oriented society. I pulled these stats together simply because I was very impressed with the partnership of Rozehnal-Taylor from the early part of the season and was wondering why they had both been benched by Big Sam.

Have you ever thought that the keepers might be the reason for our poor defending. It's keepers job to let the defenders know what's happening and how they should be positioned. Does Shay or Steve do this good enough?

Carr - .49

Zoggy - 1.11

Rozehnal - 1.38

Taylor - 1.45

Ramage - 1.61

Cacapa - 1.70

Beye - 1.73

Enrique - 2.25

Faye - 2.31

does these states make carr our best defender?

Have you ever thought that the keepers might be the reason for our poor defending. It's keepers job to let the defenders know what's happening and how they should be positioned. Does Shay or Steve do this good enough?

There was a point in the game when Enrique could have passed back to Harper (he seemed to signal to him) but Harper didnt react and he passed the ball out of play. Perhaps communication is a problem? I'm sure Cacapa doesnt speak English.

There was a point in the game when Enrique could have passed back to Harper (he seemed to signal to him) but Harper didnt react and he passed the ball out of play. Perhaps communication is a problem? I'm sure Cacapa doesnt speak English.

could be something in this... the best players out the stats  can all speak english

It's a real shame after the solid start he made here. He has got away with a few mistakes in prior games but got found out at Reading and totally humiliated today. I hope he has the mental strength to recover from this, the last thing we need is a confidence player in central defence.

Rozehnal was the only player on the pitch today worthy of the shirt.

I only watched up until the 4th and during that time N'zogbia was playing well.

Ya I agree Zog was good today,thought Faye had a good game when Capaca went off and Taylor was good up till he miskicked the ball into his own net!

I only watched up until the 4th and during that time N'zogbia was playing well.

I thought the problem with N'Zogbia on the right was that he had to cut inside, preventing him from taking on the full back and getting behind their defence. He is our best weapon for getting in behind defenders yet he was put in a position which restricted him from doing this.

Guest ryunufc

They did well enough to put us under pressure and force cacapa to commit the error, quite similar with reading's approach to get their goals only with better players. It as obviously his error but i feel it was also big sam's fault because he did not address this problem, whilst harry had a cup game in midweek and still had time to analyze our weakness in the previous game.