Cacapa - Legend to Boumsong in 11 minutes...

Cajun

Has there been a worse cameo perferomance by a NUFC player ever? It was almost pitiful.  bluelaugh.gif

I've been impressed by the lad so far, but jesus, to say he had a nightmare would be kind on him. He simply cannot play next weekend after such a awful showing.

Not sure, aint seen a replay. But it was embrassing to see such an established player taken out of his misery after such a desperate showing,

Wasnt cacapa playing them on for the 3rd too

sort of. He let Utaka (i think it was him) run in behind him for a one on one with harper.

I know it's a cliché and that guff, but he still needs to adapt to the physical aspect of our league. He's fucking immense at reading the game, but gets bullied off the ball a lot.

Against a more physical striker, I'd take Taylor over Cacapa. I'd have thought that have four centre-backs all with different attributes would be to view the strikers you're playing, and choose the centre-backs based on that. Against Spurs, Cacapa & Faye was the perfect balance against Bent & Keane. Against Portsmouth where their strikers are more physical, Faye & Taylor would have been more suitable for me.

If your a good centre half it does not make a difference who you are playing against ,imho you adapt

so that you get the upper hand and out muscle them .

As some have said one CB should of man-marked Benjani tight. The full backs told to watch out for the wide men in midfield making the front 1 into a front 3 very quickly & pick up the fella coming in from there flank.  The other CB to act as cover.

That's how I would of organised it anyway.

It was interesting to hear how Harry approached the game.

"We need to get into them early and make a good start. We play with an extra man in CM and wanted to dictate in that area. This would force Newcastle to pull a wide man in to the middle and force them to change their tactics. We'd worked on it all the week and it worked like a dream"

The problem seems to me that we don't dictate games and spend too much time worrying about the opposition.  A good, quick, strong, powerful CF would make a difference. I think we are just too light in that area given our style of play

Cacapa is getting some stick but he wasn't the only person to blame for yesterday.  I think it was Faye who made a shocking pass for the second goal but he's got away with it because Cacapa was involved in two of the goals.  Cacapa made two mistakes which were punished, he was just unlucky.  Rozenhal was shocking against Derby but was wasn't punished, now he's the best thing since sliced bread, sometimes it's down to luck if you are punished or not.

I'm sure Cacapa will get over it as long as he's given a chance.  I think when he's been on his game he's been our best defender and reads the game really well, I hope he's not slaughtered for one bad game.  We gave the ball away and were punished for it, we've got to learn to keep the ball and play safe football when we try to get rid of it when we're under pressure.

Cacapa is getting some stick but he wasn't the only person to blame for yesterday.  I think it was Faye who made a shocking pass for the second goal but he's got away with it because Cacapa was involved in two of the goals.  Cacapa made two mistakes which were punished, he was just unlucky.  Rozenhal was shocking against Derby but was wasn't punished, now he's the best thing since sliced bread, sometimes it's down to luck if you are punished or not.

I'm sure Cacapa will get over it as long as he's given a chance.  I think when he's been on his game he's been our best defender and reads the game really well, I hope he's not slaughtered for one bad game.  We gave the ball away and were punished for it, we've got to learn to keep the ball and play safe football when we try to get rid of it when we're under pressure.

Taylor's ridiculous back-header seems to have gone unnoticed.

Guest sittingontheball

He still has to go a long way to match Boumsong. The classic moment was when he did the big airshot and then let Crouch get in the box before hauling him down for a penalty and a red card.

Credit to Benjani for punishing the first mistake yesterday. There was still work to do and he took it well.

He had a mare and was mugged twice, but he is still a cracking CB and I am sure he will recover from this, we cannot blame him for the defeat, the rest of the team had 80 minutes to change the outcome of the game!!

Cacapa just had a shocker really.

Sam Allardyce made the right choice by subbing him, but also gave him a pat on his back, because he knows, as well as all of us, that Cacapa is a very good footballer.

Every player has shockers, this was one of Cacapa's. Unfortunately for him, because of the quality depth we now have in the CB area, he'll find it hard to get his spot back.

Rozehnal - Faye is my preferred pairing all the way.

Did Cacapa actually do anything wrong other than being slower than the younger players he was up against?

It was the organisation of the whole defence that was to blame. Glory-boy Taylor seems to be more interested in bombing upfield than doing his job.

Taylor is NOT a RB though, he does his best to get forward like a fullback shou7ld but its not his game.

Sam dropped Beye for no good reason, it was more about giving Taylor a game, when really Taylor should only be used at CB unless we have no other option for RB.

Cacapa got caught out twice and did not clear the ball when he had the chance, their 1st goal was not his fault though, it was a case of very poor closing down and then an awesome strike.

He is still our best CB but the changes Sam made unsettled the backfour!!

Butt's perfectly weighted lay off for the first goal needs a mention as does Faye's positional sense in the nighmare first 10 minutes.

Faye started the move for their second when he played a bizarre ball under no pressure at all straight to one of their players who immediately set Benjani away. Cacapa still should have had it though. Comedy of errors for the watching Portsmouth/neutral fan.

Butt's perfectly weighted lay off for the first goal needs a mention as does Faye's positional sense in the nighmare first 10 minutes.

Faye started the move for their second when he played a bizarre ball under no pressure at all straight to one of their players who immediately set Benjani away. Cacapa still should have had it though. Comedy of errors for the watching Portsmouth/neutral fan.

I've not seen the replays, didnt even manage to catch them at half time but Faye seemed to be playing just as badly as anyone else.

Just read on the Sunderland pre-match thread that Cacapa should be dropped. I don't see why really. He wasn't physically equipped to deal single-handedly with Pompey, but then it was probably a tactical mistake to play him against such a big, fast side to start with. I doubt he'll have the same problems with Sunderland's attack unless Allardyce has convinced the whole team we need to defend for our lives to avoid a beating. He managed it against Derby so who knows?