Mackems pre match thread

NSG

Any confirmation that this Martins rumour is true then?

Apparently he has been ill all week but was named in the squad originally in case he recovered enough to play and because our back up is one F Ameobi!

All I want to know is, according to who exactly?

2 different sources, both very reliable.

Guest jimmy1982

Getting pretty nervous, but isn't great to have a proper match to look forward to, where some pride and honour is at stake instead of just a UEFA or even Intertoto place? OK tomorrow is going to be an unbearably tense day for the lot of us, but at least it reminds us that at the end of the day we're still supporting our football club and not some monstrous corporate behemoth.

Howay the Toon!

As I mentioned yesterday in the Roeder thread, Norwich are trying to take Shola there on loan. Here's some quotes from the paper

"But while the player - who could well be Shola Ameobi, a former player of Roeder's at St James' Park whose 'identikit' fits the description - may be available in a few weeks' time, that's little use to the City boss, who believes it unlikely he would move to Norwich on a permanent basis.

"I don't think so, he is too good, he is a real Premier League player," he said. "The manager doesn't fancy him, but because he has got a couple of injuries in that position he feels he just has to get those players fit again."

Therefore, it is very possible Martins is ill or whatever, and with Viduka just coming back to fitness and Owen never being that far away from a week off, it all adds up.

If he does play this way he wants fkn shot, and I am dam sure wor fans will let Ashley know about it!!

Emre is totally fkn wasted wide left and Zoggy is dogshite at LB, Barton and Smith in the middle just screams ending up down to 10 men..

Beye-----Taylor-----Faye-----Zoggy

Milner----Barton----Smith----Emre

----------Owen------Viduka

Anyone know the name of the Opera music in the tunnel at SOL??

dance of the nights or summit

Cheers

I'm being a bit nosy like, but any particular reason?

Maybe he needs it for his ringtone cos he's sitting in the home end.  I wouldn't like to be in the midst of tens of thousands of frothing mackems on derby day and have Local Hero start blaring out my pocket.

Anyone know the name of the Opera music in the tunnel at SOL??

dance of the nights or summit

Cheers

I'm being a bit nosy like, but any particular reason?

Maybe he needs it for his ringtone cos he's sitting in the home end.  I wouldn't like to be in the midst of tens of thousands of frothing mackems on derby day and have Local Hero start blaring out my pocket.

Haha no it was on SSN David Craig at SOL playing that music thats all

Absolutely stupid if Martins has been left out the first team again. Owen has done absolutely f*** all whenever he's played lately.

Neither has Martins to be fair.

Every time Owen and Viduka are fit Martins gets dropped, YET Martins is STILL our top goal scorer. He has done more than enough to get starting.

More to the point, is the Black Bull opening early tomorrow so we can have a drink before we go (official, approved, alcohol-free, club-provided Kaliber bus passengers).

this is good because he will now find out what the fans say at away games that you cannot hear from other parts of the ground  :cheesy:

most comments are about: smith; owen; big sam; defence

lets hope we dont go a goal down because people will be furious