Mackems pre match thread

NSG

Since the Barley Mow's demise, where is the place to watch the match in London???? Want to avoid the Sport's Cafe and the like.

That place round the corner from Bond St tube is good. Think its Duke st. Cant remember the name.

Since the Barley Mow's demise, where is the place to watch the match in London???? Want to avoid the Sport's Cafe and the like.

That place round the corner from Bond St tube is good. Think its Duke st. Cant remember the name.

that is the barley mow! don't know anything of its demise, but when i lived down there it was where i watched all the champions league games, 50+ geordies all crammed into a tiny little space, the locals didnt know what hit them.

Guest optimistic nit

don't know where all this viduka rating has come from, considering he was one of our most disliked players about 3 weeks ago. i'm one of his biggest fans, but to suppose that his inclusion will make all the difference and we'll win the derby is fantasy.

don't know where all this viduka rating has come from, considering he was one of our most disliked players about 3 weeks ago. i'm one of his biggest fans, but to suppose that his inclusion will make all the difference and we'll win the derby is fantasy.

Why wouldn't he make a difference?  In fact, I'm willing to go out on limb and say he will be the difference maker on Saturday. 

I don't seem to recall many people hating him. Everytime he has played he has brought an extra dimension to our side.

Guest optimistic nit

I don't seem to recall many people hating him. Everytime he has played he has brought an extra dimension to our side.

aye, the fat dimension. ;)

i recall after the first couple of games up until the boro goal he was called fat, lazy, unfit amoungst other things. of course there all true, but he was certainly the focus of a lot of bashing.

i dont really think he'll make the difference bonk, because he's not the only thing we are lacking. true he's one of only 2 technically gifted players in the side, but we still cant string 4 passes together and we still have very little creativity. he's being built up to be our saviour by some atm, which imo is far from the case, although i do think he's a quality player. if him and zog link up well as they did against west ham iirc then maybe we'll win, but i still think we'll lose with or without viduka.

from nufc.com

Travel - Toon Travel - A message from Keith:

There are now no coaches for the mackem game due to the coach operator cancelling after police pressure insisting we join the convoy at 10.30am.

As a responsible 51 year old adult I would like to go for a pint and then go and support my team, instead of being subjected to modern day big brother bullying tactics.

Please turn up as arranged where a fleet of vans will take us to the game.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

I spose you'll be going on the metro in your kevlar hoody and kitchen knife like the true Geordie hard-man that you are?

Line up 4-4-2 with Zoggy and Milner on the right wings and I say 2-0 to us. We have the ability to open teams up and our strikers are way more clinical than theirs. I reckon we have better players than them, on paper anyhow, in every single position. All of which should lead to a win for us. And a comfortable win because Allardyce will have learnt his lesson about playing for a point and about the needless fiddling around with the midfield.