Mackems pre match thread

NSG

Shit team - utterly shite. Three centre-backs and a winger in defense.

Pray to God that Faye has a good game. If he has a bad one, it'll be incredibly difficult for us to win.

It's a 4-3-3 i reckon. We'll probably drift in and out.

What actually is the bench then? Don't think anyone's posted it up unless i've missed it.

s*** team - utterly s****. Three centre-backs and a winger in defense.

Pray to God that Faye has a good game. If he has a bad one, it'll be incredibly difficult for us to win.

It's a 4-3-3 i reckon. We'll probably drift in and out.

What actually is the bench then? Don't think anyone's posted it up unless i've missed it.

forster, geremi, martins, beye, enrique

Shite team.

Got defeat written all over it.

It's better than thiers.

So?

All the games we lost, we had the better team, we still lost though.

WHY IS SMITH STILL FUCKING PLAYING FOR NUFC.

That's the spirit. :rolleyes:

It is a really negative team. He's up to his old tricks again - sticking players in the wrong positions. We have no width, just bite, which means this is setting up to be a very gritty football game. Whoever wants it most will win this one. I don't think one team will be passing the other team off the pitch with the way we're both set up today. Jesus man, Barton on the right!? Milner on the left?! Fuck me, our hopes lie with Emre and Viduka today. If they can somehow make sure we keep hold of the ball and pressure them, we should be able to nick a goal or two because their defence is shite. However, if not, we're in trouble because we have absolutely no other attacking outlet (except Zoggy but then our defence will be exposed whenever he comes up).

Saying all that, we're still going to win :razz:

So I've got a mate recording the match on SKY+ and I'm hoping to see it later (I've got to go out to the chiropodist for some toenail torture :( you see - but I know it won't be as painful as watching the match ;) ). All I got to do now is just not hear the news or see SSN for the next 2 hours.

Howay the Lads!

1 Craig Gordon (G)

3 Ian Harte (D)

14 Danny Higginbotham (D)

6 Paul McShane (D)

5 Nyron Nosworthy (D)

7 Carlos Edwards (M)

4 Dickson Etuhu (M)

18 Grant Leadbitter (M)

33 Ross Wallace (M)

16 Michael Chopra (S)

17 Kenwyne Jones (S)

So here's their team. Chopra starts then. Look at their defence man, so fucking slow. We should be looking to drive at them right from the off, put them on the backfoot and watch them all fold under the pressure of playing in a derby. Wasn't Nosworthy part of the team which got whooped 4-1? A repeat would be nice :D

I agree. Nowt pisses me off more than managers who try to be clever buggers. It's the old "tactical" thing, which Keegan said he lacked. Complete bollocks. The best tactic is to play your best team, the best players, in their best positions, and have a good balance. Always has been and always will be.

I'm not wanting rid of Allardyce, I wanted him and its far too early, but he's testing the patience of not only me at the moment.

Same here, he's pissing me off by trying to be clever. 

1 Craig Gordon (G)

3 Ian Harte (D)

14 Danny Higginbotham (D)

6 Paul McShane (D)

5 Nyron Nosworthy (D)

7 Carlos Edwards (M)

4 Dickson Etuhu (M)

18 Grant Leadbitter (M)

33 Ross Wallace (M)

16 Michael Chopra (S)

17 Kenwyne Jones (S)

So here's their team. Chopra starts then. Look at their defence man, so fucking slow. We should be looking to drive at them right from the off, put them on the backfoot and watch them all fold under the pressure of playing in a derby. Wasn't Nosworthy part of the team which got whooped 4-1? A repeat would be nice :D

Thank god we've got a pacy midfield and attack then, eh? :D