Not sure why people are in shock. (We must stick with SA).

Parky

I expected the result today and predicted a 2-4 loss.

We have to realise that Pompey are far further down the road in their building than we are and today was really a tin shack against a 6 bed detached. There were other permutations but that is now academic, we have to accept where we are and outside the top4 imo Blackburn, Man City and Pompey are clearly ahead of us. Pomey have a power game and have players who multi-role easily and we don't. They also have a creative MF in Kranjcar who is slotting into the side beautifully after early injury. The Pompey back 4 are solid hence no flim flam and long passes are tolerated and most of our stuff was fly swatting material.

Allardyce I'm totally sure is aware of our limitations and this partly gives a clue to his fears away from home, but doesn't excuse them. Our def is developing understanding and positon sense as a unit, but were overwhelmed today by a strong side with also touches of intelligence about it. The defence is part fixed and now for me anyway the midfield needs working on in the sense that he really needs to make his mind up regarding who plays where and the best formation and stick to it for a run of games regardless of results.

We need to stick with him and get through this period.

I expected the result today and predicted a 2-4 loss.

We have to realise that Pompey are far further down the road in their building than we are and today was really a tin shack against a 6 bed detached. There were other permutations but that is now academic, we have to accept where we are and outside the top4 imo Blackburn, Man City and Pompey are clearly ahead of us. Pomey have a power game and have players who multi-role easily and we don't. They also have a creative MF in Kranjcar who is slotting into the side beautifully after early injury. The Pompey back 4 are solid hence no flim flam and long passes are tolerated and most of our stuff was fly swatting material.

Allardyce I'm totally sure is aware of our limitations and this partly gives a clue to his fears away from home, but doesn't excuse them. Our def is developing understanding and positon sense as a unit, but were overwhelmed today by a strong side with also touches of intelligence about it. The defence is part fixed and now for me anyway the midfield needs working on in the sense that he really needs to make his mind up regarding who plays where and the best formation and stick to it for a run of games regardless of results.

We need to stick with him and get through this period.

I agree, he's the right man imo.

We should be shocked at the result because we are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have loads of money and have the best fans eva like and we have a right to be in the top four. We should automatically leapfrog Everton, Blackburn and Portsmouth because we are Newcastle United. Nothing other than Champions League football is acceptable.

We should be shocked at the result because we are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have loads of money and have the best fans eva like and we have a right to be in the top four. We should automatically leapfrog Everton, Blackburn and Portsmouth because we are Newcastle United. Nothing other than Champions League football is acceptable.

I would be happy to end 6th but I get you point.

I agree as well. The transfer window will be very interesting to see if he has picked up on the lack of pace and creativity, we're crying out for a spark, someone who will come and demand the ball and then be able to use it. I honestly think Sam knows this and think he'll act upon it. Saying this some of his tactics are a little worrying but once again i'm sure he is aware now that certian things don't work. It's been said a billion times before but he is still getting to know the squad and their capabilities.

Guest SeattleToon

I think that while we were all fairly impressed with Big Sam's signings over the summer, the recent run of results does raise legitimate questions about whether or not he was the best man for the job consdiering our ambition.

I would be happy to end 6th but I get you point.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree that we have to stick with him but you have to say that Manchester City hired their new manager at a similar time to us, so them being ahead of us is actually an indictment of our manager rather than just something to shrug the shoulders at (although I realise though that they have spent a lot more money). 

The time to judge is not now but I must say that I'm not convinced that Allardyce will be a success at this club beyond perhaps a league cup or a one-off top 6 finish in a few years.  I hope I'm wrong.

I agree as well. The transfer window will be very interesting to see if he has picked up on the lack of pace and creativity, we're crying out for a spark, someone who will come and demand the ball and then be able to use it. I honestly think Sam knows this and think he'll act upon it. Saying this some of his tactics are a little worrying but once again i'm sure he is aware now that certian things don't work. It's been said a billion times before but he is still getting to know the squad and their capabilities.

That's right but I think it's a problem to get those players because in January we'll be somewere around 12th and those players are probably aiming higher.

Allardyce has to earn the right to keep the fans on his side, so far he hasn't delivered, he hasn't lived up to the hype.  No excuses, we need him to deliver, I'm wondering if his negativity is getting to the players?  We change the way we approach away games and Allardyce blames the players, they lack confidence and I blame the manager for that.

Why are people making excuses for Allardyce?

We've been turned over this season in games we should have won, not because the opposition has better players than us but because of shocking tactics employed by a manager who's looking further and further out of his depth at a bigger club and the expectations that go with it.

Allardyce isn't the man for us and hopefully he'll be replaced at the end of the season with someone better.

At the end of the day mate, it comes down to the fact that we only have a multi-billionaire owner. Way I see it, we need to get this board out and bring in a multi-billion-zillionaire owner if we want to get where we belong.

And frankly, champions league football is barely acceptable either. We are NEWCASTLE UNITED and we are above travelling to places like Moscow or Kiev. Or Barcelona or Milan. I won't be happy until we are so good that UEFA give us an automatic bye into the last 16 every season; which is how it should be. And when I say "happy" I mean "moderately satisfied." And when I say "last 16" I mean "don't bother turning up lads, you win by default for being so amazingly good."

We've been turned over this season in games we should have won, not because the opposition has better players than us but because of shocking tactics employed by a manager who's looking further and further out of his depth at a bigger club and the expectations that go with it.

Allardyce isn't the man for us and hopefully he'll be replaced at the end of the season with someone better.

Agreed, way out of his depth

At the end of the day mate, it comes down to the fact that we only have a multi-billionaire owner. Way I see it, we need to get this board out and bring in a multi-billion-zillionaire owner if we want to get where we belong.

And frankly, champions league football is barely acceptable either. We are NEWCASTLE UNITED and we are above travelling to places like Moscow or Kiev. Or Barcelona or Milan. I won't be happy until we are so good that UEFA give us an automatic bye into the last 16 every season; which is how it should be. And when I say "happy" I mean "moderately satisfied." And when I say "last 16" I mean "don't bother turning up lads, you win by default for being so amazingly good."

I was actually being very sarcastic with me comments. Although its not acceptable getting beat 4-1 today, its absolutely disgraceful that people are writing him of and calling for his head already. He needs a couple of years at least.

What weed are you smoking????Champsleague football is unrealistic for a good while yet!Sadly we are only a big club in terms of our stadium,fanbase,and money we spent stupidly on big names!

Sack him. Pathetic. Three and a bit months in charge and he hasn't even got us in the top four yet.

You said similar things when people rightly pointed out that Taylor and Milner are not that good.

Grow up.

I was actually being very sarcastic with me comments.

That comes as a shock.

I wasn't.

GET A LIFE!!!! :idiot2: :idiot2:

Because we are newcastle united? we havent won a trophy in my life time. what makes you think we should be above certain clubs just because we throw some money at it?

we have no right, we have to fucking earn it.  

Guest optimistic nit

tell you what parky why don't you post one of these threads before a match (e.g. predicting the loss and you respone to the predicted loss). ;)

i think allardyce has made quite a few mistakes so far, but he is a good manager, maybe not great, and he will improve us if he has the time.

Way to have faith in a manager who, in one summer, has completely transformed a thoroughly shite squad, and consequently given us our best start to a Premier League season since Keegan! Yeah, he's got some stuff wrong on matchday, but we're a couple of months in man.