Some snippets about Ashley

GeordieDazzler

Interesting. 

The best way to go about getting a new manager if this is case like.  Would be to allow SA to go for the England job and NUFC go look for a new manager.

This would depend on what happens to McClaren of course.

Why is it so mental to have a target of winning the league in 5 years? A lot can happen in that time. We are a little short of where Chelsea were when Roman took over (with an incumbent manager he soon shipped out) but he bought the title in what, 2 years?

IMO we now have a better infrastructure than Chelsea did back then, so what's the problem with targeting the league?

- He has a deal lined up for a true worldclass trophy signing next summer.

Del Piero I tells ya.

He said world class.

Back then, so was Paul Gascoigne ;)

Not 10 years ago he wasn't.

Guest Beachcomber

" A true Worldclass trophy signing" ( Whatever that means)

FFS not again. I thought that all this shite was flushed away with Shepherd going!

Is it Ronaldinho, or maybe Rooney again. Don't get sucked in.

How many times did we hear we were about to sign a Mr Big?

What we want is a balanced team which can keep clean sheets, create opportunities from midfield with  strikers who can deliver goals.

When the crowd was chanting for Martins on Saturday I said to the bloke next to me that the best striker in the world would make no difference to how we were playing. Big long balls down the middle?

Which 1 player would have made a significant difference on Saturday or at Reading last week?

A true worldclass trophy signing?  In a good team yes. in the present set-up "All fur coat and no Knickers" as they say

FFS not again. I thought that all this s**** was flushed away with Shepherd going!

What we want is a balanced team which can keep clean sheets, create opportunities from midfield with  strikers who can deliver goals.

When the crowd was chanting for Martins on Saturday I said to the bloke next to me that the best striker in the world would make no difference to how we were playing. Big long balls down the middle?

Which 1 player would have made a significant difference on Saturday or at Reading last week?

A true worldclass trophy signing?  In a good team yes. in the present set-up "All fur coat and no Knickers" as they say

Drogba would have dealt with those long balls quite handily actually ...

Maybe we're after him.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

"Off-field there any many problems. Despite it having pretty impressive figures each year, mail order is situated at the back of a dilapidated warehouse in Walker – rented to the club of course by Mr Shepherd’s brother, who allegedly originally bought it for less than the club now pays back per year." - This is from an article written by me way back in Nov 2006.

Read it here.

[/plug]

Guest Andrew Flintoff

we knew about the warehouse a few years before you wrote about it andrewflintoff!

So did I but someone above questioned it

we knew about the warehouse a few years before you wrote about it andrewflintoff!

So did I but someone above questioned it

My reading of it (and I admit I can't be arsed to go back to check so could be wrong) was that they were questioning the amount of the rent, not the existance of the warehouse.

FFS not again. I thought that all this s**** was flushed away with Shepherd going!

ALL TRUE

i don't remember the origianal stating that would be it, only that he has one lined up already (believe that if you want!) but nowhere does it say that is all,maybe he's the only one to be set up now.but i'l tell you what,maybe it's easier to find more to grumble about when we have a poor run and take each snippet only with negativity.

Guest Anders Rye

"We will sever ties with Adidas within 30 months."

We will have this shirt next season too, and after that we will look for at new sponsor, was Ashley connected with Umbro? How does their striped shirts look like now?

"We will sever ties with Adidas within 30 months."

We will have this shirt next season too, and after that we will look for at new sponsor, was Ashley connected with Umbro? How does their striped shirts look like now?

like the mackems

ley...

- He is adamant we will be Premiership Champions within 5 years.

- We will sever ties with Adidas within 30 months.

1. His aim is noble but unrealistic. I just hope he does not go crazy in pursuing this dream

People with that much money don't need to go crazy chasing a dream, if they want it enough they get it, simple as that.  After all he has enough money to buy 10 world class teams..

Some of the stuff is believable, others are just rubbish.

He says we will be premier league champions within 5 years? You can say that Mike, but I don't exactly know how. Even if we manage to build a world class squad, it wont be as good as Chelseas, and whats to say other teams wont improve dramatically as well?

How the hell can you know that  ???  Nobody can possibly be better then Chelsea?, that's why Manure won the title I suppose?...