Steve McClaren

Dave

One thing that has been underestimated IMO is the effect Pardew's attitude had to getting players signed.

Constantly arguing he needed Tomkins and fucking Bent man, whenever options were shown to him, and claiming he didn't know who they were. or if they were good enough.

The man was a disaster for this club. A huge one.

McClaren will be a lot better than Pardew and is a better manager than the reactions on here seem to suggest. He was brave enough to go and have a go in Europe, which most British managers would never do. But he is quite boring and not the adventurous appointment we would ideally like.

TBH I would be surprised if they get him while insisting he can't have his own staff and has to use Carver as his assistant.

If we get McClaren I could really see him do well. I really could.

Quite awful that he is being compared to Pardew.

I don't think it's a case of "if" anymore it's "when". And I think you are being wildly optimistic. Sacked at Wolfsburg, Sacked on return to Twente, Sacked at Championship clubs Forest and Derby County ! That's stellar.

What do you expect Carr to do? He's go this own job of getting good players in, which he will feel he has been doing, while the managers have made them look bad.

Of course he's going to want to work with someone he knows and can have discussions about how to maximize the potential of the players being brought in.

Ultimately things will work best if Carr and the manager are on the same page to be honest.

Not when this arsehole is the manager it doesn't.

What makes Carr this "super" scout ? because we got a bargain in Cabaye, brought in Sissoko on the cheap before his contract ran down and a few promising youngsters in Haidara and Perez ? There's really not much else of note on his resume, remember the team he's helped to build has finished 16th, 10th and 15th in the last 3 season (under awful management but still there has been an acknowledgment that the squad has simply not been good enough). Is this really better than the scouting they have at clubs like Southampton, Swansea, Crystal Palace or any other club that finished way above us last year.

"Jobs for the boys" very rarely if ever works.

Carr isn't going anywhere though, so you might as well bring in someone that will work with him, surely?!

IMO Carr has done a good job getting players in, and it's a damn shame they haven't been used properly for the most part.

A chief scout is far less important than a good manager.  If needs be peddle him and get a chief scout in who is willing to work for the good of the club rather than getting his mates a job.

Absolutely, madness having a structure where the manager has to get on with the chief scout in order to be in consideration for the role.

The whole thing stinks.  Can you imagine Arsenal or Liverpool being ran like this?  It's a fucking joke and it's about time we did something about it.  If you give one single penny to this club then you're part of the problem.  If you go to a home game, you're part of the problem, if you buy official merchandise you're part of the problem, if any item of clothing you own has a big fucking WONGA sticker on it you're part of the problem.

This bilious maggot thrives on the money it sucks from our somnolent veins and it's time to kill it.  Fire and brimstone and scorch the earth if we have to, drive the pestilence out.

McClaren will be a lot better than Pardew and is a better manager than the reactions on here seem to suggest. He was brave enough to go and have a go in Europe, which most British managers would never do. But he is quite boring and not the adventurous appointment we would ideally like.

TBH I would be surprised if they get him while insisting he can't have his own staff and has to use Carver as his assistant.

He's not who I wanted but it's not the worst appointment we could make. I mean he is an actual manager which is more than can be said for the last four appointments we've made. I think people are going way over the top in dismissing McClaren out of hand. Under this regime it's probably as good as it's going to get.

He's not who I wanted but it's not the worst appointment we could make. I mean he is an actual manager which is more than can be said for the last four appointments we've made. I think people are going way over the top in dismissing McClaren out of hand. Under this regime it's probably as good as it's going to get.

Dismissing McClaren is what his last 4 employers have done.

Under this regime it's probably as good as it's going to get.

Why?

And why should we accept that?

I'm not saying we have to accept it. But 50,000 will next season no matter what we say here. Unless Ashley makes a monumental howler and puts Carver in charge most fans will be placated with McClaren and a couple of signings. Ashley will have bought himself another season at worst.

McClaren arguably failed in his last four jobs, none as big as this one. It could be worse aye, but we should aim a whole lot higher, both for where this club should be and for what Mike Ashley said he wanted for the club as recently as 10 days ago.

Whoever it is, its 9 days since the end of the season and with a decision seemingly still days away, we should hurry to fook up! Pre-season starts in a month (or so) and the new person will need as much time as possible to prepare.

Cannot believe they have not made a statement on Carver (which in itself is pretty worrying) or their intentions about the role. We had plenty of time to work out the what if scenarios (before the season ended) and Carver had enough time to prove he is not up to it.  So, we were either looking for a championship coach or premiership coach. Cannot believe an agreed target list was not in place and they are well on to it or worse still we have confirmed Carver.

We are apparently going to make our own luck now, well as thing stands their does not seem to be too much urgency!

Let's stop accepting mediocrity because it's slightly less bad than the shit we were fed before.

We are one of the biggest clubs in england.  We've won four championships and six FA cups.  We are in the top twenty richest clubs in Europe.  We've played in europe and beaten the likes of Barcelona and won a trophy doing it.  We are one of the best supported clubs in the country averaging 50k a game which is only limited by the size of the stadium and the owner.  We challenged for the title, we challenged for cups, we terrorised and entertained europe.

This coma is not what NUFC is, we have to demand better.

I know we've all been joking about 'it's going to be Carver', but I never actually thought it was actually going to be Carver. Unreal.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that JC was the plan until the Leicester loss, when it finally dawned on Ashley and Charnley that he might relegate the club. I think even now there is a decent chance they might risk it in the end, especially as other potential candidates turn them and their ridiculous terms down.

Under this regime it's probably as good as it's going to get.

Why?

And why should we accept that?

I'm not saying we have to accept it. But 50,000 will next season no matter what we say here. Unless Ashley makes a monumental howler and puts Carver in charge most fans will be placated with McClaren and a couple of signings. Ashley will have bought himself another season at worst.

Then you have to change their minds.