Steve McClaren

Dave

I think he's a decent enough manager. Should you be aiming higher? Probably. But he'd be a decent appointment and would get you upwardly mobile.

Of course, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things as there's a very distinct ceiling with the current owner.

Guest firetotheworks

The good thing about McClaren is that he's utterly uninspiring as a person and our thick contingent will probably turn on him because they don't like him. I can't see the same people that were asking Pardew to give them a wave doing the same with McClaren. I'd be surprised, even if they are absolute retards.

One of the most depressing things about this is how we are clearly desperate for this average at best fucker to take the job. HE has already turned NUFC down twice, yet we keep coming back to him like he's fucking Guardiola and won't look at anyone else. This is how fucking low NUFC has sunk under Ashley, where we are the last choice for recently sacked Championship manager.

Without a doubt we'll end up with the least inspiring manager of the lower half shite that are currently looking for one in the summer, yet we are the ones that has had since fucking January to find a new one.

Guest firetotheworks

Would you like you be repeatedly kicked in the balls?

No.

The alternative is that you die.

Okay, you can kick me in the balls instead then.

Eventually you're going to choose death.

I choose death.

fin.

One of the most depressing things about this is how we are clearly desperate for this average at best f***er to take the job. HE has already turned NUFC down twice, yet we keep coming back to him like he's f***ing Guardiola and won't look at anyone else. This is how f***ing low NUFC has sunk under Ashley, where we are the last choice for recently sacked Championship manager.

Without a doubt we'll end up with the least inspiring manager of the lower half s**** that are currently looking for one in the summer, yet we are the ones that has had since f***ing January to find a new one.

:thup:

I cannot wait to see us splash the cash this summer too. All hail the new enlightened Mike Ashley era.

I haven't really paid much attention to McClaren's club sides, but I get the impression his sides play on the deck but probably quite defensive. No one really knows what style of football is his trademark which probably says a lot. Nondescript.

@Kazuki

The 19th richest club in the world with a global fanbase and a 1 city club that brings over 50,000 fans through the gates each week should realistically expect to be challenging the top 6 every season, they should realistically expect to appoint a credible manager with a proven track record to take the club forward, not just stagnate in the same miserable position year after year. They should be expected to sign a decent calibre of players to take the football club forward for a decent price and pay them realistic wages considering the amount of money they make commercially (60m TV money + sponsors merchandise + gate reciepts etc) which is rising year-on-year. They should be able to challenge for trophies such as the FA Cup and Carling Cup where teams far below us in terms of finances, club size and standard of players have succeeded in either winning the cups or making it to the final in recent years.

Realistically, THAT is what we should expect. Under Ashley it will never happen. There is a huge line between what is realistic and what Ashley wants to make us think is realistic.

@Kazuki

The 19th richest club in the world with a global fanbase and a 1 city club that brings over 50,000 fans through the gates each week should realistically expect to be challenging the top 6 every season, they should realistically expect to appoint a credible manager with a proven track record to take the club forward, not just stagnate in the same miserable position year after year. They should be expected to sign a decent calibre of players to take the football club forward for a decent price and pay them realistic wages considering the amount of money they make commercially (60m TV money + sponsors merchandise + gate reciepts etc) which is rising year-on-year. They should be able to challenge for trophies such as the FA Cup and Carling Cup where teams far below us in terms of finances, club size and standard of players have succeeded in either winning the cups or making it to the final in recent years.

Realistically, THAT is what we should expect. Under Ashley it will never happen. There is a huge line between what is realistic and what Ashley wants to make us think is realistic.

Very well said  :clap:

If he brings about an improvement to our general day to day training and running of the team at the training ground and a bit of experienced professionalism, then I think that's the best we can hope for. After however many years of what I can imagine to be fucking lunacy with regards to general training and organisation, I think he will at least be a good influence in that respect. Of course I'd rather we hired a progressive manager who brought in a head coach who did this so we could have the best of both worlds, that'd be preferable, but it's not going to happen.

He'll get us to mid table and we will get a bit further in the cups. That's it, like. It's the AshleyOut campaign that needs our attention, not who's going to be the next manager. My worst fear is McClaren coming in will pacify quite a decent section of our support for a bit and cause people to turn away from AshleyOut and moan about those who pursue it. He'll get another couple of years of relative peace as owner with McClaren.

I'd prefer Carver because he'll be gone next season when we are 15 points adrift at the bottom.

McClaren would be years of nothing.

Don't understand this. When Carver would be sacked, of course we wouldn't appoint a great manager, we would appoint McClaren or someone of his ilk. As long as Ashley is here, we won't see an inspiring appointment, period.

Guest Roger Kint

Surely the most important question is 'does Lee Ryder approve of this appointment' after all social media opinion is irrelevant according to him....

Imagine we start next season with Williamson/Colo stinking up our defence again under this clown :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

@Kazuki

Nicely put.

Guest Roger Kint

@Kazuki

Very well said  :clap:

I'd prefer Carver because he'll be gone next season when we are 15 points adrift at the bottom.

Don't understand this. When Carver would be sacked, of course we wouldn't appoint a great manager, we would appoint McClaren or someone of his ilk. As long as Ashley is here, we won't see an inspiring appointment, period.

The longer Carver is in charge the more irate our fans will become, I mean we staged a highly successful boycott against the board a couple of months back because of how hilariously inept he is. We appoint McClaren and we're back to supporting the team not the regime, whatever the fuck that means.

@Kazuki

I don't doubt that whatsoever! I said myself that with Ashley in charge what's the best we can hope for?

You saw Ashley's interview man, he's going nowhere. He's not going to go out and get a top manager when it's going to cost so much, but McClaren is the best we could expect in our current situation.

All I'm doing is trying to NOT make the next few years as painful as the last. For those fans who say "I'm done" and suggest they'll leave NUFC behind, they can't, it's not possible. So even TRYING to make the best of the fucking shite we've found ourselves in, is all we have.

Protests, walkouts, boycotts - I've supported them all - but they mean fuck all without a buyer.

Under Ashley we're going nowhere fast. But I'd rather we did that with someone like McClaren in charge then someone like Carver or Pardew, that's for damn sure.

If we had a wealthy owner who bought us and wanted to challenge at the top of the table and we hired McClaren, I'd be fucking livid. We don't.

Call it accepting Ashley, or accuse me of having lowered expectations - it's the only way I'll get any joy out of football in the forseeable future.

Guest firetotheworks

McClaren is basically Pardew without the charisma to even attempt to be a cunt. He'll just be a shit manager and that's not enough to get the 'support the team, not the regime' people onside. They'll happily plod along in their purgatory-marketed-as-heaven state.

@Kazuki

Call it accepting Ashley, or accuse me of having lowered expectations

Yep, you're a scab.

I guess it comes down to what you want. Do you want to be able to support your football team or do you want the club to crash and burn? I prefer the former, as my view is that Ashley will be here for as long as he wants to. He will fuck off one day, and then I'd prefer to be in the PL rather than League 1.

That's my exact point, if Carver was manager we would eventually get relegated and thus increasing the likelihood of the club being sold and starting anew.

If McClaren is given the job it will be just making up the numbers every year and nothing will change.