Steve McClaren

Dave

Fucking predictable. What the fuck do we want a manager that has just been sacked in championship for. Average English manager with no innovation or different ideas. He will be unbearable within a month

I was with PV the last few days but in terms of qualification SM is better than what we hire since Sir Bobby.

Souness probably was tbh.

Are you serious Sourness better than McClaren?

His record probably states so, yes.

Incidentally, cannot wait to hear his fucking borrrrrring tone when describing another 1-2 defeat in the middle of a dreary winter relegation battle.

For any normal club this would be a massive missed opportunity. For us, it's business as usual.

Taking on a bloke who was sacked by Derby County and who has spurned our advances twice in sixth months. 3rd time lucky, eh?

Telling everyone that the lads were magnificent.

Not happy about McClaren but also at the same time satisfied that the fat cunt didn't go for someone like Carver or Kinnear.

One thing, though, that I'm worried about SM: His inability to halt Derby's bad run towards "the end" of the season, when he was linked with us. Didn't look like he could handle the pressure, tbh.

This si probably my most cliche post. But I told you guys nothing had changed the day Pardew left. Now look at us, a marginally better appointment that will do a marginally better job at mediocrity.

Did anyone expect otherwise?

It's about forcing them all out until there is actual change.

Souness won trophies at every club he had joined. I clutched at those straws when he was appointed.

The only straw i've got with  McClaren is.....

The League Cup with Boro  :suicide:

I know, I know - the Dutch title. Whatever

Guest Roger Kint

I was with PV the last few days but in terms of qualification SM is better than what we hire since Sir Bobby.

Souness probably was tbh.

Are you serious Sourness better than McClaren?

I'm saying 'qualification' wise.

You cant expect Ethi to understand your point, its not like he said it the word 'qualification' in the first place :lol:

I would have taken him after Pardew but now it's just a statement of more of the same. This appointment, if it comes off, tells you everything you need to know. The target for the club is still to remain in the division and nothing more.

Totally underwhelmed by McClaren but not in the slightest bit surprised. I think he's a good coach, very dull, very safe and have doubts that he'll last too long. As many have said, nothing has changed, the big promises that they come out with mean nothing and it'll be business as usual.

Wish I could get excited about following the club but this appointment doesn't allow that. More of the same, plodding on to get enough points to stay up so we can get enough points to stay up so we can get enough points to stay up etc.

We should change our kit colours for impending exiciting blockbuster of next season.

We should go with beige and slightly darker beige stripes with beige shorts n socks. 

Damn exicitng stuff.

Club probably thinking/hoping that after 6 months under Carver, we'll see McClaren as some sort of managerial coup.

I might feel slightly better about Schteve if he manages to bin Carver and Stone as coaches and fetch his own people in.

If he keeps them on, then little or nothing is going to change.

For what it's worth, if anyone isn't suicidal because we didn't get Klopp, Benitez, De Boer or Bielsa, some comments from Derby fans upon hearing he'd left.

Worth a read, especially considering how some of us (myself well and truly included) get pissed when fans of other clubs say "Bet you wish you had Pardew back" or "Pardew's a good manager" etc, who better to judge then the fans of the team the guy has managed:

For two of the most memorable and exciting seasons we've had this century

He rekindled my stale love for DCFC after the constant serving of mediocrity and underachieving from the previous regime and for that I thank him. Yes it turned a bit sour towards the end, but don't all break ups?

Am a bit choked up over this news.  Thanks for the memories Steve, wish you all the best

McClaren has arguably given me the greatest pleasure watching my team in just over 20 years. So for that I can only be grateful.

McClaren's time here was by far the most enjoyable football I've experienced. Gutted that it's had to end like this and without promotion but I'm pleased that the situation has been sorted out quickly. Good luck Steve and thanks for the memories.

Very upset about this decision. Thanks  Mac for beating the gumps 5-0, thanks for taking us to Wembley and thanks for rekindling my love for this great team.

Good luck :(

Minus the two or three months at the end of last season, he did a brilliant job for us. Played some great football under Mac. Disappointed to see we've let him go, a tad harsh for me.

Thanks Steve and best of luck in the future!

changed this club into an interesting one and would have been happy to give him another season

thanks for the memories, last season was the best and most enjoyable I can remember

Wish him all the best

Had the team playing great last season

We're all quick to shoot the guy down because we think we should aim higher, while Ashley's here (and let's be honest it will be for a fucking while) we're not likely to. By the sounds of their fans, they've been playing good football. With the players we've signed over the last few years all we've wanted is someone who can get them to play, and McClaren has managed abroad, he's not your typical British manager, like Pardew for instance. I'm confident that McClaren will play our better players and get them playing well. Who knows how good we could be until he's had half a season or so with them? Time will tell, but to be moaning like fuck already is a bit melodramatic.

Of course it's not inspiring but what should we, realistically, expect?

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele

Steve McClaren is on holiday apparently. No plans to return at moment. Hasn't been offered job but is under consideration after talks #nufc

Probably told to delay his return as long as possible so we can conveniently escape on transfers.