Steve McClaren

Dave

Can actually see Sissoko or Tiote getting it.  I'm really hoping McClaren and the new coaches can get Tiote back to his best or near it.  The way he turns into danger, holds the ball too long etc are all stuff that can pretty easily be coached out of him. Something the incompetent t***s who went before never realised, unsurprisingly.

Don't think he'd strip Colo of it tbh. He'll just wait a season until he goes imo.

Wants away, never speaks, crumbles under pressure, doesn't trust his teammates. Dat choice.

The ugly truth. He only became captain for want of an alternative, and the team has sorely lacked leadership on the field. Trouble is, it would be difficult to hand the role to someone else, whilst Colo is still in the side.

Janmaat all day long, even more so with the ever increasing dutch contingent! As good as Siem or Georginio might be as well Janmaat deserves it IMO.

Colo has been in decline for sometime now and could leave at the end of the season - time to think for the future.  He might even play better with no armband on!

It's a lot easier to strip Coloccini of the armband now than it would have been with Jonas and Enrique here. Depends on Coloccinis standing with the players. You have to take into account he's going to be starting every game when fit too.

From McClarens point of view, I'd let him keep it but then say to the others that they should display leadership also as the captaincy is up for grabs in the near future.

I like the idea of captains who actually have won something and communicate.

McClaren should be looking at this pre season and thinking clearly of who he wants to make the face of this club internally and externally. De Jong and Janmaat stand out for me. If Sissoko didn't have 1 step out the door, I'd throw him in there, but I've got the feeling Wijnaldum will come in and absolutely boss the place too.

Yes, nice that we are looking at signing a captain that just won the league in Wijnaldum. Pretty cool.

Between him, De Jong and Janmaat we have some strong looking characters.

If we sign one highly rated centre back. I would look to jettison Coloccini immediately. Sick of his silly face.

In all honesty I wish we would sign two top centre backs and rid ourselves of Colo, Willio and Taylor.

He does have to be careful with Colo though, assuming he's our number one CB still.

He hopefully won't be by the end of the window. We absolutely have to get a commanding centre back in, otherwise signings elsewhere won't mean anything.