Steve McClaren

Dave

Colo is an embarrassment out there. I never see him getting fired up or trying to get other players going by just encouraging them. He does nothing that indicates any kind of leadership whatsoever. He's a terrible captain.

There's nee argument for Colo, like. He's quite clearly uncomfortable in a leadership role. Not to mention the fact a captain who is frequently frightened on the pitch doesn't set the right tone for the club.

There is an argument for Colo, implying that he's frightened on the pitch isn't really an argument against it. What does that even mean? How is he frightened? What makes you think he's not a leader? He doesn't point his arms and fist pump like Taylor?

I knew you were pretty stupid, but if you've legitimately watched the last 3 seasons and ask a question like that you need some help.

Frightened - see Lukaku, Fuller, (and more recently) Morgan. Stop wasting people's time with these idiotic posts, man.

He's not captain material, and thats quite clear, but to say he's frightened on the pitch is idiotic tbh.

There's nee argument for Colo, like. He's quite clearly uncomfortable in a leadership role. Not to mention the fact a captain who is frequently frightened on the pitch doesn't set the right tone for the club.

There is an argument for Colo, implying that he's frightened on the pitch isn't really an argument against it. What does that even mean? How is he frightened? What makes you think he's not a leader? He doesn't point his arms and fist pump like Taylor?

I knew you were pretty stupid, but if you've legitimately watched the last 3 seasons and ask a question like that you need some help.

Frightened - see Lukaku, Fuller, (and more recently) Morgan. Stop wasting people's time with these idiotic posts, man.

So by frightened you mean outmuscled. Probably a good reason to buy a big solid centre back then. What have we got as an alternative to Colo presently? The man mountain known as Willo or Steven Taylor who, when fit, spends most of his time rushing to the goal line to act as the secondary keeper.

There really aren't any words to convey how confused, ignorant and just plain dumb you are.

Evidently you don't know the meaning of 'outmuscled' and the most basic of conversations about captaincy and you come in here talking about Taylor and Williamson. If you're not wumming you genuinely have my sympathy.

It's the same shit every time. I can handle the fact he can't keep up with the topics of discussion but implying and projecting an endorsement of Taylor or Williamson because I, along with pretty much everyone else, think Coloccini's a shit captain. The lad must hear voices or something.

It's the same shit every time. I can handle the fact he can't keep up with the topics of discussion but implying and projecting an endorsement of Taylor or Williamson because I, along with pretty much everyone else, think Coloccini's a shit captain. The lad must hear voices or something.

Can't you answer a simple question? I asked who at present is an alternative to Coloccini assuming that Taylor and Williamson would be the natural alternatives. If you've got someone else in mind then go ahead and enlighten us. I suppose there's the right back turned centre back Dummett but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable giving him the job on a long term basis.

TRon is a good dude man. Don't do him like that. He just can't see it the way others do regarding Coloccini.

Colo isn't up to scratch though. He's not someone that inspires confidence at all. And usually when we are under the cosh he tends to go to pieces himself in a bit of a whimper.

If I played centre back and had Willo beside punting balls and the midfielders not tracking runners etc, I would be losing it at folks, or at least having a word with them to buck up their ideas.

Colo does nothing.

I would even consider Krul at the moment, it might up his game and he has been here a while now and has saved us on many an occasion. I imagine his teammates will have a bit of respect for him. On the other side, outfield players have more influence on their teammates due to proximity...

It's the same s*** every time. I can handle the fact he can't keep up with the topics of discussion but implying and projecting an endorsement of Taylor or Williamson because I, along with pretty much everyone else, think Coloccini's a s*** captain. The lad must hear voices or something.

Can't you answer a simple question? I asked who at present is an alternative to Coloccini assuming that Taylor and Williamson would be the natural alternatives. If you've got someone else in mind then go ahead and enlighten us. I suppose there's the right back turned centre back Dummett but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable giving him the job on a long term basis.

For captain?

Janmaat

De Jong

Krul

Sissoko

Even Colback and Anita ahead of Colo for me.

I would even consider Krul at the moment, it might up his game and he has been here a while now and has saved us on many an occasion. I imagine his teammates will have a bit of respect for him. On the other side, outfield players have more influence on their teammates due to proximity...

Yes, you often see Krul trying to wake his defenders up when their messing up. the guy is a good leader, certainly. Look at what Wijnaldum ahs said since he joined, that Krul has been on him to join the club. Even in interviews you can see Krul speaks with confidence and self assuredness.

Fact is we need at least one big commanding centre back, something we haven't had since Keegan was here. Coloccini can anticipate threat, cover the left back well and play the ball out. But he's not the one who should be going up against someone like Drogba. We don't have anyone like that and it's a glaring weakness which hasn't been addressed.

:facepalm:

I've said in the other thread I want de Jong and Janmaat for captaincy. For the central defence as things stand we badly need signings but I'd reluctantly be playing Lascelles and Dummett.

Fact is we need at least one big commanding centre back, something we haven't had since Keegan was here. Coloccini can anticipate threat, cover the left back well and play the ball out. But he's not the one who should be going up against someone like Drogba. We don't have anyone like that and it's a glaring weakness which hasn't been addressed.

Yes, that's a fair enough comment, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that Coloccini does not seem to inspire confidence in others whatsoever, and so should not be captain.

It's the same s*** every time. I can handle the fact he can't keep up with the topics of discussion but implying and projecting an endorsement of Taylor or Williamson because I, along with pretty much everyone else, think Coloccini's a s*** captain. The lad must hear voices or something.

For captain?

Janmaat

De Jong

Krul

Sissoko

Even Colback and Anita ahead of Colo for me.

For the captaincy I don't really have an opinion since I don't know which player commands respect in the dressing room. That should be for McClaren to decide, he should suss it out quickly enough.

We've got a couple of players in the squad now that have actually led their team to some silverware. It's time to get serious with this and give it to someone who's got the right experience. de Jong might've been out a lot last season, but you can just tell he's the sort of guy that you want to have as a leading example to other players.

I mean Wijnaldum has just come in and already you just see the vibe off him is quality. Speaks well, is well liked, is very open ... you just know leadership when you see it.

Don't know who ever decided to make Colo captain man. I mean I respect the guy's game, but it's probably hurt him being captain if anything. He doesn't carry that responsibility well at all.

What has Colo ever said that has been of an significance. He's just a quiet dude on and off the pitch man.

Just to change the conversation a bit (bored), what would your starting eleven be? and what formation?

#let's all assume we get Mitrovic in and a new robust centre back just to make it a bit more interesting...

----------------------------Krul (cappy)----------------------------

Janmaat----------New def----------Colo-------------Haidara

--------------------------Tiote-------------------------------

Aarons---------Winegum---------Moussa-------Perez

----------------------------mitrovic-----------------------

Subs: fatty, Cisse, Anita, lascelles, Dummet, Cabella

Of the present squad the only stand out I see as captaincy material is Janmaat. Can't really see how you could justify giving the captaincy to anyone else. Coloccini has been on a pretty sharp decline over the past couple of seasons and clearly isn't capable of lifting his team mates on the pitch which is part of the reason we've gone on these ridiculous losing streaks over the past couple of years and automatically lose any game we go 1-0 down in.

Just to change the conversation a bit (bored), what would your starting eleven be? and what formation?

#let's all assume we get Mitrovic in and a new robust centre back just to make it a bit more interesting...

----------------------------Krul (cappy)----------------------------

Janmaat----------New def----------Colo-------------Haidara

--------------------------Tiote-------------------------------

Aarons---------Winegum---------Moussa-------Perez

----------------------------mitrovic-----------------------

Subs: fatty, Cisse, Anita, lascelles, Dummet, Cabella

A fit De Jong should be the first name on the team sheet to be honest.

If we're going to be looking to play more possession football then I want Anita as the anchor to start the season. Coming off that West Ham performance, it's time to give this guy a proper chance in a team that is looking to play to his strengths. If he flops then so be it. But I don't want to see Tiote in there ahead of him. That guy is done man.

As Kanji said De Jong absolutely has to be in there too. He has already had a season off, and so time for him to start doing something. He has a lot of making up to do, for both himself and that brother of his.