Steve McClaren

Dave

Can only assume our dead wood are on are excellent contracts and we can't shift them. Williamson, Gouffran, Obertan etc

It's probably more to do with the fact that nobody else wants them.

Can only assume our dead wood are on are excellent contracts and we can't shift them. Williamson, Gouffran, Obertan etc

It's probably more to do with the fact that nobody else wants them.

surely they have their level somewhere? Ligue 3?

I think we need another centre half, but I don't expect us to get one unless someone leaves. The common consensus seems to be that we need a wide player and a left back for the first team, but I think Haidara and Cabella deserve a chance tbh.

I think we need another centre half, but I don't expect us to get one unless someone leaves. The common consensus seems to be that we need a wide player and a left back for the first team, but I think Haidara and Cabella deserve a chance tbh.

I think we need them regardless of Haidara and Cabella tbh, we have one decent winger in the squad in Aarons and even if Cabella stays and performs we still need one. Same with LB as Haidara is really the only one we have.

I think we need them regardless of Haidara and Cabella tbh, we have one decent winger in the squad in Aarons and even if Cabella stays and performs we still need one. Same with LB as Haidara is really the only one we have.

Yeah, I'm a fan so I'd like as many as possible like everyone else. But, I'm all for Cabella, Haidara, Aarons getting a run in the team and the club will undoubtedly think that Dummet is adequate cover at LB and have just let Sammy go on loan so obviously think we're fine wide too.

Aarons has to be starting LW right, right? :lol:  it's inconceivable to me that someone else will start the season in his place

dummet will be LB cover for haidara and we all know it, probably with shane fucking ferguson as backup for the backup

Can't see us getting a LB. In an ideal world we would get a striker with pace and power, right winger and CB. Doesn't sound like McClaren is expecting that although we will "try". A CB is a necessity, think we could survive without the other two until January.

McClaren could just be trying to make it sound like we are done to make clubs like QPR etc lower price / worry about deals.

Certainly hope that's the case as we need another centre half badly and a winger.

If we only get 2 more signings that should be priority. If we sell Cisse then a striker as well. We do seem to have a few attacking options with wijnaldum, Perez, Aaron's, de jong, sissoko and cabella. Hopefully Mitrovic gives us the presence we need up front and we keep the rest fit

Aarons has to be starting LW right, right? :lol:  it's inconceivable to me that someone else will start the season in his place

dummet will be LB cover for haidara and we all know it, probably with shane f***ing ferguson as backup for the backup

I don't even think I'd be surprised anymore if Gouffran started there.

Sure he knows we need a couple more in on top of the three, sincerely hope that's the case.  I guess to an extent it will depend on who we can shift but there has to be more cash above and beyond the 34M - the season just gone surely made a profit and the TV money to come.  if our first (ish) 11 stay fit can see us in top 10, add 2 more and think we will definitely be top 10 but not top 8 which is the target? Another CB is essential IMO.

Guest Roger Kint

Not convinced we are signing anyone else now, unless we sell some shite. havent watched his interview but the Sky headline said he isnt confident. We are settling for 12th at best with this squad

Fwiw, Mark Douglas reckons we will get a couple more in, and that McClaren's comments we're designed to dampen expectations.

And there's me thinking we were going to sign another CB and a winger and run away with the title...

Guest Roger Kint

Sticking to my post last week that we are going to be one in/one out from now. We havent even got the common sense to ditch Williamson & Obertan for free, far too much deadwood stealing a living to keep spending

Guest Roger Kint

Starting to reevaluate what we need. Currently its a decent wide player for me. I think if they can't shift numbers then we won't get new players in. So close and yet so far.

Personally see it as a wasted summer if we dont get at least 2 starters in. Shame really considering how close we could have been to a decent side

Said it lots but we need a first team CB with PL experience. We won't pay for one. So that's it.

Also we can't shift the deadwood. We'll be paying the wages of:

Colo, Saylor, Mbemba, Williamson, Lascellas & Dummett

With no ambition. No European football. That's all we'll get.

Still have Anita as an option at the fullback areas.

If we could move some of the deadwood we might see some movement. Probably not.

Think it's a similar situation with attacking wide players. Can't move Marveaux, Gouffran, Obertan etc. so we won't upgrade them. If we could move all 3 and replaced them with 1 good player it would be all worth it.