Steve McClaren

Dave

Positives to take from this game, without doubt. Nice thing is McClaren also saying that we're far away from being where we want to be. To me it sounds good as he sees that there's still a lot of stuff we can do better. Compare this to Pardew. Much more belief in McClaren that he can actually see what needs to be improved :thup:

The Tiote sub was cowardly as f*** but he set us up far better today. He really, really needs a central midfielder capable of making a mark on the game.

:lol:

You really do love the ginger rosy cheeked sod don't you?

As I said though, he had the opportunity to replace his attacking winger with another attacking winger with fresh legs but opted to bring on a 3rd central midfielder, and a defensive one at that. This at a time we needed a goal.

i agree it was cowardly in a sense and i'd have gone for aarons but tbf he's trying to build something in his 3rd game in charge and coming away with a point from OT is a good result

if we'd conceded then aye, shot with s***, but apparently he's not pardew

if we'd brought aarons on and we'd conceded he'd have been shot with s*** for not closing the game off.

cant win.

cracking point from a far more organised and resilient side, starts and ends there for me.

And he'd have been a hero if Aarons scored the winner, it's all hypothetical. It would have been far worse had we conceded due to sitting back and allowing Man Utd the ball though.

:thup:

personally can't argue with much except f***ing obertan, he got it right and we take a point

when this period of dodgy games is over though i will  :lol:or he can f*** himself

aye. this taking points at unbelievably difficult places has to f*** clean off.

f*** you on about?

why are people acting like in game decisions don't matter?  at 60 minutes in the thread we were screaming for change and he waited when they were all over us, when he put tiote on they were all over us and had no attacking outlet

he chose to go more defensive and got away with it, it's not such a ludicrous proposition to suggest he should have attacked regardless of how it turned out

read my post, i should have highlighted the point i was talking about, but it isn't that hard to understand what I mean tbh.

your point appears to be we got a point so it's all ok?  perhaps i'm misreading it

my point is we got a great point, which nobody saw coming, to call him cowardly as f*** for protecting that point is negativity in the extreme.

He'd have got f***ing pelters if he'd gone for the game and got beat. I take the 'hypothetical' point made, so lets focus on the facts instead, he got a great point. We looked very very well organised, for the first time in god knows how long.

We'll be here all day if we keep going on about it though, so lets agree to disagree.

agreed, was a class point mind...did not expect it, he's now only 1 point away from where he should be if he hadn't made such f***ing terrible personnel decisions in the first two games :lol:

:knuppel2:

that's it, lets go again...... :lol:

f***ing kidding me?  he got so much wrong in the first 2 games it's actually sad

I am aye.

"We're disappointed. We knew the first 20 minutes would be theirs but we grew in belief and we should have scored. The defending and discipline was superb but we really could have nicked it - we had the chances but didn't take them.

"We're far from where we want to be and there a lot of areas we need to improve on but we'll get better as the weeks go on."

coward: "a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things."

hans was not wrong in what he said tbf

He knows the definition of a word, he's just wrong to apply it here.

It was calculated, not cowardly. Risk vs reward.  We're just not a "nick it at the end team". 

"We're disappointed. We knew the first 20 minutes would be theirs but we grew in belief and we should have scored. The defending and discipline was superb but we really could have nicked it - we had the chances but didn't take them.

"We're far from where we want to be and there a lot of areas we need to improve on but we'll get better as the weeks go on."

Sounds upbeat and rightly so.

We nearly did, tbf!

We also nearly lost it.  I thought it was wrong to bring Tiote on for anybody other than Colback as we just invited them onto us more than we had and we could have easily came away with nothing.

In the end it worked so I don't want to criticise him for it, I still didn't agree and have said so.

We nearly did, tbf!

We also nearly lost it.  I thought it was wrong to bring Tiote on for anybody other than Colback as we just invited them onto us more than we had and we could have easily came away with nothing.

In the end it worked so I don't want to criticise him for it, I still didn't agree and have said so.

O0

We've now played 3 games and I think we've seen a big improvement in 2 of those.  You can see clearly that he is changing the way we play and he just needs to tweak his starting 11 to get the best out of what he has available to him.  Some of his substitutions look weird but he might just need to see us improve a bit more before he tries more positive changes.

Overall, he's doing quite well so far.  Lose Colback and Obertan from the starting 11 and things will look even better because so far I don't see what he's seeing in them.

We've now played 3 games and I think we've seen a big improvement in 2 of those.  You can see clearly that he is changing the way we play and he just needs to tweak his starting 11 to get the best out of what he has available to him.  Some of his substitutions look weird but he might just need to see us improve a bit more before he tries more positive changes.

Overall, he's doing quite well so far.  Lose Colback and Obertan from the starting 11 and things will look even better because so far I don't see what he's seeing in them.

this

We've now played 3 games and I think we've seen a big improvement in 2 of those.  You can see clearly that he is changing the way we play and he just needs to tweak his starting 11 to get the best out of what he has available to him. Some of his substitutions look weird but he might just need to see us improve a bit more before he tries more positive changes.

I can definitely get behind this. We're still not 100% there, and he knows that himself.

Obertan is baffling.

Has to be the last of him today, surely?

Agree with whole post.

My worry is the difference in defensive performances in one week. Can't see coaching/tactics making thaqt much of a difference so quick. Was it more the players mindset thinking "Oooh it's Old Trafford, got to be up for it" but unable to be up for it at Swansea (still want to call it the vetch)

Pleased with what he said in the post match.  He's right about the belief is just not there right now, but it's a step in the right direction.

After years of Pardew's negative bullshit and Carver's matey kick around training, they are bound to be low on confidence. Hopefully something will click and we'll push on.

Still need another player or two though Steve.

:thup: Totally agree.

People need to understand it's going to take a while for the players to detach themselves from what they've had to endure "coaching" wise over the past four years.

Remember how many games it took somebody as good as Keegan to change things after taking over from Allardyce who wasn't in charge for that long.

More than happy to give McLaren a chance to show what he can do and so far I've seen things to take positives from.

Sounds upbeat and rightly so.

:thup:

People need to understand it's going to take a while for the players to detach themselves from what they've had to endure "coaching" wise over the past four years.

Remember how many games it took somebody as good as Keegan to change things after taking over from Allardyce who wasn't in charge for that long.

More than happy to give McLaren a chance to show what he can do and so far I've seen things to take positives from.

Spot on.

We are not only seeing our game change, we're also seeing him making changes to the starting 11.  Dropping Cisse must have been a difficult decision but it was the right one and he made it.

So far, the changes are refreshing and it will take time before all of the wrongs are righted.

Hoping we see

Krul

Janmaat  Colo  Mbemba  Haidara

Anita

Moussa    Gini

Thauvin                          Perez

Mitrovic