Steve McClaren

Dave

The Tiote sub was cowardly as fuck but he set us up far better today. He really, really needs a central midfielder capable of making a mark on the game.

Cowardly is a bit harsh, he wanted to protect the point and he got that. Nearly even nicked it if Thauvin had bigger boots on.

The Tiote sub was cowardly as fuck but he set us up far better today. He really, really needs a central midfielder capable of making a mark on the game.

Aye should have probably been Aarons for Ayoze. That sub put us under a lot of pressure.

Perez had to come off as he was spent. Had no problem with the Tiote sub.

In fact, my only issue with him today is I thought all three subs came 5-10 min too late. Obertan because he's Obertan and the other two because they both looked exhausted.

Got the point. Looked organised. Zero ambition though. Zero shots on target. Only got Man Utd on the break once. No Aarons at all is disappointing.

Aye, the Aarons thing is really starting to push my buttons. Why throw Thauvin in and not give Aarons a run? Not that Thauvin was terrible or anything but fucking hell.

Got the point. Looked organised. Zero ambition though. Zero shots on target. Only got Man Utd on the break once. No Aarons at all is disappointing.

In fairness, I don't think Spurs or Villa managed a shot for Romero to save either, and the Man U they played looked much worse with Memphis in the middle and Mata uninvolved out wide.

:thup:

Disappointed to see Obertan, but glad he was subbed off before Ayoze at least.

The Tiote sub was cowardly as f*** but he set us up far better today. He really, really needs a central midfielder capable of making a mark on the game.

:lol:

You really do love the ginger rosy cheeked sod don't you?

As I said though, he had the opportunity to replace his attacking winger with another attacking winger with fresh legs but opted to bring on a 3rd central midfielder, and a defensive one at that. This at a time we needed a goal.

The Tiote sub was cowardly as f*** but he set us up far better today. He really, really needs a central midfielder capable of making a mark on the game.

As I said though, he had the opportunity to replace his attacking winger with another attacking winger with fresh legs but opted to bring on a 3rd central midfielder, and a defensive one at that. This at a time we needed a goal.

I think fitness is still an issue after the shit preseason we had, Man Utd clearly had more legs than us in the last 15 minutes, was quite happy to see him shore up the midfield and protect the point.

As I said though, he had the opportunity to replace his attacking winger with another attacking winger with fresh legs but opted to bring on a 3rd central midfielder, and a defensive one at that.

I like him, I'll admit that.

I also dont think shutting up shop at man utd is deserving of the term 'cowardly as fuck'.

Its a cracking point that, there's just no denying it. We looked well organised, which is a hell of a step forward.

i agree it was cowardly in a sense and i'd have gone for aarons but tbf he's trying to build something in his 3rd game in charge and coming away with a point from OT is a good result

if we'd conceded then aye, shot with shit, but apparently he's not pardew

I think fitness is still an issue after the s*** preseason we had, Man Utd clearly had more legs than us in the last 15 minutes, was quite happy to see him shore up the midfield and protect the point.

yep.