Steve McClaren

Dave

We look solid under him, much more than we ever did under Pardew. Looking forward to seeing how we do against the weaker sides at home. Could hit a few goals against some with the players we have.

Thought that was much better, fucked over by an awful refereeing performance but I thought we were about as positive as we could be regardless.

Just a bit worrying how we have started games against Man U and Arsenal though. We looked better once we went down to 10 men today.

I like him too, but he needs to start winning games, otherwise the good feeling will run out before we've got points on the board.

I think it will come soon. I actually think we will benefit from the break. I really liked how we constantly tried to play the ball out from the back today despite having 10. You just know that for the past few years that ball would have been launched long.

I like him too, but he needs to start winning games, otherwise the good feeling will run out before we've got points on the board.

I think it will come soon. I actually think we will benefit from the break. I really liked how we constantly tried to play the ball out from the back today despite having 10. You just know that for the past few years that ball would have been launched long.

Yeah it was nice to see us playing the ball around, even under pressure and with 10 men for most of the game. It looked to me like the players must have been explicitly told NOT to hoof the ball aimlessly unless absolutely needed, because we didn't do it at all. Maybe players are getting fined for this as well as passing sideways? Such a difference from Pardew anyway, but we need to get points on the board soon (and Mitrovic scoring, but thats a while off now).

Must get 3 points out of the next two games before Chelsea at home then Man City away, or it's going to look fucking bleak come late October.

McClaren has his work cut out for him. I think we need to think of more signings. Get Austin in so we aren't relying on Mitrovic so much.

Thought we started fine, tbh. Got stuck in, created a good opening, some good moves. We were just getting into our rhythm when Arsenal decided they didn't like being touched.

interesting, thought we had about a good 30 seconds then they took total control until the sending off

Good interview from McClaren. Disputed the red. Ref made a rod from his back dishing out yellows. Compared the Mitrovic and Sissoko challenge. He also insinuated Arsenal were rolling about the floor and we fell victims to it. He also praised the crowd heavily.

He's still on 8 out of 10 from me, we've lost again but we've handled ourselves well and would have crumbled last season and we didn't.  Our football is definitely showing some really good sings of improvement and we can take a lot from today, even if we came out of it with no points.  I think we're learning and the good times aren't too far away.  We'll start picking up points soon but we could do without any more red cards so we can get our best team (whatever that is) working together.

Happy enough today, though we need to start picking up points sooner rather than later no matter the opposition.

As I said in the match thread I was encouraged by him appearing to be really pissed off with our play before the yellow card. Several previous NUFC managers would have just been delighted we'd not conceded yet.