Steve McClaren

Dave

Looking back over the start, we could've done better at getting ourselves into it, but I do maintain we did look positive going forward when we got the opportunity. Suppose it is difficult when they were so obviously set up to retain possession (and are excellent at it) but we needed a bit more to stamp our authority on the game. We tried to pass it short but seemed to lose too much faith early on with it, we were better when down to 10 for it, tbh.

Was good to see SM trying to get the players to push up and push on late on, mind. Reckon the close-score will actually benefit our confidence, in a way.

he seems a better 'reactor' than pardew, in the sense i think he's getting things wrong and can see where it's wrong and change it properly whereas pardle would get things wrong and put 3 left backs on to sort it

just hope he stops getting shit wrong soon

he seems a better 'reactor' than pardew, in the sense i think he's getting things wrong and can see where it's wrong and change it properly whereas pardle would get things wrong and put 3 left backs on to sort it

4 league games.  :lol:

4 league games.  [emoji38]

don't know what you want me to say, he's getting some shit wrong and we've 2 points from 12 with 2 "winnable" games in there

disclaimer *****i like him, i like a lot about what he's doing and how we're playing**** but he's making some fundamental decisions that are contributing to us not winning games

sorry to have an opinion but here we are

Guest Howaythetoon

We are going to be hard to beat under him and a bit boring. We'll basically be Boro but with better players and a bigger home crowd so at home at least, we will go for it more.

Guest Howaythetoon

We are going to be hard to beat under him and a bit boring. We'll basically be Boro but with better players and a bigger home crowd so at home at least, we will go for it more.

More boring than Pardsland?

Nowt is as more boring as that.

Seasons gone by you'd be looking at the points & table and starting to worry. I don't feel that this time, you can see what we're trying to do and a clear plan.

Not at 4 games in, and with the teams we have had to play you wouldn't. Get a grip, every team we have played this season finished in the top 8, we have played half of last years top 8.

Why do you say 'get a grip' when Nut's post clearly agress with what you're saying and neither of you are worrying? :lol: :lol:

Appreciated his subs today. Showed balls.

Came far, far too late. Had the same 10 men on the pitch for 70 minutes for no reason and loads of them were fucking knackered. All 3 sets of fresh legs should have been on not long after half time.

Came far, far too late. Had the same 10 men on the pitch for 70 minutes for no reason and loads of them were f***ing knackered. All 3 sets of fresh legs should have been on not long after half time.

they were keeping the shape well tbf, there wasn't much reason to change it.

Came far, far too late. Had the same 10 men on the pitch for 70 minutes for no reason and loads of them were fucking knackered. All 3 sets of fresh legs should have been on not long after half time.

Both points are valid. He did the right thing to go for an equaliser, however by the time they came our squad had been booked so couldn't make any sort of challenge to gain possession and the referee had dictated how it was going to end.

The only way we were going to score was if Arsenal put it in their own net.

However unlikely an equaliser was today,  I still had hope right up until the end that we could. This surprised me as last season if we went behind I would lose all hope let alone being a man down. Would have liked to see Perez on a tad earlier, Thauvin looked wrecked 2nd half I was pleased with the subs... Fucking ref...

Disagree, Perez should have been on asap as he works tirelessly.

After his performances and getting back against Man Utd I think he should have been on in the 2nd half, just to offer something in the final 3rd if we managed to get it there, and to offer something at the back as well.

He promised attacking football and I have rarely seen a team sit as deep at home.

The news is that West Ham beat Arsenal comfortably by attacking them and then Liverpool by attacking them. McLaren is as s*** scared as Pardew was to attack teams ... even before the sending off we had set the pattern... if this continues we will lose an awful lot of games by defending a 0-0 'lead'

Not a wind up this we have the personnel to attack teams but not it seems the managerial instruction.

4 games in and absolute s*** as usual from a gutless manager in charge of a half decent squad.

Very very disappointed ... promised the earth and is delivering dross... passing team?... f**k off everybody has out-possessed us so far Southampton Swansea ManU Arsenal dreadful approach unconvincing appointment... already thinking of how it may have been under Laudrup for instance :(

He promised attacking football and I have rarely seen a team sit as deep at home.

The news is that West Ham beat Arsenal comfortably by attacking them and then Liverpool by attacking them. McLaren is as s*** scared as Pardew was to attack teams ... even before the sending off we had set the pattern... if this continues we will lose an awful lot of games by defending a 0-0 'lead'

Not a wind up this we have the personnel to attack teams but not it seems the managerial instruction.

4 games in and absolute s*** as usual from a gutless manager in charge of a half decent squad.

Very very disappointed ... promised the earth and is delivering dross... passing team?... f**k off everybody has out-possessed us so far Southampton Swansea ManU Arsenal dreadful approach unconvincing appointment... already thinking of how it may have been under Laudrup for instance :(

That is very hyperbolic