Steve McClaren

Dave

He should never have been given the job. Couldn't hack it in the Championship but he's cheap, English and grateful for a job he shouldn't really be anywhere near so he fits the bill.

This is life under Mike Ashley and the main reason me, and 1000's of others won't set foot inside of St James' Park until he's gone.

It's come as a complete surprise to me that Steve McClaren's not good enough to manage Newcastle.

The bloke's been damaged goods for years with very good reason.

It was so obviously a bad appointment, with so many other better more progressive options out there for us. Now we are stuck with him, they have proven in the past that they'll stick with the man in charge.  best we can hope for is that we stay up this yea somehow, right now doesn't look good.

His starting eleven against Watford will be interesting.

Negativity from the start against the better sides is bad enough, but tonight and even more so at home against Watford just not acceptable.

I feel it's way too early to judge him, sorry. We've brought in a completely new set of coaching staff, some genuine first teamers for the first time in ages and the rest of the team needs turning around from the last few years of Pardew and Carver. Then an abysmal pre-season which didn't help us at all. It's going to take half a season at least.

Absolute rot tonight mind, and we need to start picking up points from somewhere. I don't believe in this current system, need to go back to basics until we get some confidence and understanding going IMO. That means 4-4-2 with a bog standard set of strikers, wingers and midfielders all with clear roles.

I feel it's way too early to judge him, sorry. We've brought in a completely new set of coaching staff, some genuine first teamers for the first time in ages and the rest of the team needs turning around from the last few years of Pardew and Carver. Then an abysmal pre-season which didn't help us at all. It's going to take half a season at least.

Absolute rot tonight mind, and we need to start picking up points from somewhere. I don't believe in this current system, need to go back to basics until we get some confidence and understanding going IMO. That means 4-4-2 with a bog standard set of strikers, wingers and midfielders all with clear roles.

Spot on.

Guest Howaythetoon

I want him out!

Come on, man.

Howdy man, it's not going to get better, we are dog s***. Again I like him, but NUFC needs a positive man in charge not some drip.

You've always got to give him 10 games to judge, but it's just been so frustrating to see us talk about attacking, then not really attack. Talk about bringing in discipline, then get a shed load of yellows and a couple reds in four games.

In the Southampton game we showed glimpses of moving forwards, but each game since we have taken steps back. The draw away at Man Utd is all we have to shout about 5 games in and based on today so far, I'm worried about fucking Watford at home.

I want him out!

Come on, man.

Howdy man, it's not going to get better, we are dog s***. Again I like him, but NUFC needs a positive man in charge not some drip.

A positive man who's going to be able to conjure up half a new defence, half a new midfield and a proven PL goalscorer?

We're lacking so much on the pitch it's a joke.

Guest Howaythetoon

I want him out!

Come on, man.

A positive man who's going to be able to conjure up half a new defence, half a new midfield and a proven PL goalscorer?

We're lacking so much on the pitch it's a joke.

Sorry but Anita and Colback in midfield is the ultimate sign of shitness. I don't even think they themselves would pick themselves in midfield. He is a good coach and an average manager, Boro is his level, NUFC especially Ashely's NUFC is way beyond him.