Steve McClaren

Dave

Don't understand the clammer for communication at all. It's pretty much worthless given their actions.

Exactly. They say one thing and do another. It's all worthless really. Same as this fans forum rubbish. Either the fans selected to go along are scared to ask important questions that could put Charnley, Moncur, Carr etc on the back foot or any remotely interesting question that does get asked the answer always gets skirted over and ends up not becoming relevant to the original question.

Tbh you can't argue with what's been said in the email, although he's making a rod for his own back if he doesn't follow it up with results.

I've more of an issue with the fact that our communication is always pre-meditated and controlled these days.  Another reason you'll never be able to shake the idea that you're basically being bullshitted for their own ends.

I'm sure people were complaining when we had complete silence from the club around a year ago. Now people are complaining that they're communicating too much :lol:

Personally I'm not bothered. It's just a letter about a game of football, at the end of the day.

Guest Roger Kint

They're just a load of nothing, those emails. Every club sends out pointless and meaningless communications, it's just that we hate our club more than most people. Don't think there's much to be said about the emails themselves.

This. The idea people are comparing them to the club communicating is quite laughable too mind. As if thats what people wanted ffs

Shearer sounds like a straight up dick, tbf. The emails are harmless. Glad they're communicating period.

He's a frustrated fan like the rest of us. I don't see him as being a dick, just venting...

I don't have a problem with the emails as such, communication is better than radio silence.

It has to start improving though. An email every week up to being relegated will look silly, but in the interim as we push to turn things around fair enough.

I'm sure people were complaining when we had complete silence from the club around a year ago. Now people are complaining that they're communicating too much :lol:

Personally I'm not bothered. It's just a letter about a game of football, at the end of the day.

I've never complained about that tbh. Like many others who see their PR for what is is no doubt. Speak with actions.

We have the same discussion every time one of these 'letters' gets released. They're dressing it up as 'communicating' but it really isn't. It's Stevie Taylor Chronicle Exclusive type material written by a ghost writer.

I dunno to what extent Sheik Mansour 'communicates' with the fans.

Dropping £100m+ on De Bruyne and Sterling was the only statement that was needed tbh.

Communicates with titles, investment into the stadium, buys a shed load of players, doesn't accept not winning titles so just sacks people and/or signs more players. Created an insane state of art academy/offices etc. Created an MLS team with the Yankees for shits and giggles.

Don't need to fucking talk to your fans when you're busy running the club to win something and achieve something, even if it's all on the back of cash, cash and more cash.

I dunno to what extent Sheik Mansour 'communicates' with the fans.

Dropping £100m+ on De Bruyne and Sterling was the only statement that was needed tbh.

Communicates with titles, investment into the stadium, buys a shed load of players, doesn't accept not winning titles so just sacks people and/or signs more players. Created an insane state of art academy/offices etc. Created an MLS team with the Yankees for shits and giggles.

Don't need to fucking talk to your fans when you're busy running the club to win something and achieve something, even if it's all on the back of cash, cash and more cash.

Mansour is actually pretty patient with managers although your main point is obviously correct

Can't help but think that despite how "unlucky" we've been in certain matches that this is also due to a complete lack of urgency from the players and that does come down to him.

Aye the first half was drudgery like. Played at a snail's pace with no urgency.