Steve McClaren

Dave

Teams making progress as he annoyingly repeatedly tells us when we lose each game. There does have to be a point where good performance or not he has to go if the points don't start coming and continue coming.

Erm we've lost one of the last 3 and 2 of 5. We didn't lose today

I'm obviously aware of that, but he said the excuses are made when we lose lose each game. We're not losing each game or anywhere near

Erm we have 7 points out of 11 games

We have lost 6 out of the 11 man and won only one - how the f*** anyone can see progress I do not know

clearly because they use their f***ing eyes.

I would get them checked out then if I was you

I was one for giving him a shot, but 1 win in 11 is unacceptable IMO.

To only win 1 in 11 with those players is a feat in itself!!!

No no it's progress

The question is where are the wins we need going to come from?

Yes we've had some tough fixtures so far, but the teams we've not played yet are Bournemouth, Leicester, Palace, Liverpool, Spurs, Villa, Everton and West Brom.

Right now I'd be relatively confident of beating Bournemouth, Villa and West Brom at home. I can easily see us losing to the rest.

No no it's progress

'Progressing' the wrong fucking way down the league maybe!

Teams making progress as he annoyingly repeatedly tells us when we lose each game. There does have to be a point where good performance or not he has to go if the points don't start coming and continue coming.

I'm obviously aware of that, but he said the excuses are made when we lose lose each game. We're not losing each game or anywhere near

We have lost 6 out of the 11 man and won only one - how the f*** anyone can see progress I do not know

clearly because they use their fucking eyes.

Use them to look at the league table then.

No no it's progress

'Progressing' the wrong f***ing way down the league maybe!

You're not wrong but to hear some on here

Guest reefatoon

Exactly, it's woeful.  Who gives a fuck that we are sitting in the bottom three with only one win and dead certs for relegation, at least we are passing the ball about a bit eh. So fuck, we are  worse for it than the god awful shite we used to dish out. We need to start getting some wins on the board, we are showing no signs of doing that.

What are peoples thoughts on our attacking shape the last three matches? In the media it's universally - and I suspect, rather lazily reported as 4-4-2. Yet (and I appreciate these things are fluid and in the eye of the beholder) it appears to be more of a dynamic 4-2-2-2 set up to allow Wijnaldum and Sissoko to play more centrally.

Still far too conservative with his team selection imo. at home to Stoke, we're desperate for a win and he picks 7 players purely designed to stop Stoke. Keeper, back 4 and Anita and Tiote, all there to, largely, defend and/or protect. We're neck deep in the shit and he's only brave enough to pick 4 players to break Stoke down and score enough to win it. It's just not good enough.

Trying to play a bit of football is admirable but it's utterly futile when it's left to 4 or 5 men to break down an entire team. We're a sheep in wolf's clothing, utterly toothless and unless he has the bottle to go for weaker opposition at home then we'll go down playing nice football.

We unfortunately don't have a non-defensively minded central midfielder (as long as sissoko and wijnaldum are on flanks, and on performance they kinda need to be). The bonkers decision that colback is a decent player and should be our first choice player in the midfielder has killed any chance of us ever controlling games or having attacking threat from the middle. When he's gone we fall back on even more defensive players. We should have signed Cabaye back.

Still far too conservative with his team selection imo. at home to Stoke, we're desperate for a win and he picks 7 players purely designed to stop Stoke. Keeper, back 4 and Anita and Tiote, all there to, largely, defend and/or protect. We're neck deep in the shit and he's only brave enough to pick 4 players to break Stoke down and score enough to win it. It's just not good enough.

Trying to play a bit of football is admirable but it's utterly futile when it's left to 4 or 5 men to break down an entire team. We're a sheep in wolf's clothing, utterly toothless and unless he has the bottle to go for weaker opposition at home then we'll go down playing nice football.

Yeah picking a keeper baffled me aswell.

Yeah picking a keeper baffled me aswell.

:lol:

You know what I mean. :lol:

Yes I don't disagree the playing style is far different. Steve is a good man, honest coach who works his Ass off. He cares I can tell. But, still think he's not good enough to get us out of this hole we are currently in.

To be fair, it wasn't worded great. To rephrase in bullet form.

- I think we are making progress - even though it's annoying when he repeatedly says that when we lose.

- continued performance improvement or not if we don't start picking up 3 points more regularly there will come a time that he will need to go.

- personally I'm not happy with 7 points from 11. Pretty sure no one is. I have been heartened by performance improvement.

- the damage done by previous regimes is deep and a new guy wont change that any quicker unless he has the charisma and motivational skills of a keegan to boost the club, players and city... don't see that person around or interested especially with what we would look for.

I think it is debatable. We did make progress in terms of attacking.  No question for this.  But it is obvious that this heavily relies on Mitrovic's strength.  If he's injured we have no means to keep hold of the ball upfront and the whole attack form will collapse. 

Honestly, I am not impressed by McClaren so far.  I can see what he is doing now but it is not good enough, and luck / fixture is not an excuse for 1 win in 11 games.  We should have beat teams like Stoke consistently when we are having no injuries and playing the best eleven except Krul in order to climb up the table.  We failed.  Then when injuries or suspension hit us again, we are doomed.

Football may be better but we look all over the shop off the ball and on it we just aren't ruthless enough. We are creating more chances, getting players in the box and dominating posession but it doesn't matter if we don't take the chances we get.

We need a winger, centre mid and of course cb. Off and on the ball we go far too narrow a lot of the time and rely on full backs with no one around them, this isn't too bad when we have Janmaat but Dummet is not good on the ball or getting down the wing.