Steve McClaren

Dave

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele  3m3 minutes ago

I don't want to spread panic but I've been told this morning that someone in a key position at SJP doesn't want to sack Steve McClaren #nufc

I wonder who that could be...

I don't want to spread panic but I've been told this morning that someone in a key position at SJP doesn't want to sack Steve McClaren #nufc

I wonder who the could be...

Carr.

Guest Roger Kint

Steve McClaren? :lol:

:lol:

Most likely Carr or Charnley.

I've seen far to many Newcastle fans suggesting Pearson. Do they not remember his team as assistant coach here ? He was more or less chased out of the club and blamed for pretty much everything that was going wrong.

The only reason he's mentioned is that he's exactly the type of English manager who is low enough rated to come here and work under the current system. Someone like Moyes at least had enough of a reputation built over some time to attract offers from Man U and Spain. Pearson is championship s*** and a bell end to rival Pardew or Souness.

Oh no I'm on about fans on the metro to the match and in the stadium not the press. Explaining to each other why this no nonsense bloke was perfect and just what we need.

:lol:

He's got a couple of days off along with the players. Back tomorrow.

Where's this being reported?

I've also read that in the last day or so.

Any manager worth their salt would have had them in yesterday morning never mind two days off.

Could be either thumbhead or carr. He's carr's mate so he won't want to see him go after pushing him to the moon and thumbhead won't want to look even more of a failure by sacking him. Also, he won't have the balls to sack him. Head in the sand time.

Don't think that tells us anything we didn't already know, Carr and Charnley's futures are now pretty much tied to McClaren so if he goes they can't be far behind.

All comes down to Ashley I reckon.

I wonder who that could be...

Bring it on tbh.

We all can see what's coming anyway and watching this club crash and burn around the likes of Charnley and Carr will be hugely gratifying. 

I hope when I check this thread on lunch that thread title says 'jobless'.

Same here although I have a horrible feeling he'll be going nowhere due to no bugger wanting to take the job.

Still reckon he's going no where.

If he was going anywhere he'd have gone by now.

This fucken club is a complete joke. Failure is accepted.

Same here although I have a horrible feeling he'll be going nowhere due to no bugger wanting to take the job.

There's no game until next monday so still plenty of time to get rid and bring in a replacement. That said, if he's not sacked today then he's probably staying. We could easily sack him straight away then start the search for a replacement assuming we haven't already sounded anybody out.

There's no game until next monday so still plenty of time to get rid and bring in a replacement. That said, if he's not sacked today then he's probably staying. We could easily sack him straight away then start the search for a replacement assuming we haven't already sounded anybody out.

I just don't have that optimism. He's here to stay and we're going down. I've accepted both those things now.

So if they don't sack McClaren does that mean they'd keep him for the Championship? It's utterly ridiculous.

As for anyone feeling sorry for McClaren, he's welcome to leave at any time. How did football get itself into a situation where managers who fail get huge compensation payments? Fair enough when Chelsea or Real Madrid sack the manager for finishing second but that's the exception.

As for no manager fancying the job, money talks. I don't see how the club can offer anything other than a deal until the end of the season unless they sell it as a project to overhaul the whole club regardless of the division we are in.

Carr.

Aye and he'll be a thinking about his own job rather than the future of the club. He must know if Ashley brings in anyone with something about him he'll be the first out of the door.