them 1-1 Us - 10/11/07 - Official match thread (Post-match reaction from p15)

midds

How the fook can SMith have played shite?  Are people watching the game and saying this.  Saved a possible goal and is breaking the play up well.

Faye has been awsome to say the least.

We have not conceded a goal - this has to be a plus. 

I would take off Barton for Enrique and push Zog up.  Think Martins has to come on for Viduka - he looks slow as fuck.  For all the flicks he has got, there has been no one on the end of them anyway.

Credit to the scum, they are quick to the ball and are not letting us play and are managing to play some ok football.  I do not think our tactics are the problem, the players are.  They are just not in the game - Milner, Owen, Barton, Emre etc - nearly half the fookin team.

We need to create some chances and fast, otherwise we will loose this by the odd goal.  We have proven over and over we cannot keep a clean sheet - time to go out there and play for the win and not a 0-0 draw.

Guest shaun11177

We seem to be playing 4-1-3-2, the play is mediocre. Only tactic hoof it up to Viduka. Get Martins on-give the ball to Emre let him find a pass for Martins-game over.

Smith's never played this position before.

And he's doing a fucking good job at the moment.

blueyes.gif

Smith has had a great game so far, only topped by Faye.

We're not out of this, by any stretch of the imagination, but we need to track them down a lot quicker and we also need to find space when we got the ball.

is it possible for Barton to be sent off now, after they missed it on the pitch? Surely they arent allowed to check TV replays?

He's safe for now, but I'd say its borderline towards the possibility of a suspension.

is it possible for Barton to be sent off now, after they missed it on the pitch? Surely they arent allowed to check TV replays?

Don't think it is.  The FA can step in after the game if they think its worth looking at.  I do not think the ref can as he or his assistants appreared to not see it.

Guest Oz Toon

I agree we can win this...But apart from 2 Zoggy crosses there has been little width...

If BSA's tactics are stack the defence and not play for 40 minutes then yup... he's  a genius, 0-0 H/T.

But I would hope we could still roll our sleeves up but play football with width away from home, surely that's not being too ambitious. Again what gives with his obsession with playing players out of position.

He's safe for now, but I'd say its borderline towards the possibility of a suspension.

I think he'll defo get a suspension for that, it was fuckin terrible.

I think he'll defo get a suspension for that, it was fuckin terrible.

Good he needs more reserve games.  I'm not doubting his talent but he needs to play more football before he's ready.

It isn't a s*** performance with s*** tactics anyway tbh. I won't be surprised if we come out of this game winning. Sunderland have been the more dominant force... obviously... they're on home turf with a massive noise behind then, and they're bound to come at a delapidated defense. We've looked good on the counter and have defended fairly resolutely (need to sort out positioning down our right hand side, though). We're hardly OUT of this game ffs.

Have more faith in your team for crying out f****** loud. It's Sunderland/Newcastle. f****** support.

Jesus wept.

It's not about a lack of faith. It's merely people acknowledging that we're not "doing o.k" and should in fact be at least 2 goals behind.

The problem we've got is Sunderland are putting the pressure on but we don't have any pace up top to hit them on the counter attack.

The counter's where we're doing well from an attacking point of view, really imo. But we do need more pace.

It isn't a s*** performance with s*** tactics anyway tbh. I won't be surprised if we come out of this game winning. Sunderland have been the more dominant force... obviously... they're on home turf with a massive noise behind then, and they're bound to come at a delapidated defense. We've looked good on the counter and have defended fairly resolutely (need to sort out positioning down our right hand side, though). We're hardly OUT of this game ffs.

Have more faith in your team for crying out f****** loud. It's Sunderland/Newcastle. f****** support.

Jesus wept.

*Nods head*