Liverpool (h) pre match thread

madras

Guest FriendlyRed

So, who do you think will win today?

It's not the easiest of away games but you seem to have a few problems with your back line at the moment, only made worse by injuries. So with that I think Liverpool can get a victory today but I'm not going to predict some kind of hammering like a few others are.

If we score early and your back line loses confidence then I can see us knocking a few past you today, but if you start high tempo, you can definitely get a result. Martins against Sami..... not looking forward to that really.

It has been hinted that Babel will start up (by far his best position) front with Torres, I would love that. Real pace and power.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle 3 - 1 Liverpool

Had a dream last night, Barton scored the 3rd

Probable line up

.........................................................................................Given.................................................................................................

Geremi...............................................Beye.....................................................Roz...............................................................Zog

..................................................................................Butt...................................................................................................

........................................................Smith.....................................................Barton...................................................................

................................................Martins............................................................................Milner

................................................................................Viduka.................................................................................

It's not the easiest of away games but you seem to have a few problems with your back line at the moment, only made worse by injuries. So with that I think Liverpool can get a victory today but I'm not going to predict some kind of hammering like a few others are.

If we score early and your back line loses confidence then I can see us knocking a few past you today, but if you start high tempo, you can definitely get a result. Martins against Sami..... not looking forward to that really.

It has been hinted that Babel will start up (by far his best position) front with Torres, I would love that. Real pace and power.

If you do play with pace and power up front then were knackered because we'll play with no cohesion at all as we never have a settled side from one game to the next.  Our players will be like England were against Croatia except that I don't think we'd be able to come back if we go two down.

It’s a two horse race so we do have a chance but I can see some strange managerial decisions again so I don’t expect too much from us.  I can’t see a hammering but I wouldn’t bet against it because Liverpool have a lot more to offer than Portsmouth if Liverpool play as well as they can and look what happened when we played then.

I really think we play into the hands of teams who are prepared to have a go at us as we are not comfortable as a team, we’re a group of individuals.

Probable line up

.........................................................................................Given.................................................................................................

Geremi...............................................Beye.....................................................Roz...............................................................Zog

..................................................................................Butt...................................................................................................

........................................................Smith.....................................................Barton...................................................................

................................................Martins............................................................................Milner

................................................................................Viduka.................................................................................

I'd be amazed if that team were capable of beating Liverpool 3-1, what did you take before going to bed?   :lol:

I'm scared.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Probable line up

I'd be amazed if that team were capable of beating Liverpool 3-1, what did you take before going to bed?   :lol:

Me too but the dream was like an epiphany. The lads had the old gold writing on the back and the guy who scored the 3rd had barton on his back, side footing it on the volley into the far corner from about 6 yards, but he looked like Stilian Petrov. I know  :idiot2:

Guest FriendlyRed

I'm scared.

Don't be. We love draws at the moment. Other than the 80 and the 2-0 in our last two games, that is.

With the news that Beye is at CB, people seem to be forgetting that Carr is now fit when picking Geremi on the right.

I'd say the team could be:

Given

Carr Beye Rozehnal Enrique

Smith Butt Emre

Martins Viduka N'Zogbia

Guest nufc_geordie

I would go for:

------------------------------Given----------------------------

Geremi--------------Beye----Rozenthal----------Enrique

Milner-------------Barton-----Emre------------------Zog

---------------------Viduka----Martins-------------------------

It's no good sitting back against Liverpool, if we do we will get hammered, we may as well have a right go at them and see what happens. I will never slag a team off for having a go, all you can do is put your hands up and say the better team won on the day.

2-0 to the dippers without them needing to break sweat, more abysmal defending and strikers feeding off hoof ball scraps with more pressure being heaped on our clueless twat of a manager

He'd be totally mental to start Carr today, no way he's going to be fit enough to handle people running at him, especially if they put someone with pace like Babel on to him. Wouldn't mind if we lost this if we just put in a decent performance, likewise wouldn't mind sneaking some points if we don't play brilliant...just don't play fecking useless and lose please!  O0

I reckon we'll see this (same as Sicko predicted):

Given

Geremi    Beye    Rozehnal    N'Zogbia

Smith  Butt  Barton

Martins                  Milner

Viduka

SUBS: Harper, Enrique, Edgar, Emre, Ameobi.

With the news that Beye is at CB, people seem to be forgetting that Carr is now fit when picking Geremi on the right.

I'd say the team could be:

Given

Carr Beye Rozehnal Enrique

Smith Butt Emre

Martins Viduka N'Zogbia

Same but Geremi in at RB.