Allardyce.

Menace

Worst win ratio than Roeder and Souness and still yet to play the big 4.

Discuss.

Statistics - can be used to prove or disprove anything you want.  - Discuss

Best league start in ages - Discuss

"Easiest" season start of any other team in the league.

Current league positions of teams we've played so far: 18, 8, 17, 19, 20, 10, 3, 9, 14, 12, 6, 16

2 teams in the top 7, 6 of the bottom 7.

Discuss.

Current league positions of teams we've played so far: 18, 8, 17, 19, 20, 10, 3, 9, 14, 12, 6, 16

This is the worry and 3 straight loses in the next 3 games is entirely possible. Then what?

Discuss.

This is the worry and 3 straight loses in the next 3 games is entirely possible. Then what?

Enter Shearer stage left would be my bet

Stats towards the win ratio's are pretty meaningless.

When Souness joined I think we went on a run of 10 games unbeaten, but out of those 10 games only something like 3 where league games as we had a few cup ties against teams like the mighty Dnipro where as Sam has played Man City and Portsmouth who respectibly are good teams.

Stats towards the win ratio's are pretty meaningless.

When Souness joined I think we went on a run of 10 games unbeaten, but out of those 10 games only something like 3 where league games as we had a few cup ties against teams like the mighty Dnipro where as Sam has played Man City and Portsmouth who respectibly are good teams.

If Sam had only dropped points against Citeh, Pompey and the Mackems then we'd be ok.

Its the Derby loss, Reading loss and Boro draw which have really put a spaniard in the works (I'll ignore Villa as they will pick up points at better teams than us this season). Stick eight points onto where we are now and we'd all be singing his praises

Guest Sniffer

Who cares about stats?

Watch the fucking games and you'll see how clueless we are. And how tactically inept FSA is.

And it's a very valid point that just about the first decent team we played this season.......other than arsenal reserves....totally embarrassed us at home.

In all the years I've watch the Toon I can't recall a player being taken off in the first quarter of an hour or so just for being atrocious.

Who cares about stats?

Watch the f****** games and you'll see how clueless we are. And how tactically inept FSA is.

And it's a very valid point that just about the first decent team we played this season.......other than arsenal reserves....totally embarrassed us at home.

In all the years I've watch the Toon I can't recall a player being taken off in the first quarter of an hour or so just for being atrocious.

I seem to remember Gullit doing one or two early substitutions although I can't remember who came off or who it was against.

I seem to remember Gullit doing one or two early substitutions although I can't remember who came off or who it was against.

Against Coventry, Nobby off Speed on.  Went on and won the game 1 - 4.

For me, it's not about the results (Luck can have a massive effect short-term) or the signings (Who could take a few months to bed in), it's about the tactics and mentality he employs.

Going to Reading, Derby and Sunderland to play for a draw is shambolic and unacceptable. That's my cause for complaint. He needs to change this outlook of his, and play for a win with wingers on the (Correct) wings. Until he does that, then he's not right for the job IMO.

I'll give him time, but that's not time to win matches or get results. As already stated that's something that I'm not too bothered about anyway as there's a lot of work to be done here and some things will take time. The time I'm giving him is to realise what a muppet he's been at these grounds and set his stall out for a win in our easier away games.

FFS, West Ham showed how it should be done last week - They went to Derby and stuck 5 past them. That's what we should have looked to do. If we failed, so what. I could live with that. What I can't accept is this god-awful long ball, wingerless, let-sneak-a-nil-nil shit we've been served up on the road so far under Sam.

For me, it's not about the results (Luck can have a massive effect short-term) or the signings (Who could take a few months to bed in), it's about the tactics and mentality he employs.

Going to Reading, Derby and Sunderland to play for a draw is shambolic and unacceptable. That's my cause for complaint. He needs to change this outlook of his, and play for a win with wingers on the (Correct) wings. Until he does that, then he's not right for the job IMO.

I'll give him time, but that's not time to win matches or get results. As already stated that's something that I'm not too bothered about anyway as there's a lot of work to be done here and some things will take time. The time I'm giving him is to realise what a muppet he's been at these grounds and set his stall out for a win in our easier away games.

FFS, West Ham showed how it should be done last week - They went to Derby and stuck 5 past them. That's what we should have looked to do. If we failed, so what. I could live with that. What I can't accept is this god-awful long ball, wingerless, let-sneak-a-nil-nil shit we've been served up on the road so far under Sam.

Unforgiveable. blueyes.gif

Against Coventry, Nobby off Speed on.  Went on and won the game 1 - 4.

I remember away at Blackburn... late 80's... 2nd half, Darren Bradshaw came on as a sub and then got subbed about 10 minutes later... wasnt injured.

Plenty of managers would have let him stay on after an awful 15 minutes, which would you prefer?

Plenty of managers would have let him stay on after an awful 15 minutes, which would you prefer?

Got to say, I'm glad he had the balls to admit Cacapa was having a massive shitter by getting him off ASAP.

all this about top 4

liverpool and arsenal are games we shouldnt lose at home

should be looking for 2 draws or 1 win and a draw, i doubt we will get 2 wins

allardyce wont be under as much pressure if he lasts over christmas, liverpool, arsenal, brum, derby at home - should win at least 2 or 3

away blackburn, fulham, wigan, chelsea - 3 of them are winnable games and we should pick up 4 points at least

hes under pressure but i dont think he will be by january

I can't make much sense out of your post, kev.

people saying about not playing the top 4 teams

yes allardyce is under pressure at the minute, but people are saying get rid in the next few games if we fail to win

and i mean something like...we should win a few of our next 8 games which will take the pressure away and more people will stop saying to get rid

does this make any sense?  :razz:

Guest Sniffer

Only if you haven't seen Newcastle play this season.

Pressure? I'd say that there is a good chance that we get turned over in our next three games,  followed by four teams that are prepared to roll their sleeves up that could go either way.

Only if you haven't seen Newcastle play this season.

Pressure? I'd say that there is a good chance that we get turned over in our next three games,  followed by four teams that are prepared to roll their sleeves up that could go either way.

We could lose every game for the rest of the season!