Arshavin linked again

NSG

I’m living in St. Petersburg at the moment and it’s common knowledge here that he’s coming to Toon this January.  Everyone’s telling me he’ll be the answer to our prayers and get us a trophy.  We’ll see… Good player mind.  I’ve watched him quite a few times over the last few years.  He actually reminds me more of Bellamy, but without the attitude and shoulder chip.

I?m living in St. Petersburg at the moment and it?s common knowledge here that he?s coming to Toon this January.  Everyone?s telling me he?ll be the answer to our prayers and get us a trophy.  We?ll see? Good player mind.  I?ve watched him quite a few times over the last few years.  He actually reminds me more of Bellamy, but without the attitude and shoulder chip.

Sounds good.

COme on, FM-tastic posters. Not seen enough "he's got the right blend pf pace and teamworking to make him ideal for us" type postings. Do what you normally do, make this shit up if you have to, just pretend you know what he's like!! The forum seems dead without your sycophantic ramblings.

:lol:

He is not afraid to take players on and will not hesitate to dribble the ball into the box.  Sometimes, I have seen him drift out of a game, but invariably it turned out he was carrying a knock.  Zenit’s real inspiration this season has been their Ukrainian skipper Anatoly Timaschuk.  He’s an out and out midfield player along the lines of Butt and Barton, packs a tremendous shot, and lacks the occasional violent tendency our former Man City player exhibits.  He only joined the club this season and is said to be one of the inspirations behind their successful campaign, but I think that’s a bit high, considering he had a slow start.

Zenit are actually being castigated to an extent by the rest of the country for not playing entertaining football all season, but as Jose showed at Chelsea, it’s the results that count I guess.  It’s also a load of sour grapes from Moscow, since the clubs there believe they have a God given right to win the Premiership every year, and poor Spartak were the bridesmaids for the third season running.

He was skipper when England played in Moscow, but I'm not sure if he's always the skipper.  He's not at Zenit as I said earlier, because Timaschuk is.

sounds to me like the sort of comments people were making when we bought Luque and Boumsong  :clap:

And, going back further, the sort of comments when hopeless supporters of the club seriously thought we had a good club when we sold players like Beardsley and hoped we replaced him with players for a quarter of the price like Mirandhina. Mentioning no names, they know who they are.

In short, it appears to me that the club are lowering their sights and ambitions. But I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

sounds to me like the sort of comments people were making when we bought Luque and Boumsong  :clap:

And, going back further, the sort of comments when hopeless supporters of the club seriously thought we had a good club when we sold players like Beardsley and hoped we replaced him with players for a quarter of the price like Mirandhina. Mentioning no names, they know who they are.

In short, it appears to me that the club are lowering their sights and ambitions. But I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

Robert out Beattie in tbh.

I reckon January would be the best time to sign this guy, I can perceive Allardyce doing what Fergie did with Evra and Vidic.

Thus he could be a bit of a Luque until 2008/09, but then he becomes a bit brilliant, playing in some attacking midfield role in whatever system Allardyce is slowly trying to tune this season.

I reckon January would be the best time to sign this guy, I can perceive Allardyce doing what Fergie did with Evra and Vidic.

Thus he could be a bit of a Luque until 2008/09, but then he becomes a bit brilliant, playing in some attacking midfield role in whatever system Allardyce is slowly trying to tune this season.

Wenger said that Eduardo won't be a regular for at least 6 months as it'll take him that long to adapt to the Premiership.

People expect too much too quickly from foreign players.

Wenger said that Eduardo won't be a regular for at least 6 months as it'll take him that long to adapt to the Premiership.

They play FM and expect it to be the same. You do get the rare exception like Elano but most foreign players do take time to adapt on and off the pitch.

Wenger is definitely one of the better ones for slowly integrating players.

They play FM and expect it to be the same. You do get the rare exception like Elano but most foreign players do take time to adapt on and off the pitch.

Luque? ;)

You seem to be suggesting people are judging the players without having seen them.

That would just be fucking stupid wouldn't it? ;)

COme on, FM-tastic posters. Not seen enough "he's got the right blend pf pace and teamworking to make him ideal for us" type postings. Do what you normally do, make this shit up if you have to, just pretend you know what he's like!! The forum seems dead without your sycophantic ramblings.

:jesuswept:

A lot of people had seen quite a bit of Boumsong & Luque before they came though. With Sky and the internet you can watch just as much of a player in La Liga than what you can see of a player in the Premiership these days.

Thats not gonna go down well with NE5 "Sky boy!".

:razz:

A lot of people had seen quite a bit of Boumsong & Luque before they came though. With Sky and the internet you can watch just as much of a player in La Liga than what you can see of a player in the Premiership these days.

Thats not gonna go down well with NE5 "Sky boy!".

:razz:

me, a sky boy  mackems.gif Have to laugh at people like Baggy thinking he's a good fan because he's seen 100 games and he's in his mid 20's. I'd saw 100 games by the time I was 14.

How many have you seen Jon  ;D