Thigh muscle tear for Owen, out for a month+

Guest nufc 4 life

I think you have to feel bad for the kid because I honestly think he goes out there, gives his all for Newcastle and England without preference for either really, and takes s*** from all sides because he's always injured. It isn't his fault he's injury prone or McLaren plays him in meaningless games. That said, the best thing for NUFC is to part ways with him. This is never going to work out for our club, time to accept our losses and move on.

???

Guest thenorthumbrian

Can anyone be surprised that EMO is injured he's been like this throughout his entire carreer.

In-ger-land can piss right off.

Guest eyeball_tickler

now will most people turn on the little w******?

dont see why people should stick up for him, hes a soft s****

martins viduka upfront  :celb: fantastic

you put viduka in your little dream team there, but owen has played more than viduka. viduka soft as shite?

IF owen could get a season with an un-injured spell, he would bag loads of goals. in terms of all round play, martins isn't fit to lace owen's boots, but in terms of the TEAM, this may have come at the right time for us, where pace is needed vitally.

I wonder what the crowds reaction to him will be when he returns?

He's hardly the fans favourite as it is and this will only go to turn more people against him.

IF owen could get a season with an un-injured spell, he would bag loads of goals. in terms of all round play, martins isn't fit to lace owen's boots, but in terms of the TEAM, this may have come at the right time for us, where pace is needed vitally.

See, people always say this, but surely there is no basis for this in the two and a half seasons he has been with us now? I really feel that when played and supposedly fit Owen hasn't shown to be a class above Martins at all. A lot of the people who rate him as a top quality player (and Martins as a rough diamond) are living in the past. Owen's contribution over his time here has been very, very poor, even when he's played. In fact, I'd compare the situation to Luque who was also regarded a top quality player before he came here. He also was hampered by loads of injuries and never showed his supposed class for us when he was on the pitch. The only difference seems to be the perception of quality; in most people's minds Luque was shit while Owen hasn't played well for us but that is more due to our system and bad management rather than Owen's inherent class.. I think people need to smell the coffee: Owen's days as a top class player have long gone. We have been very unfortunate to buy him at the worst time possible and will take a huge loss on it (financially and performance-wise), but this is a bullet we have to bite: get rid and find somebody who can form a partnership with Martins, who not only currently contributes more to the team (as you correctly point out), but sadly is also a better player than Michael Owen Mk 2007.

It will now be best for both parties if Owen leaves.

He has been a great player for 9 years, but it does appear that he will always pick up these injuries, esp playing for England.

I remain convinced about his ability AND his commitment - I don't believe for one minute that he actually wanted to miss all the games he has for NUFC, but we cannot have a situation like this happening, esp as we are not playing with any pattern or conviction anyway.

It is a sad business, but more so for NUFC - we are unlikely to get anything like a decent price for him, probably half what he could potentially be worth - but clubs like Man U could afford to have him out for a few weeks because they have such a load of talent anyway. We do NOT, and we need our best players on the pitch as often as possible ; if a club like Man U DID sign him, the appearances he did make could possibly mean the difference between title and second place....

Lack of appearances for us simply means less chance of us scoring....

If he goes, we will need to replace him, and replace him with the best striker available - I am not convinced that anyone currently playing for NUFC will be able to score regularly, but that is as much a condemnation of the lack of real chances being created in the past few games as criticism of other strikers.

I believe the best replacement we have any hope of getting could be Ashton, but it may be summer before that could happen - my choice would be Huntelaar, but I don't think we have a prayer.

Its no surpise about Owen,i cannot stand the lad.kill him and bury him under the patio he wont be missed.

Fucking hell mate - he's a footballer not a kiddy rapist.

Shame. Its almost getting inevitable given his recent injury record.

I guess the thoughts running through my mind are;

- Is this how its going to be for the rest of his career? Injury wise?

- If Sam is considering 4-3-3 in the future do we bite the bullet now and write off Owen as anything more than a bit part player?

- Does his clause thing come back into effect for next summers window given that nobody will chance buying him in Jan as he wouldn't have proven his fitness by then?

I genuinely feel for the lad, and seem to remember arguing the point with Gejon over the summer that we should keep him, he's proven quality blah, blah, blah but in reflection maybe Gejon was right.

I still think he's quality but if we can't rely on it then we might as well have a lesser player fit every week.

gutted for him like, to be honest might make it easier for sam to get rid though as he can just play the injury card when talking to mort

I'd rather get rid of Sam as he's crippling the Club.

Yep, ruined all the good work Souness and Roeder did.

There comes a time when even talented players have to be shown the door.

Keyring was kept on 3 years too long before he was shown the door. Quite amazing some people still think he's still worthwhile having spent 8 years and produced very little.

The time has arrived too for Owen, not his fault, unlike Kenny Dire he's been a professional, but he's not going to be any good for us, he's always going to be injured. Get a fee while we can, and bye Michael.

gutted for him like, to be honest might make it easier for sam to get rid though as he can just play the injury card when talking to mort

who do you suggest we bring in instead.. Marcelo Lippi?

Well, he's making the very same mistakes.

Well, he's making the very same mistakes.

If he left now we would be a lot better off than we were after Souness and Roeder

My total disregard for England has now become hatred.

I've gone from not giving a shit about whether they win, to hoping that they lose.

If Owen had any balls about him he'd do a Shearer / Scholes / Carragher and tell the national side to fuck off.

The Ingerland Uber fans would do a scouse if EMO were to declare his retirement, there'd be shrines put up all round the new wemberley!

Theres one problem here.  There isnt a club on earth will pay Owen the wages he is on here, with the exception maybe of Newcastle Rejects down in London.  So the get rid argument doesnt stand up.  Accept we have bought a pup and build the team based on Owen being a sub at best.

He has been a great player for 9 years, but it does appear that he will always pick up these injuries, esp playing for England.

I remain convinced about his ability AND his commitment - I don't believe for one minute that he actually wanted to miss all the games he has for NUFC, but we cannot have a situation like this happening, esp as we are not playing with any pattern or conviction anyway.

It is a sad business, but more so for NUFC - we are unlikely to get anything like a decent price for him, probably half what he could potentially be worth - but clubs like Man U could afford to have him out for a few weeks because they have such a load of talent anyway. We do NOT, and we need our best players on the pitch as often as possible ; if a club like Man U DID sign him, the appearances he did make could possibly mean the difference between title and second place....

If he goes, we will need to replace him, and replace him with the best striker available - I am not convinced that anyone currently playing for NUFC will be able to score regularly, but that is as much a condemnation of the lack of real chances being created in the past few games as criticism of other strikers.

I believe the best replacement we have any hope of getting could be Ashton, but it may be summer before that could happen - my choice would be Huntelaar, but I don't think we have a prayer.

Not as good as Kuyt according to me Dutch mate. Think again.

Agree with every word merlin, and I'm not being funny, but as for the bit in bold, it will be interesting to see how a new player in that bracket would be considered if such a player arrives at SJP. A "trophy signing", or a quality footballer, such is the hypocrisy and lack of understanding of some people, I suspect.