Jaaskelainen

olliemort
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harper out. Jussi in.

Baffles me how anyone could possibly rate Harper above Jussi or Given.  :undecided:

i doubt jussi would come as a back up

Concurred, but Harper has been happy to sit on the bench for 7 years.

Rather Jussi than harper tbh. He'd provide competition at least... :rolleyes:

Harper out. Jussi in.

Baffles me how anyone could possibly rate Harper above Jussi or Given.  :undecided:

i doubt jussi would come as a back up

Concurred, but Harper has been happy to sit on the bench for 7 years.

Rather Jussi than harper tbh. He'd provide competition at least... :rolleyes:

yes but harper is "home" so is happy.to be honest the keepers are the least of our worries so far,neither are the players. the formations and tactics have me shit scared week after week .

No chance of selling Harper, unless its to bench warm at the scum or boro. He's already proven he's happy to sit on his ass here.

Sell Given (£8m) bring in Jussi on a free. Given is a great shot stopper but doesn't have any leadership skills.

I think Jussi could end up at Manure/Arsenal/Spurs as well tho.

Talk about exaggerate, he's not that good and he's been injury prone for the last 18 months, how can you rely on someone like that?

wHAT?Ok whose  being better besides Cech?Ya since the star trek fucker nearly killed him!I would,he has being out for any serious amount of time!Im confident that Sam and his team can sort it!

Sorry if I'm being dim. Star Trek fucker?

Talk about exaggerate, he's not that good and he's been injury prone for the last 18 months, how can you rely on someone like that?

wHAT?Ok whose  being better besides Cech?Ya since the star trek fucker nearly killed him!I would,he has being out for any serious amount of time!Im confident that Sam and his team can sort it!

Think he means Lescott

Replacing Given with Jussi would be beyond stupid, and i don't think it'd really be worth the hassle replacing Harper with him, either. He'd probably cost a bit, and we'd get nowt for Harper. And we don't really need him, and he's older than both of our current ones.

Wouldn't be interested, personally.

Replacing Given with Jussi would be beyond stupid, and i don't think it'd really be worth the hassle replacing Harper with him, either. He'd probably cost a bit, and we'd get nowt for Harper. And we don't really need him, and he's older than both of our current ones.

Wouldn't be interested, personally.

Jaaskelainen is a far better keeper than Harper though, I can also see the benefits of having him here over Given, the main one being that he comes out and collects crosses quite easily where as Given usually stays rooted to his line.

With Given having become injury prone over the past 18 months we would be stupid not to strengthen that area of the pitch with a free transfer as good as him.

Think he means Lescott

Harewood?

Guest optimistic nit

I'm not really interested in what he's done for Ireland, he's been poor for us all season though and didn't deserve to get his place back from Harper, i'm not sure why he's playing for Ireland in a pointless match either when he's been on the sick for us. Jussi was the best keeper in the Premiership last year imo and I'd happily have him here.

he's playd 4 games :lol: only conceded 7 as well, not exactly terrible, and he could do nowt for the 3 scored by citeh for starters.

Guest optimistic nit

shows how much loyalty you get up here doesn't it. our best player for nigh on 10 years yet you get a couple of injuries and a couple of average performances (no worse than anything harper produced during his games) and you're shit, we want rid. 2 years ago how many of us were shit scared he'd hand in a transfer request and fuck off to arsenal?

i'm ashamed and embarrassed at the shortness of our memories tbh, best fans in the league, as if, "nothing special" try sayingg that 2 years ago.

Can't actually believe that some on here preffer Jaaskelainen to Given    :idiot2: 

Yes lets fuck up the one area of the team that is actually world class and fuck it up to match the rest of the team  O0  Great idea lads  :lol:  If Big Sam does this and it backfires on us as expected then he deserves the sack.  :coolsmiley:

Given could certainly use some competition, and we most certainly could do with the cover, Harper is average at best, i wouldn't mind letting him go for free if we could bring in Jussi for nothing at the end of the season (or possibly a swap to allow the deal to go through in the winter window)

I'm not really interested in what he's done for Ireland, he's been poor for us all season though and didn't deserve to get his place back from Harper, i'm not sure why he's playing for Ireland in a pointless match either when he's been on the sick for us. Jussi was the best keeper in the Premiership last year imo and I'd happily have him here.

he's playd 4 games :lol: only conceded 7 as well, not exactly terrible, and he could do nowt for the 3 scored by citeh for starters.

He's been poor this season no matter how many games he's played, whether it's putting in his own net against Everton, getting outjumped by Anichebe which nearly cost us a goal, the Cacapa back pass moment where he didn't bother coming to collect, even Andy Johnsons goal where he stayed on his line rather than coming to intercept the cross.

He's been average for 18 months and the great saves he used to make are few and far between, the amount of times our back is put under pressure because he doesn't come and collect crosses very often has always been a worry and it's something Allardyce will look to sort.

shows how much loyalty you get up here doesn't it. our best player for nigh on 10 years yet you get a couple of injuries and a couple of average performances (no worse than anything harper produced during his games) and you're shit, we want rid. 2 years ago how many of us were shit scared he'd hand in a transfer request and fuck off to arsenal?

i'm ashamed and embarrassed at the shortness of our memories tbh, best fans in the league, as if, "nothing special" try sayingg that 2 years ago.

And it's sentimental bollocks like that that made us suffer watching Shearer plod around for 2 years after his sell by date.

"With Given having become injury prone over the past 18 months we would be stupid not to strengthen that area of the pitch with a free transfer as good as him"

Remind me how many games he has played in the past 18 months.  Its like banging your head off a brick wall with some people on here

"With Given having become injury prone over the past 18 months we would be stupid not to strengthen that area of the pitch with a free transfer as good as him"

Remind me how many games he has played in the past 18 months.  Its like banging your head off a brick wall with some people on here

How can anyone deny that he's been injury prone, for a goalkeeper anyway, since that Harewood injury?When have Harper and Given EVER had 50%* of the season each since they've both been here?

He's been poor this season no matter how many games he's played, whether it's putting in his own net against Everton, getting outjumped by Anichebe which nearly cost us a goal, the Cacapa back pass moment where he didn't bother coming to collect, even Andy Johnsons goal where he stayed on his line rather than coming to intercept the cross.

He's been average for 18 months and the great saves he used to make are few and far between, the amount of times our back is put under pressure because he doesn't come and collect crosses very often has always been a worry and it's something Allardyce will look to sort.

Disagree with both your posts. Given has had one bad game and that was Everton, no others and as for slating shearer that's pretty much laughable  :lol:   

Disagree with both your posts. Given has had one bad game and that was Everton, no others and as for slating shearer that's pretty much laughable  :lol:   

Perhaps you should watch more football then because Shearer should have retired 2 years before he did.