Andy Carroll, Again

Newcastle Fan

Just a thought but wouldn't he be back by January?

I think we should try and give him a run in the team..he seems decent enough and can't be worse than Ameobi!

Shola may not be the best but that is a very daft comment.

If we are relying on him and one or two of the other 'kids' we have after the January window then we will do well to finish top half.

Prefer her in the first team tbh

http://www.ludemancentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/nigella_2.jpg

Still rather have Shola than Carrol

I find that surprising.  Shola has more than had his chance and his presence is probably going to hinder Carroll's progress over the next few years.

The sooner Shola moves one the better it will be for all parties

You're probably right when i come to think of it.

I find that surprising.  Shola has more than had his chance and his presence is probably going to hinder Carroll's progress over the next few years.

Wasn't that what hindered Ameobi's progress? Being here as back up when we had the likes of Shearer, Bellamy, Lua Lua and Cort at the club rather than sending him out on loan to get games under his belt?

Is Carroll ever going to be good enough? I don't know but he'll stand a better chance of developing as a player playing every week in the Championship rather than sitting on our bench/playing in the reserves just so we can get rid of Shola.

Wasn't that what hindered Ameobi's progress? Being here as back up when we had the likes of Shearer, Bellamy, Lua Lua and Cort at the club rather than sending him out on loan to get games under his belt?

Is Carroll ever going to be good enough? I don't know but he'll stand a better chance of developing as a player playing every week in the Championship rather than sitting on our bench/playing in the reserves just so we can get rid of Shola.

I know what you mean, best thing probably is for Carroll to stay out on loan for the minute.  My point was more in response to who Jamie would rather have here

Shola has played over 200 games for us - His progress has been hindered by his own ineptness as a footballer, not by his lack of first team opportunities.

Shola has played over 200 games for us - His progress has been hindered by his own ineptness as a footballer, not by his lack of first team opportunities.

And 94 of them have been from the bench, which is the only action Carroll would see if he came back from his loan.

Carroll will learn a lot more by spending a season or two on loan and playing every week rather than on our bench, Shola would have benefited if given the opportunity too.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

dont for one second think we will not be signing 1, or even 2 strikers in january. As i have said before, i firmly believe the crouch deal is all but signed, and id personally love to see somebody in the mould of diouf sign. We are clearly playing 4-5-1 no matter what, so get the players to fit it

I'm pretty sure that Andy Carroll won't be playing for England by the time he's 20 and the majority of the Newcastle supporters will therefore write him off as crap.

It's far easier for Allardyce to go and buy some unknown foriegner who will end up doing okay for a few games. As soon as the unknown foriegner is mentioned inthe press everyone will rush to CM and say how great he is, and everyone will be happy.

That we continue to produce nowt form the academy will not matter, we've got Ashley's money, we're okay

I'm pretty sure that Andy Carroll won't be playing for England by the time he's 20 and the majority of the Newcastle supporters will therefore write him off as crap.

It's far easier for Allardyce to go and buy some unknown foriegner who will end up doing okay for a few games. As soon as the unknown foriegner is mentioned inthe press everyone will rush to CM and say how great he is, and everyone will be happy.

That we continue to produce nowt form the academy will not matter, we've got Ashley's money, we're okay

The reason he won't be playing for England isn't because he's crap (although he's not going to pull any trees up, is he).

Is Carroll better than this unknown foreigner you mention?

He will never be a top striker but i could see him being a decent championship player, someone like chopra but a taller version, good in championship and s**** in premiership

:lol:

He will never be a top striker but i could see him being a decent championship player, someone like chopra but a taller version, good in championship and shite in premiership

There's no way we've seen enough of him to make an assumption like that.

Doesn't seem to do Krul any harm.

He will never be a top striker but i could see him being a decent championship player, someone like chopra but a taller version, good in championship and shite in premiership

There's no way we've seen enough of him to make an assumption like that.

Doesn't seem to do Krul any harm.

He's always been world class though and always will be ;)

Guest Stephen927

Could be in with a chance of a few first team opportunities while Martin is away. I doubt Owen and Viduka will manage to stay fit and Sam seems to prefers Smith in midfield.

Saying that though, Ameobi will probably get the go ahead.