Newcastle Form and Big Sam

Decky

Currently 2 nil down against Liverpool so that game looks like its over tbh, that would be 1 point out of a possible 12, with Blackburn and Arsenal to come, we are at danger of going to 1 point out of 18 AT LEAST, thats form that costs managers their job. I still back Big Sam, but we are terrible right now, we look like clueless relegation fodder (not saying thats gonna happen). If we go to 1 out of 18, can Sam survive? People say be patient as we are a team in rebuilding, but i say fuck that, we have good enough players to be doing better than this, just because we are rebuilding does that mean we play players out of position? Does that mean we play dog shit tactics? Does that mean we go to Reading, Derby and Sunderland playing for a draw? Does it fuck! Big Sam needs to get his fucking finger out, we are all sick of this, recent 4 games:

Liverpool at home

Sunderland away

Portsmouth at home

Reading away

There should be 3 wins at least there tbh.

Just heard on the radio the fans giving huge boos to Sam's decision to take Emre off, the fans are clearly turning.

He's not helping his own cause at all.

Negative approach, even when we're losing he still hasn't the balls to take some chances.

Fans would be a lot more supportive if we at least tried to go out and play some good football, we know that we're in transition as a team and for the most part we'll be happy to give him time to get it right, so long as there's some sort of desire being shown.

But when we're basically going out week after week and basically just trying to kill the game without any apparent attempt to impose our own ideas on it, then fans won't be happy, and rightfully so.

Much as it does seem folly to sack him after such a short period in charge, I can't say I'll be upset in the least if we do it.

Guest maddog2

He had an entire summer to build his squad - and if he can't build a squad that can finish in the top half, he clearly should go.

Was not too thrilled when he was appointed either, would have much preferred Sven.

I can't actually believe how bad we've been on the pitch this season.

An easy start has masked what has been a very poor performance from SA, its going to kick in now, and the following fixtures. Bottom half finish unless we do some serious spending in the window. To think were going to lose 4 of our best players to the ANC is just sickening.

He had an entire summer to build his squad - and if he can't build a squad that can finish in the top half, he clearly should go.

Was not too thrilled when he was appointed either, would have much preferred Sven.

We did build that squad, its Sam's tactics.

Guest maddog2

What exactly do you mean... whose decision it was to replace Dyer (even though he hardly plays) with Smith. And selling Solano? Who would you rather have on the right, Geremi or Solano?

Of course I note that he was the first manager to actually try and build a defence, and he has suceeded somewhat... but his buys and sales in the rest of the areas were terrible.

His tactics have just compounded the problem - he hasn't shown much adaptability. He can only play the long ball... oh sorry, I mean "long pass"... nevermind that Viduka isn't exactly Kevin Davies and Martins/Owens are not aerial players.

What exactly do you mean... whose decision it was to replace Dyer (even though he hardly plays) with Smith. And selling Solano? Who would you rather have on the right, Geremi or Solano?

I mean our current squad is definately good enough to finish in the top half, also selling Dyer and Solano wasnt avoidable as they wanted to leave, what can you do when they want to live?

He's not helping his own cause at all.

Negative approach, even when we're losing he still hasn't the balls to take some chances.

Fans would be a lot more supportive if we at least tried to go out and play some good football, we know that we're in transition as a team and for the most part we'll be happy to give him time to get it right, so long as there's some sort of desire being shown.

But when we're basically going out week after week and basically just trying to kill the game without any apparent attempt to impose our own ideas on it, then fans won't be happy, and rightfully so.

Much as it does seem folly to sack him after such a short period in charge, I can't say I'll be upset in the least if we do it.

:thup:

Guest maddog2

I mean our current squad is definately good enough to finish in the top half, also selling Dyer and Solano wasnt avoidable as they wanted to leave, what can you do when they want to live?

You can buy attacking players to replace them, instead of Smith and Geremi...

You can buy attacking players to replace them, instead of Smith and Geremi...

No one is going to argue with you about Smith but i didnt see anyone complaining when we got Geremi

Can't see people turning down England and then joining Newcastle.

Maybe they would rather a club than a national side?

In which case they are better off at the club they are already at.

England is turning into a choice between Capello, Klinnsman and Shearer.

I can only see one of those being in the frame for us.

For Newcastle, it would be a choice between Shearer, McClaren and Jewell.

Hard to take but we need to stick with allardyce..

Quite why he cant find a football team out of all the players we have I have no idea. It will click in time, but with shit like today on show he isnt going to get enough of what he desires.

Is he tinkering too much? I hope so because I thought he was just trying to get results this season whilst slowly implimenting his ideas.

If these are his tactics to get results, things are ominous to say the least.

In which case they are better off at the club they are already at.

England is turning into a choice between Capello, Klinnsman and Shearer.

I can only see one of those being in the frame for us.

For Newcastle, it would be a choice between Shearer, McClaren and Jewell.

Completely disagree, the foundations and money are here, we could attract a quality manager with a big money contract, something we can afford to dish out.

If we just tried <i>at all</i>. We just didn't look like we were <i>trying</i>, never mind trying playing <i>good</i> football. We look unfit.

Completely, too slow to the punch, no closing down, far too sloppy on control and possession was even more lacking than the entertainment.

Guest sittingontheball

We shouldn't assume the worst, but the board would be wise to listen to Sam's (non-media) version of events, where he thinks the deficiencies lie, and what he wants to do about it. For his sake, I hope he can reply convincingly.

We shouldn't assume the worst, but the board would be wise to listen to Sam's (non-media) version of events, where he thinks the deficiencies lie, and what he wants to do about it. For his sake, I hope he can reply convincingly.

Surely he would of had to say that already considering previous results?

The abuse was loud and cleat today Ashley will not ignore that, I fully expect Sam to be told his job is on the line.

Most of the ground sang the "you don't know what your doing" chant, and "Big Sam for England" it was a clear message from the fans!!

I think its given Ashley the perfect exscuse to sack him, as I do not think he really wanted him in the first place..