Nail your colours to the mast: Sack or No Sack?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To the 20% who think Allardyce should be sacked today, and to the 20% who would have him sacked in January:

If you were Ashley and you had just sacked Allardyce, who would be the top 3 names on your shortlist to replace him? 

depends how much (if any) ashley is prepared to put in. he could tempt prctically who he wanted if he was to guarantee them a £200million transfer kitty for example. saying you have to generate your own funds may find it more difficuilt to tempt a name.

Everyone has a billionaire owner these days though.  And it is very unlikely that Ashley is going to triple the budget of the top 4.  You can't reasonably expect him to wager a good chunk of his fortune on new signings.  So let's assume a substantial budget, but in line with spending of other top 7 clubs.

I'm just curious what names people have in mind.  Are we talking Mark Hughes?  Jol?  Mourinho?  Capello?

Because trying to look at this objectively, Newcastle would have to be one of the least attractive jobs in the Premiership for a top manager.  What incentive is there? 

Big salary - fine, but you can get that anywhere in Europe. 

Transfer budget - higher than most rivals, but they also have billionaire owners, and why would top players sign for a mid-table club? 

Any manager would know that there is no chance of long term success, and that they would have to produce short term results with the squad they have and as soon as they arrive.  Would they move their family knowing that they are statistically very likely to be out of a job in 12 months time?

Newcastle United manager is a tough job at the moment; sack Sam, and it becomes the dead end of football management.  Anyone qualified and competent wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.  Why would they?

thats the whole point, so everyone has a billionaire owner but liverpool are regining in the spending and lerner hasn't splashed chelseas style cash about.

if ashley is planning on putting up serious cash he can attract very good quality.

oh an what incentive is there ?  to create something like keegan did and how is he thought of. to turn a huge club into a winning one.....to succeed where everyone else has failed. if a manager has self faith NUFC with the backing should be close to thetop of the list in england given that ferguson or wenger look unlike moving.

In real trouble now. A poor performance and defeat against Arsenal could seal his fate now.

and not before time, come on Arsenal

f*** you prick!!!

is that abuse mods?

Is that trying to get somebody banned?

I hope not because that brings about the same fate as you were looking for.

not at  all, I'm just asking if thats allowed, seems it is

yeah, its allowed, now run along and fuck off

In real trouble now. A poor performance and defeat against Arsenal could seal his fate now.

f*** you prick!!!

is that abuse mods?

Is that trying to get somebody banned?

I hope not because that brings about the same fate as you were looking for.

not at  all, I'm just asking if thats allowed, seems it is

yeah, its allowed, now run along and f*** off

fucking hell, another downer pipes up  :iamatwat:

f*** me, the people biting at Elan must be nearly as slow as he is.

Some of you lot need to have a f****** look at yourselves, it's bloody pathetic. Grow up.

whys that? because anyone that expresses opinions that appear to be ridiculous is obviously being sarcastic or a wind up? you can usually tell from tone, isnt it just a tiny possibility that he's genuinely hoping we lose against arsenal so that sam is sacked, and does infact deserve to be told to fuck off, would you care to explain whats pathetic about that?

Anyway back to the topic! Sack or no sack, erm well obviously I prefer them without but as long as she is pretty hot I can live with it.

That was what this thread was about wasn't it?  :undecided:

Are you on something? :lol: Your posts seem to have gone hyper all of a sudden.

Sums up everything that's wrong with the people who claim to support this club, how f****** pathetic.

think about the greater good

Joey Barton was talking about you in particular I think

I think Sam's made a complete balls up of the season so far but I hope he can turn it round because the man has character and a big persona. Whether he's tuned in to the right way of setting up a team to play at the top level is still in doubt.

I don't want him sacked and i don't think he will be, Mort mentioned stability as something which is very important, 12 games in and people are wanting him gone already?

Fair enough the football may not have been great, but he's teaching a whole team including foreign players new tactics,

Things will pick up again, and people who were quick to criticize will be praising him.