Nail your colours to the mast: Sack or No Sack?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok then mick, what's your (and all the rest of you saying get rid) solution then?

It's a piece of piss to say: "sack the manager", but that in itself solves precisely f*** all. You need to be able to bring in someone better and give them what they need to be successful. Who and how, do you suggest?

It is a piece of piss to say sack him, it's just as easy to say keep him.  What is he doing now to suggest we should keep him and things are going to improve?

I'd seriously ask Bobby Robson to have a word in the ear of his old mate from Portugal to see if he was interested in a return to the Premiership, I'm sure Bobby wanted to bring him here but Mourinho wasn't willing to hang around waiting for Bobby to retire. 

give him time to get a bigger group of players that are his signings, time to drill the players into the formations he wants to use, just, you know, some time, to turn things around, i dont like it either mate, that was s*** today, but just give the bloke a chance

regarding the smith situation, yeah, maybe he hasnt got the balls to pick his own team, i dont know, i just find it too much of a coincidence that on the one hand, sam has a good record in this league, which surely must corrolate with the ability to see who should be playing where, and yet, smith has done nothing all season playing either wide or in centre mid and he continues to be played.....and the guy that pays everyones wages, AND ALL HIS MINDERS, wear smith shirts every week, he was on the front cover of the nufc annual for fucks sake!

9 of the players are his signings and he doesn't appear to know what to do with them, I've seen nothing to suggest that giving him more of his own signings will help.

Ok then mick, what's your (and all the rest of you saying get rid) solution then?

It's a piece of piss to say: "sack the manager", but that in itself solves precisely f*** all. You need to be able to bring in someone better and give them what they need to be successful. Who and how, do you suggest?

It is a piece of piss to say sack him, it's just as easy to say keep him.  What is he doing now to suggest we should keep him and things are going to improve?

I'd seriously ask Bobby Robson to have a word in the ear of his old mate from Portugal to see if he was interested in a return to the Premiership, I'm sure Bobby wanted to bring him here but Mourinho wasn't willing to hang around waiting for Bobby to retire.

And if he isn't?

As for your first question: not a lot, that's immediately visible from the outside, but like I've said, why is that? Why isn't Sam behaving like we know he normally would?

It's not easy to say keep him on actually, because that needs backbone and commitment to make things work. We could keep going for the easy route of sacking the manager every time things didn't instantly work out perfectly, letting the pressure off by using him as a scape goat and placating the fans with the usual bounce effect that a new boss brings to a club, but wouldn't that be exactly what Fat Fred used to do? Aren't you the same Mick that criticised him for doing just that? Rightly so, in my opinion.

give him time to get a bigger group of players that are his signings, time to drill the players into the formations he wants to use, just, you know, some time, to turn things around, i dont like it either mate, that was s*** today, but just give the bloke a chance

regarding the smith situation, yeah, maybe he hasnt got the balls to pick his own team, i dont know, i just find it too much of a coincidence that on the one hand, sam has a good record in this league, which surely must corrolate with the ability to see who should be playing where, and yet, smith has done nothing all season playing either wide or in centre mid and he continues to be played.....and the guy that pays everyones wages, AND ALL HIS MINDERS, wear smith shirts every week, he was on the front cover of the nufc annual for fucks sake!

9 of the players are his signings and he doesn't appear to know what to do with them, I've seen nothing to suggest that giving him more of his own signings will help.

Just to keep you honest, Mick: how have you voted?

That's a point, but do you think that's all that's wrong?

For it to be, there needs to be some serious interference from the board into his running of the team going on behind the scenes. If that's the case then that's really worrying.

I honestly don't think Allardyce would allow anybody to have any say in who he picks, he went mad just because we were rumoured to be looking at Keegan as a DOF.

Patience is they key to success.

I've lost count the amount of times I've seen managers who seemed certain for the chop at other clubs, only for their board to keep them, HAVE FAITH and he 9/10 times came good in the end.

Seems most Newcastle fans just don't realise what patience will bring because we've never had it at NUFC.....obviously at the end of the season if we're fighting for our lives then theres more cause for concern but to even start a thread about sacking him now is laughable at best.

I've lost count the amount of times I've seen managers who seemed certain for the chop at other clubs, only for their board to keep them, HAVE FAITH and he 9/10 times came good in the end.

Seems most Newcastle fans just don't realise what patience will bring because we've never had it at NUFC.....obviously at the end of the season if we're fighting for our lives then theres more cause for concern but to even start a thread about sacking him now is laughable at best.

That isn't the purpose of this thread. I just wanted everyone to state their position.

And if he isn't?

As for your first question: not a lot, that's immediately visible from the outside, but like I've said, why is that? Why isn't Sam behaving like we know he normally would?

I've already said that we should wait until the end of the season and then if things show no signs of improving then we should make the change.

As for his behaviour, he's out of the small town comfort zone of Bolton and hasn't a clue what to do, at least it looks that way to me.

Keegan and Robson were right for the job and we did have faith in them, the ones who were not shown faith were not up for the job and giving the wrong man more time will not help at all.

I voted for the 2nd last option although I'd change January for May unless somebody who was obviously better came earlier.  I can’t see any point in sacking him for the sake of it, we haven't been too good at that historically.

I voted for the 2nd last option although I'd change January for May unless somebody who was obviously better came earlier.  I can’t see any point in sacking him for the sake of it, we haven't been too good at that historically.

But you've essentially lost confidence in him? How will he win you around?

And if he isn't?

I've already said that we should wait until the end of the season and then if things show no signs of improving then we should make the change.

As for his behaviour, he's out of the small town comfort zone of Bolton and hasn't a clue what to do, at least it looks that way to me.

I seem to have edited my post whilst you were posting so here's my edit again:

It's not easy to say keep him on actually, because that needs backbone and commitment to make things work. We could keep going for the easy route of sacking the manager every time things didn't instantly work out perfectly, letting the pressure off by using him as a scape goat and placating the fans with the usual bounce effect that a new boss brings to a club, but wouldn't that be exactly what Fat Fred used to do? Aren't you the same Mick that criticised him for doing just that? Rightly so, in my opinion.

No: Sack him if he fails to turn things around by end of the season.

If he keeps on with these simply fucking woeful decisions then I'll start to want him out, because there's nothing that suggests he will change. It's easy to say give him time but these decisions are awful and if he keeps making them then that warrants a sacking. If he was to start playing players in their right positions and stopped with the mind boggling subs then that would buy him some time in my book. At least look like you're trying to change things and learning.

I remember when roeder was here last year, and I was supportive of him, despite all of his obvious shortcomings.  With allardyce, the only thing he has done better is bought well (maybe just more prolificly?), but his onfield tactics are probably just as bad or worse than anything we saw under roeder or souness. I'm not going to take the position i took last time, which was "support the manager no matter what".  The mistakes allardyce is making are pretty pathetic given his time in the game, and he has shown no sign of imporving, despite the innevitable "we will change things around next time" bit on .cock. Honestly, get him out as soon as possible, try for someone like morinhou, but even a lesser manager would be much more competent than what allardyce has shown so far.

But you've essentially lost confidence in him? How will he win you around?

I'd like to think he had confidence in his own ability and that's something I think he's lacking.  He should decide his tactics and best 11 and stick with it.  I'm not his biggest fan but would back him if I felt he knew what he was doing.

I really want Sam to do well and I was more excited when we appointed him charge than either Rodent or Soumess, however the football today was just fucking awful and I am struggling to see how is going to turn it around with the next few fixtures all being difficult.

I seem to have edited my post whilst you were posting so here's my edit again:

Keeping the wrong man on doesn't make it more right than getting rid.

I've only complained about one sacking as being wrong and that was Robson and I feel more strongly about that with every season that goes by. I thought Allardyce was a good appointment for us when he came because of the state of the club, that changed even before a ball was kicked, I felt that he may be the wrong man when we were bought out and money didn't appear to be as much of an issue as it was before.

I'm not Allardyce will be used as a scape goat if he's replaced as he's in charge of his own destiny.  It's his decisions which are putting him under pressure, nobody else’s as far as I can see.