Peter Crouch

Kev

Are people still seriously discussing this non-issue? He's not the player we want, end of.

Are you trying to say that KK doesn't want him or you don't want him?

If your saying that you don't want him, then i disagree with your judgement.

Agreed, he's the best we could probably get at the moment.  Be canny seeing him standing next to Martins and Owen as a front three.

Are people still seriously discussing this non-issue? He's not the player we want, end of.

Are you trying to say that KK doesn't want him or you don't want him?

If your saying that you don't want him, then i disagree with your judgement.

Agreed, he's the best we could probably get at the moment.  Be canny seeing him standing next to Martins and Owen as a front three.

Absolutely and thats what strikers are about, having variety to test the opposition as much as possible.

Guest elpapi

Gomis signing an extension at Saint-Etienne until 2012 with obvious payrise... probably staying one more year... crouch it is then?  :doh:

I could see Crouch becoming an absolute legend. People need to see past the "bean--pole" striker thing, cause there is so much more to his game. I think he's got everything a striker needs, except an awesome burst of pace perhaps, but his technique and ball control are from what I see pretty damn good.

Although Redknapp says there has been Pompey contact with Liverpool, I'm sure there will be.

That's where I expect Crouchie to be at the start of the season.

Of course you do, it because you full of shit.

I could see Crouch becoming an absolute legend. People need to see past the "bean--pole" striker thing, cause there is so much more to his game. I think he's got everything a striker needs, except an awesome burst of pace perhaps, but his technique and ball control are from what I see pretty damn good.

You are joking aren't you? The guy isn't fit enough to last 90 minutes (hence Benitez's increased reluctance to start him), partly due to his lifestyle choices. If you're happy to attract players without a good work ethic, who don't have world-class skills to compensate, then so be it; however, I'd much rather our management team took all aspects of a player into account when signing them.

PC isn't exactly a 'team player' - we don't want to be signing players who may upset the dressing room, Keegan's got enough on his plate already.

PS: I sincerley hope he ends up at Portsmouth, Redknapp loves 'characters' in his dressing room and he knows Crouch from Southampton, so he'll know what to expect. As for his skills as a footballer, he's a decent premiership player but he's never going to set the world alight, see John Carew at Villa - good player, sometimes unplayable but has also trawled his taller-than-average frame around several clubs.

He'll be looking for similar, if not improved wages, to leave Liverpool - despite his chirpings about first team football. As for resale value, it'll take a couple of seasons for him to do anything at the club (i.e. prove himself a consistent 14-18 goals/season player with regular starts) by which point - do we really want to sell? and if we do, will he really be worth more than £8million (an incredulous figure already)?

I've attempted to offer a balanced view of the player, but that's about as far as it gets...he's decent but nothing you can't find elsewhere for half the price and with something to prove. Crouch, unfortunately for his career, seems to think he 'made it' when Liverpool signed him

he also lacks goals, which is a small issue we need to consider.

dailymailonline says ...

'O'Neill ready to accept Crouch and £8m in swap deal for Barry from Aston Villa to Liverpool'

Better deal for Villa if true.

Surely Barry is worth more than £10million?

dailymailonline says ...

'O'Neill ready to accept Crouch and £8m in swap deal for Barry from Aston Villa to Liverpool'

Load of shite this story.

I know the fee we're going to tell them we want has been decided (not playing the ITK card, but don't ask, I can't divulge) and it is a much bigger package than that.

dailymailonline says ...

Load of s**** this story.

I know the fee we're going to tell them we want has been decided (not playing the ITK card, but don't ask, I can't divulge) and it is a much bigger package than that.

Good for you!

Liverpool takes the piss with what they ask for their players so take them to the cleaners.

dailymailonline says ...

I think Crouch is worth more than 2m.

dailymailonline says ...

Good.

We really need to avoid Crouch.

Crouch would be an awesome signing for us. I don't understand how people can say he's not good enough tbh. I think between him and Bent, Crouch would bring more to the team. Like people have said though, chances of him coming here may be almost thinner than him.

Bent has the better scoring record and is 3 years younger, I'd have him in over Crouch any day of the week. 

I think most people would i think he is the best most realistic forward available

Whenever I've seen Crouch he has impressed me - holds the ball up well and has good control and doesn't end to give it a way as much as all of our forwards and midfielders (save for Owen).

Hadn't heard about his Kluivert-like lifestyle though, but if its true then I agree we need to stay clear. Just read Clough's autobiography again and he made a lot of sense about him and Peter Taylor looking into a players background before they signed him - if we had done that with a lot of the shite we have signed I'm sure we wouldn't be in the mess we're in