Blackburn Rovers 3 - 1 Newcastle - 01/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

Plenty of effort, but precious little else.

Balls, to be honest. A little bit soft at the back, but there were moments of quality and decent partnerships out there today.

No, just an opinion that differs from yours.

Atleast he backed his up.

Agree with Keefaz. It was much more promising. When Barton is firing on all cylinders, that midfield could work. That's all we lacked in the midfield i think, the bit of quality that i reckon Barton can provide once he's properly going for it. He looked much better and fitter today.

Martins and Smith worked, too.

Guest Geordiesned

Just back from watching it in the pub. Can't quite believe we lost! Martins missing a sitter from 6 yards at 1-1 cost us dearly.

How ******************** is Rozehnal?

antiinstitutionalist?

counterrevolutionary?

disestablismentarian?

electrocardiographic?

Nah, I don't know, what is he?

Whatever the word is, he's probably right. Ideally, there's no way Rozehnal should be starting matches like this.

Didn't deserve to lose.

our defence is a disgrace, until we sort it we don't deserve to win

Harsh to blame the defence when it sounded like both Bentley's goals were unstoppable and Tugays was when we had pushed on, maybe an error by Beye, but I'll wait and see it before I judge it.

last 2 goals were a disgrace

Guest optimistic nit

tudgay is a fucking diving cunt by the way, just needed to say that. oh no, barton brushed my arm with his shoulder, better go down, what, their not putting the ball out, better stay down and get the FUCKING phsio to come on, what for? a broken eyelash? they had the cheek to boo us for not putting the ball out as well. don't see why our players dont all fall down with 5 minutes to play and refuse to get up until the final whistle is blown if that is considered unsporting.

antiinstitutionalist?

counterrevolutionary?

disestablismentarian?

electrocardiographic?

:D

Not a bad performance or owt.  Impressed with Martins, Barton and Smith.

We need more pace going down the wings and we'd be a much bigger attacking threat.

He battled like fuck today, even when he was lying on the ground he was still fighting for the ball and surprisingly still kept it. He should however of finished the second chance he had but I'd keep him in the team ahead of Owen.

Guest optimistic nit

antiinstitutionalist?

counterrevolutionary?

disestablismentarian?

electrocardiographic?

if by the second one you mean backward, then you're right.

Didn't deserve to lose.

Harsh to blame the defence when it sounded like both Bentley's goals were unstoppable and Tugays was when we had pushed on, maybe an error by Beye, but I'll wait and see it before I judge it.

The first one was a soft free-kick and an unstoppable free-kick.

The second one was poor defending.

The third was the product of 'pushing everyone forward + fast counter-attacking opposition'. I'm not going to slate the defense for that third goal and it was irrelevant (inevitable) anyway.

Guest sittingontheball

Much better.  A string of errors gave them the second goal though, which was disappointing. Third doesn't matter so much.

If we can play like this, we'll get results.

Great support from the fans.

Mega howler from Titus to see on MOTD btw.

Much better.  A string of errors gave them the second goal though, which was disappointing. Third doesn't matter so much.

If we can play like this, we'll get results.

Great support from the fans.

Mega howler from Titus to see on MOTD btw.

Aye, back to his best :lol:

tudgay is a fucking diving cunt by the way, just needed to say that. oh no, barton brushed my arm with his shoulder, better go down, what, their not putting the ball out, better stay down and get the FUCKING phsio to come on, what for? a broken eyelash? they had the cheek to boo us for not putting the ball out as well. don't see why our players dont all fall down with 5 minutes to play and refuse to get up until the final whistle is blown if that is considered unsporting.

Marcus?

Guest Geordiesned

Didn't deserve to lose.

Bentley's free kick shouldn't have been a free kick. N'Zogbia had nowhere to go and the Blackburn player went in on him with studs up. The 3rd was on the break as we pressed for an equaliser and there was actually a cracking tackle for the 2nd but the ball still broke for them.

Winning and losing isn't really that important to me this year tbh, can't see anything but mid-table as our finishing point for the season.

It's the performances. Last few have been shocking, but this is the kind of game today where we've been pushovers in for years. This is the type of game we've needed to develop more spine in, and from the looks of today it seems that maybe we're doing that.

Need to do it consistently mind you, but if we can do that then it's a great sign for once we're able to add some more quality to our team.

we've won at ewood two seasons in a row.

I didn't mean Blackburn away specifically.

Thought that was obvious.

we always take a huge crowd there and usually put in a good show so i wouldn't really class it as the type of away game we usually do bad in. we've done better than this under roeder and souness so i won't do any cartwheels yet.

tugay scores.

What exactly about my post screams "doing cartwheels" FFS?

My point was basically that's it's an encouraging performance. There's a whole lot still wrong with us and I'm fully aware of the fact that this performance doesn't mean we're fine now or anything.

never said your post did, i just wouldn't include blackburn as one of the traditional gamesin which we struggle, youd have to go back a decade to find the last league game where we didn't turn up. certainly better than previous games but i thought we'd do well anyway.

I'm not trying to have a go at people here but I can only think that those who are having a go after that performance haven't watched it, we played really well and didn't deserve to lose.  I'll have a go at the players and manager when they are in the wrong, today isn't one of those days for me.

I'm not trying to have a go at people here but I can only think that those who are having a go after that performance haven't watched it, we played really well and didn't deserve to lose.  I'll have a go at the players and manager when they are in the wrong, today isn't one of those days for me.

aye agreed

Guest kingdawson

Some of the posts in this thread are f****** unbelievable. We played well in patches today, we showed commitment, the support was tremendous, the likes of Milner, Barton and Smith probably had some of their best games this season. Anyway, Allardyce out, who gives a s***.

Spot on. At least we had a real go today, from the line-up and tactics to the performances and substitutions.

Blackburn are better than us, and have better quality than us, so we lost.

Well from a neutrals perspective, Blackburn and Newcastle are pretty evenly matched tbh. Goalkeepers are about the same, Blackburn have far better defenders, Midfield about the same and strikeforce pretty equal (you lot probably shade the frontline if everyone was fit). Blackburn beat Newcastle (and spurs for that matter) hands down on team spirit and tactical discipline which basically decides the outcome of the game.

Didn't deserve to lose.

Bentley's free kick shouldn't have been a free kick. N'Zogbia had nowhere to go and the Blackburn player went in on him with studs up. The 3rd was on the break as we pressed for an equaliser and there was actually a cracking tackle for the 2nd but the ball still broke for them.

Precisely. I'd put our loss down to 'unfortunate-ness' today, really. The second goal of their's wasn't brilliant defending but a fantastic finish nonetheless. We deserved a point - the sides were directly on par, whether it was last ditch tackles or dangerous free-kicks - the same thing seemed to happen to both teams.

Guest Geordiesned

Completely agree. Best performance for a long time. Very undeserved defeat.