Latest Newcastle Related Rumours

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I'm not in the pro-Shearer camp for the same reason I've never been happy with the likes of Clark or Beardsley being given staff jobs. I would rather be dispassionate about an appointment, and Shearer is a legend here so fans will see him through rose-tinted glasses, much like they did when he was CF. He's got leadership qualities but management is about more than that, especially at club level.

I'm not in the pro-Shearer camp for the same reason I've never been happy with the likes of Clark or Beardsley being given staff jobs. I would rather be dispassionate about an appointment, and Shearer is a legend here so fans will see him through rose-tinted glasses, much like they did when he was CF. He's got leadership qualities but management is about more than that, especially at club level.

Papers are really pushing this and I doubt they have our best interests at heart.

Newcastle goalkeeper Steve Harper wants to quit the club to raise his profile, believing it will help him force his way into the England team :laugh2:

Don't blame him, England's keepers are utter shite, fair play to him.

Didn't we sign Big Dunc at Shearer's behest? Not the best judgement there.

No, Gullit bought him as Shearer's potential replacement.

Allardyce has already said he isn't trying to turn us into Bolton but he is working on making us more solid first before he tries to get us playing more like Arsenal or Man U. So far it hasn't looked good and some of his decisions have been baffling but I still have faith he will get it right. We are very much a new team so it will take time for things to click, we have also been shit for 3 years so to expect us to be challenging the top 6 is a bit much, especially with some of the money being thrown around these days.

Teams like Blackburn, Pompey and Everton have had their managers in place for a number of years now so its understandable they will be a little more settled and more consistant. Obviously Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea are going to finish above us in the table and teams like West Ham and Villa are very similar to us aswell in terms of the squads (and O'Neill has had a while to settle in and get his ideas into place).

City are the ones who have managed to take a lot of change and gelled quickly, that being said I believe they have spent quite a bit more than us, have had key players available for most of the season and have a fairly settled centre of defence.

To expect/demand that we finish above any of these teams at the moment is raising your hopes a little too much. We simply aren't the team that finished 5th anymore, we have gone backwards while a lot of others have progressed and this is in part down to having a bit of stability. I am sure Everton fans had times when they thought Moyes wasn't the right man for them but I bet most are happy he is still there.

As said before we have had some strange decisions from Allardyce, some where people can see no benefit at all (although with some I have seen what he is trying to do even if I don't really agree with it) but he is a good manager who I am sure is already putting things into place that will help us out in the long term and he just needs a bit of time to get his players on the same wavelength and his formations set and working.

Very well said and nail on the head!

(ooh that rhymed)

Gullit bought Dunc as Shearer's partner, he's said so himself so many times since leaving the club that Shearer worked better with a big man next to him, ala Ferdy-Shearer combo.

Countless times i've hear Ruud Mullet on SS's talking about this.

I'm not in the pro-Shearer camp for the same reason I've never been happy with the likes of Clark or Beardsley being given staff jobs.

I find that a strength of Man United backroom is the fact they have so many players who know the club & all what being a Man Utd players brings with it. Here is a list of x-Man Utd players still on the Old Trafford payroll.

First Team Coach: Mike Phelan

First Team Coach (Strikers): Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Goalkeeping Coach: Tony Coton

Director of Youth Academy: Brian McClair

Director of Youth Football: Jimmy Ryan

Gullit bought Dunc as Shearer's partner, he's said so himself so many times since leaving the club that Shearer worked better with a big man next to him, ala Ferdy-Shearer combo.

Countless times i've hear Ruud Mullet on SS's talking about this.

agree, he said so when he signed big dunc that shearer had been best alongside target men like sutton or newell.

Guest newcastle4life

Big performance needed there was an improvement against Blackburn that still wasnt good enough not sure if Sam will be sacked if not the pressure will be on for the games after which are all winnable.

Guest kinaldo

Hector Cuper, the perennial underachiever, got sacked by Real Betis today.

Lost Argentinian Championship on final day with Lanús

Lost the final of the Copa del Rey with Mallora

Lost the final of the Cup Winners' Cup with Mallorca

Runner up with Valencia in the final of of the Chanmpions League in 2000, and again in 2001.

Runner up twice in Serie A with Inter Milan, (top on the final day and 2-0 up at ht against Lazio, but still lost the game 4-2).

Never won a major trophy and sacked from Real Betis today.

Cúper and Newcastle might be the perfect match...

Sam Allardyce insists he will not change his approach as he looks to breathe life into Newcastle United's season.

The Magpies have picked up just one point from the last 15 available and entertain Premier League leaders Arsenal on Wednesday.

Reports have claimed that defeat at home to the Gunners could see Allardyce sacked and replaced by Toon legend Alan Shearer.

Allardyce is aware he is in the 'results business', and is adamant that is what matters, rather than putting on a show for the St James' Park faithful.

Responsibility

"It is very difficult for us all," said Allardyce. "We are not sitting here not accepting our responsibility, we are.

"We are in the business for results. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is winning games of football.

"You want to win games of football and entertain, but the bottom line is all about winning.

"At the end of the day, we are all in the winning game and the results game, and that is what we have got to get back to, we all know that."

Allardyce also responded to reports that three senior players had gone to see him last week in the wake of the 3-0 home defeat by Liverpool to express their concerns about how things were going.

Asked if there was any truth in the claim, Allardyce said: "If there is or there is not, you would have no idea of getting it from me. That's private and confidential.

Distraction

"I cannot do a job other than by doing it the right way.

"The right way is to try and be successful over a period of time, as quickly as you can. You want it to be sustainable over a period of time, and not just a flash in the pan.

"At the moment, there are 52,000 who can pick a better team than me, so that's a distraction you cannot let happen.

"You have got to get on with your job. You know what works, and you know what doesn't work. You know what's right, and what's not right.

"Just because you get one or two bad results, it's doesn't change the way you work."

OH well trouble at mill ,He did not deny the player discontent stuff which you would expect if if there was no truth in it .

On radio 1 news they are reporting 'player uprising' at the Toon.

If 3 senior players going to see Sam is an uprising I hate to think how they would report the rise of Hitler.

I would expect senior players to go and see the manager if things aren't going well, it goes with the territory of being 'senior'

wrong to compare allardyce to hitler.....keegan is a closer analogy, started amazingly well but it blew up right at the end.

On radio 1 news they are reporting 'player uprising' at the Toon.

If 3 senior players going to see Sam is an uprising I hate to think how they would report the rise of Hitler.

I would expect senior players to go and see the manager if things aren't going well, it goes with the territory of being 'senior'

wrong to compare allardyce to hitler.....keegan is a closer analogy, started amazingly well but it blew up right at the end.

Well, i laughed!

Allardyce has already said he isn't trying to turn us into Bolton but he is working on making us more solid first before he tries to get us playing more like Arsenal or Man U. So far it hasn't looked good and some of his decisions have been baffling but I still have faith he will get it right.

The key to a solid defence is consistency but our defence has been chopped and changed so much by Sam that the players haven’t had a chance to develop any kind of understanding, and if it continues they never will.

We have played with 10 different defensive line-ups this season. On the whole, the changes haven’t been forced upon Sam by injury or suspension. They have often been made to accommodate midfielders in the side; which sort of rubbishes the idea that his priority is stability at the back.

I agree that a solid defence should be the first priority. Sam may say it is his but he is making absolutely no progress towards it and seems to have no clue of how to achieve it. We will continue to leak goals as he continues to swap the defence around and that doesn’t show any signs of stopping.

Allardyce has already said he isn't trying to turn us into Bolton but he is working on making us more solid first before he tries to get us playing more like Arsenal or Man U. So far it hasn't looked good and some of his decisions have been baffling but I still have faith he will get it right.

The key to a solid defence is consistency but our defence has been chopped and changed so much by Sam that the players haven’t had a chance to develop any kind of understanding, and if it continues they never will.

We have played with 10 different defensive line-ups this season. On the whole, the changes haven’t been forced upon Sam by injury or suspension. They have often been made to accommodate midfielders in the side; which sort of rubbishes the idea that his priority is stability at the back.

I agree that a solid defence should be the first priority. Sam may say it is his but he is making absolutely no progress towards it and seems to have no clue of how to achieve it. We will continue to leak goals as he continues to swap the defence around and that doesn’t show any signs of stopping.

it's not the defence,it's the defending throughout the team.

i am absolutly fucking sick of having to point that out.

Guest Reservoir Mags

Allardyce has already said he isn't trying to turn us into Bolton but he is working on making us more solid first before he tries to get us playing more like Arsenal or Man U. So far it hasn't looked good and some of his decisions have been baffling but I still have faith he will get it right. We are very much a new team so it will take time for things to click, we have also been shit for 3 years so to expect us to be challenging the top 6 is a bit much, especially with some of the money being thrown around these days.

Teams like Blackburn, Pompey and Everton have had their managers in place for a number of years now so its understandable they will be a little more settled and more consistant. Obviously Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea are going to finish above us in the table and teams like West Ham and Villa are very similar to us aswell in terms of the squads (and O'Neill has had a while to settle in and get his ideas into place).

City are the ones who have managed to take a lot of change and gelled quickly, that being said I believe they have spent quite a bit more than us, have had key players available for most of the season and have a fairly settled centre of defence.

To expect/demand that we finish above any of these teams at the moment is raising your hopes a little too much. We simply aren't the team that finished 5th anymore, we have gone backwards while a lot of others have progressed and this is in part down to having a bit of stability. I am sure Everton fans had times when they thought Moyes wasn't the right man for them but I bet most are happy he is still there.

As said before we have had some strange decisions from Allardyce, some where people can see no benefit at all (although with some I have seen what he is trying to do even if I don't really agree with it) but he is a good manager who I am sure is already putting things into place that will help us out in the long term and he just needs a bit of time to get his players on the same wavelength and his formations set and working.

Very well said and nail on the head!

(ooh that rhymed)

Couldn't agree more, you obviously know the score.  See what I did there??!!  :cheesy:

i am absolutly f****** sick of having to point that out.

Divin't be patronising. Of course I'm aware that defending is not just about the defence!

However, it is vitally important to have a settled defence because they, more than any other part of the team, have to work together as a unit.

The same point also goes for the rest of the team. Sam needs to stop f****** about with the line-up, pick and eleven and play them week in. week out making only minor changes. That is the only way we are going to start playing with some cohesion, which is totally lacking at the moment from front to back in defence, midfield and attack.

The key to a solid defence is consistency but our defence has been chopped and changed so much by Sam that the players haven?t had a chance to develop any kind of understanding, and if it continues they never will.

We have played with 10 different defensive line-ups this season. On the whole, the changes haven?t been forced upon Sam by injury or suspension. They have often been made to accommodate midfielders in the side; which sort of rubbishes the idea that his priority is stability at the back.

I agree that a solid defence should be the first priority. Sam may say it is his but he is making absolutely no progress towards it and seems to have no clue of how to achieve it. We will continue to leak goals as he continues to swap the defence around and that doesn?t show any signs of stopping.

i am absolutly fucking sick of having to point that out.

Have you nicked Ne5's act?

The key to a solid defence is consistency but our defence has been chopped and changed so much by Sam that the players haven?t had a chance to develop any kind of understanding, and if it continues they never will.

We have played with 10 different defensive line-ups this season. On the whole, the changes haven?t been forced upon Sam by injury or suspension. They have often been made to accommodate midfielders in the side; which sort of rubbishes the idea that his priority is stability at the back.

I agree that a solid defence should be the first priority. Sam may say it is his but he is making absolutely no progress towards it and seems to have no clue of how to achieve it. We will continue to leak goals as he continues to swap the defence around and that doesn?t show any signs of stopping.

i am absolutly f****** sick of having to point that out.

Have you nicked Ne5's act?

mackems.gif

(now i have)