The worst midfield in the top 10?

Parky

Looking around the clubs in the 2nd tier of the PL and the clubs we are supposedly competing with ie Pompey, Everton, Aston Villa, Blackburn and Man City our midfield currently doesn't look that clever. I'd have swap ours with any one of those sides.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

We haven't got an outstanding play maker, we've got a team full of hard working tanks.  I'd say we have a better midfield than most give us credit for.

It is quite shit, tbh. We have a few good squad players, but not many that should really be guranteed a place in our starting midfield 4. Maybe J. Barton and that's about it.

Aye.

Even if we look at Villa.

Barry

Gardner

Reo-

Coker

Petrov

Young

I honestly would rather have that lot. :-[

There's hard workers plus N'Zogbia (who's not even in midfield currently) and maybe Emre. The team and midfield in particular is in need of some pace and ability to keep the ball.

The thing is though the midfield's of the sides mentioned aren't that much better than ours, it's just they have played together for longer and have a set way of playing, whereas it seems ours just go out and see what happens. Hopefully the more they play together the better it will work.

A midfield of Duff/N'Zogbia, Geremi, Barton and Milner looks pretty strong on paper, I'd like to see those four given a few games in a 4-4-2.  When you have a three man midfield and two of them are Butt and Smith it doesn't look anywhere near as good.

A midfield of Duff/N'Zogbia, Geremi, Barton and Milner looks pretty strong on paper, I'd like to see those four given a few games in a 4-4-2.  When you have a three man midfield and two of them are Butt and Smith it doesn't look anywhere near as good.

I'd still rather have any of the others midfields.

Look at the power and depth in the Pompey midfield.

Kranjcar

Muntari

Diop        

Davis

Taylor

Mendes

But as Andy gray says....." Games arn't won on paper "  :lol:

Our midfield is atrocious, they can't pass, they have no vision, no footballing brain, the list goes on. Barton, Geremi, and Smith make me grimace every time they get the ball. They do work hard though, i'll give them that. :thup:

Our midfield is atrocious, they can't pass, they have no vision, no footballing brain, the list goes on. Barton, Geremi, and Smith make me grimace every time they get the ball. They do work hard though, i'll give them that. :thup:

They may work hard but none of them can dominate either wether as a DM or an AM.

Kranjcar

Muntari

Diop        

Davis

Taylor

Mendes

From what I've seen Diop and Muntari don't do a lot apart from be big and work hard, Davis just works hard. Still, at least being big is an advantage over our midfield. There's only Mendes and Kranjcar with any semblence of creativity there imo.

But as Andy gray says....." Games arn't won on paper "  :lol:

No.

Our bad midfield on paper is even worse in real life.

Tragic.

Kranjcar

Muntari

Diop        

Davis

Taylor

Mendes

From what I've seen Diop and Muntari don't do a lot apart from be big and work hard, Davis just works hard. Still, at least being big is an advantage over our midfield. There's only Mendes and Kranjcar with any semblence of creativity there imo.

I'd rather have any combo of the above over Butt/Emre  Geremi/Emre  Smith/Butt etc..It's a no brainer.

There's hard workers plus N'Zogbia (who's not even in midfield currently) and maybe Emre. The team and midfield in particular is in need of some pace and ability to keep the ball.

The thing is though the midfield's of the sides mentioned aren't that much better than ours, it's just they have played together for longer and have a set way of playing, whereas it seems ours just go out and see what happens. Hopefully the more they play together the better it will work.

The way Pompey stroked it around no hurry was depressing watching.

It is quite shit, tbh. We have a few good squad players, but not many that should really be guranteed a place in our starting midfield 4. Maybe J. Barton and that's about it.

Aye.

Barry

Gardner

Reo-

Coker

Petrov

Young

You say that as if it is a surprise.

England international Barry, former U21 captain NRC and current top form player Young?

Gardner is promising. Hardly gets a start, 3 PL goals already this season. Even Petrov is producing the goods at the moment.

You also forgot Maloney, who is a quality player who gets - for some reason - hardly a look in.

Yep our midfield is s****.

I'd much rather have Pompeys, as well as their defence and strikeforce.

:yikes:

I was :yikes: too for a moment but now that I think about it... I would too.

In fact, I might even have their keeper.  :kasper:

Aye.

Barry

Gardner

Reo-

Coker

Petrov

Young

England international Barry, former U21 captain NRC and current top form player Young?

Gardner is promising. Hardly gets a start, 3 PL goals already this season. Even Petrov is producing the goods at the moment.

You also forgot Maloney, who is a quality player who gets - for some reason - hardly a look in.

Came on as sub against arseluck iirc (the little fella?) and looked quite tidy imo.

It is quite s***, tbh. We have a few good squad players, but not many that should really be guranteed a place in our starting midfield 4. Maybe J. Barton and that's about it.

Aye.

Barry

Gardner

Reo-

Coker

Petrov

Young

Came on as sub against arseluck iirc (the little fella?) and looked quite tidy imo.

average player, just like the rest