Newcastle United 1 - 1 Arsenal - 05/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Well, Big Sam clearly hasn't forgotten how to make Wenger hate him.

Excellent preformance. Deserved to win, but I'll take a point and be glad about it.

Let's get the season going now.

....just hope we don't lose to Birmingham this weekend and start the whole merry-go-round all over again.

Guest optimistic nit

Fucking hell, Taylor gets lucky.

Professional from Beye.

neither were fouls in my opinion. just using his stregnth, no way were either fouls.

smith or beye man of the match, probably smith. good game all round and nice to see spirit from the players. played typical bolton tactics if you will but if there's one team you play like that against it is arsenal. lacked a cutting edge i thought but made up for it with sheer grit.

I couldn't care if Arsenal had got a last gasp winner, after today's performance I'm more than happy.

IMO we cuold have actually won the game given the chances we had but regardless or that a great performance from the lads in doing what very few expected us to do and that's actually get something from the game never mind give Arsenal a run for their money.

Great performance, really think we deserved the 3 points. Smith was excellent, worked really hard and won everything in the air, was disappointed when they dropped him back into midfield. Still can't believe Enrique is picked ahead of Zog at LB. Though all this means very little if we don't go on and get a win on Saturday!!

Missed the first 16 minutes so I missed the arsenal goal, but great performance from us tonight, unbelieveable at the end there with those corners in a row for us, how close we came from winning the game. Can't wait for our next game now!

Professional from Beye.

neither were fouls in my opinion. just using his stregnth, no way were either fouls.

taylor has to do that imo, think it was a stupid backpass which forced his hand. at worst it is obstruction.

Professional from Beye.

Reading that it looks like I was picking on Taylor, I wasn't. Just saying that he could have given the second one after letting the first one go.

I agree FWIW, didn't think either were fouls.