Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Heneage

Blatantly leaving the club.

Thank you Mr Holmes. Any news on the takeover?

There's been more than 2 100m bids for the club, something to happen this week.

The SUN

FANS' favourite Habib Beye last night laid bare the frustrations at Newcastle and insisted: "I have to leave for the sake of my career - I've been given no choice."

The Senegal defender has become unsettled by the position the Toon are in after been relegated.

The club have no new owners, no manager and - right now - no hope.

Beye, 31, who has interested Blackburn among others, was fully prepared to stay at St James' Park to lead the fightback from the Championship.

He believed that, in Alan Shearer, Newcastle had the man who could revitalise the Magpies.

Yet while Beye has been away on his holidays, the club has crumbled to dust.

Now, in a hard-hitting SunSport exclusive, Beye has spoken out on the doom at the Toon.

He said: "I'm really upset by what has, or rather has not, been going on this summer.

"It was hard enough dealing with the disappointment of being relegated but things just seem to be going from bad to worse.

"I've spoken to Alan Shearer and I know how much he wanted to get Newcastle back to the Premier League.

"He is a top man and someone the players believe in. He had told us about what he expected when we returned to pre-season training and I left for my holiday fully expecting him to be in charge when I got back.

"But it hasn't happened and he doesn't seem to know what's going on much more than anyone else."

Beye was a huge success in his first season at Newcastle and was voted the fans' player of the year.

They even set up a website in his honour with the title, Beyewatch. He added: "When I joined from Marseille two years ago, I was so excited to be joining such a big club. It was a dream move.

"I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting."

Beye has one year left on his contract and understood a new deal was on the horizon. But he has heard nothing since... except silence.

He added: "This cannot go on, it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

Beye's agent Gary Smith said: "It's sad things have come to this. No one can question Habib's commitment to Newcastle.

"He was prepared to ignore medical advice and play in the last game against Aston Villa but Alan Shearer stopped him.

"He feels bitter that the club cannot make a long-term commitment to him as he was prepared to put his career on the line for them."

Steve Harper reckons the club is "dying a slow, painful death" at the moment.

The keeper said: "All we keep hearing is 'next few days, next few days.

"Everybody wants it resolved so we can rebuild this club.

"We want it to be done and dusted because - as it stands - the club is dying a slow, painful death."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2533306/Good-Beye-and-good-riddance.html

Players are quite obviously putting the pressure on Ashley. They'll all have their little articles over the next few days.

Either they put in a request or they shut the fuck up in my view. As long as they rob a wage off the Club every week they shut the fuck up and get on with what they are being paid to do.

How many games would Beye be fit for in the CCC?

I can't possibly wish any more ill will on Mike Ashley. Even if the thoroughly detestable Ole Gunnar Solskjaer walked in front of a bus tomorrow I wouldn't feel happy about it but Mike Ashley? Fucking hell, get the champagne out.